Preseason GAME 2

Hunt had some flashes, but his vision isn't where it needs to be yet. He missed some holes and with his lack of top end speed, he needs to take every crease there is. But kudos for wiping out 2 defenders on one single block.

Real disappointing to see that the Chiefs still can't move the chains on short yardage situations on the ground.

Jah Reid fucking sucks.

WR battle looks rather lackluster and I think it's more likely the Chiefs carry 4 TE over 4 RB's because of that reason.

Agreed. RB and WR are a conundrum.

I have to give Spiller the edge on explosiveness right now. But he is 30 and West is 26. Can I trust Spiller to stay healthy if he has to start? Can I trust West to produce if he is pushed into service? The answer to both is maybe, maybe not. I think you keep both or the best ST contributor.

How many WRs do you keep? Kemp is intriguing. Jones is even mor intriguing. Wilson and DAT are not likely to turn into starters, but DAT has the ST upside that Wilson doesn't.

This is the most fun offseason I can remember. In big part because of Mahomes, but there is crazy competition that will impact us for years to come.

I think at RB you have to gauge the certains and not the what ifs.

Spiller looks fast and plays hard. He played like he wants to be in the NFL.

West was productive, but did it against guys that will be working at Jiffy Lube next month. Had a shot to flip a huge play for a TD, but looked slow and got caught from behind.

Here are the WR's that I think are locks: Hill, Conley, DaT and Chesson. Albert is a solid too, so I only see one spot up for grabs.

Robinson, Kemp and Jones for that last spot. They have carried 7 before, but would you carry a 7th over a TE on the bubble...especially if Smith is your starter? I'd think not.

I'm not really content about any of the WRs after Hill.

Pretty much agree, except I think Robinson makes it. Chesson has hasn't done much compared to Robinson and Jones. They were really gutsy with that. Last year with Russel they sent him packing. Also, I don't think Wilson or DAT are both safe. I think Wilson may be on the bubble.

Russell was allegedly a cancer and they moved up for Chesson. I'm certain he's sticking.

Kemp will get a PS spot and maybe Jones too.

Wilson is a favorite of Andys and Toub loves Thomas. They aren't going anywhere.

If they feel strongly about winning now, I think they need to look into acquiring another legitimate WR or hope one is a surprise cut.

Archived