Biggest Weaknesses

I'd like to see everyone's opinion on what our greatest vulnerabilities are on the team at present.  Two things that jump out at me are:

1) No clear solid #2 CB.

2) Insufficient depth at LT

I think we may have the answer to the first question already on the roster, but not certain.  If not, it would be the highest priority.  The other question troubles me just as much.  If Eric Fisher were to go down, who is there who could consistently protect the QB on that side?  An injury to Fisher, and our whole season is in jeopardy.  I would like to see that become priority #1 in next year's draft.  I don't know when his contract starts becoming an issue, but a championship team HAS to have a high quality LT, especially with a talented young QB who will become our starter as early as next year.  Fisher keeps getting better and better, and we take him for granted, but we need a high quality backup.  Thoughts?

I'd like to see everyone's opinion on what our greatest vulnerabilities are on the team at present. Two things that jump out at me are:

1) No clear solid #2 CB.

2) Insufficient depth at LT

I think we may have the answer to the first question already on the roster, but not certain. If not, it would be the highest priority. The other question troubles me just as much. If Eric Fisher were to go down, who is there who could consistently protect the QB on that side? An injury to Fisher, and our whole season is in jeopardy. I would like to see that become priority #1 in next year's draft. I don't know when his contract starts becoming an issue, but a championship team HAS to have a high quality LT, especially with a talented young QB who will become our starter as early as next year. Fisher keeps getting better and better, and we take him for granted, but we need a high quality backup. Thoughts?

Terrence Mitchell is a stud. That guy shut down everyone.

No legitimate #1 receiver. Hill is an excellent deep threat and a credible #2 guy. But he is too short and not so easy to find in a crowd. Conley has the size but has not proven reliability on the deep routes. Trouble getting off the LOS. There is no Maclin replacement on the roster.

Biggest surprise to me so far is C J Spilled. Still got that speed and really hits the hole in a hurry. I think he's a keeper

Andy's ability to manage the clock.

Hahahaha.  

Maybe he can do that better with an improved running game.  Usually, that is the key to icing a game.  But managing the clock during a two minute drill is a different matter.  He is still Andy.  He is so busy trying to figure out what the next play is and communicating it, that he isn't applying that much mental effort at managing the clock.  At some point, he needs to trust and turn over the play calling to the QB in a two-minute. It's a leap of faith for him.

Archived