Just watched Game #2- MAHOMES IS THE REAL DEAL

He will be the starter by Week 6.

Alex Smith will be a back up and out of Chiefs uniform next year.

Reid should trade him to the Jets right now for a #2 and a #6 WHILE THE VALUE IS STILL THERE; not after Mahomes taking over.

Smith in NY? Media firestorm.

He will be the starter by Week 6.

Alex Smith will be a back up and out of Chiefs uniform next year.

Reid should trade him to the Jets right now for a #2 and a #6 WHILE THE VALUE IS STILL THERE; not after Mahomes taking over.

Damn it. I hate agreeing with a Ravens fan. Though I'm not sure AA would bring a 2 & a 6. 

If I have the opportunity to watch the game tomorrow, It'll be to watch Mahomes and Hunt.., Been a while that we had a new QB that generated any excitement.., Sonofabitch has a pretty good arm..,

Your right, but thank you. ;)

Btw i would rather mahomes sit this year. I know he looks further along than people thought, but he looks about where i thought he'd be. Him making plays out of nothing or scanning the full field was never a problem. The things he is showing well at in preseason are the reasons why i wanted us to draft him. But he's on a limited playbook with a young group of receivers and he still has a lot to learn.

I dont think it would be a disaster but i don't see alex having less value next year when he's still under contract.

The keys with a young QB is

1.  Having a mentally tough and humble QB.

2.  Having the right coaching staff to develop a kid.

Sanchez might of panned up if he wasn't paired with Marty's kid.  Leaf flamed out because he wasn't mentally tough.

Mahomes is mentally tough and has the right coaches in place.  The concept that be would be ruined if he played as a rookie is amusing, but I don't fault them if they decide to have him solely focus on basic things for a year.

Archived