Just watched Game #2- MAHOMES IS THE REAL DEAL

It is getting real hard to stick to the plan and let Mahomes sit. This kid is electric. I don't see how we keep him off the he field if we are sitting at 4-4 by mid season.

I do. .but much depends on whether the defense just starts falling apart or the Offense cannot generate more than10-13 points a game.. Chiefs always seem to be late bloomers that is why I have them winning 5/6  of the last 7 but if we are like 3-6 before the bye.. the Fans will be turning AA into Cassel in short order especially after seeing last nights performance

I thought it funny how Albert looked awesome out there last night.AA might of been the one holding him back

I do. .but much depends on whether the defense just starts falling apart or the Offense cannot generate more than10-13 points a game.. Chiefs always seem to be late bloomers that is why I have them winning 5/6  of the last 7 but if we are like 3-6 before the bye.. the Fans will be turning AA into Cassel in short order especially after seeing last nights performance

I thought it funny how Albert looked awesome out there last night.AA might of been the one holding him back

He made robinson look like antonio brown.    Still keeping my gaurd up a bit but this kid has the arm and tools to grow.  

There is an argument to be made for not sitting a rook. I like for them to learn the playbook and watch how things operate, but for every Rogers there is a Cassel who got to sit behind a solid pro and still wasn't very good.

Good point. But I'd say for every rodgers there's about 500 cassel's. Maybe more.

It says something that Cassel (a 35 year old who was barely average in his prime) is the backup to Mariota. There are some bad, bad QBs in the NFL.

Holy smokes. Glennon, McCown, Semien, Hoyer, whoever Cleveland starts, whoever the Jets start, dot dot dot. What a shit show. I am very glad our problem is deciding whether Smith or Mahomes start. BTW, Bradford is worth 50 mill guaranteed?

Im no linger convinced he needs to sit a year. Half a year should be fine

Thats why I said "By week 6" that should be enough time....

He has everything he needs to succeed except experience. His skill set already matches or exceeds AS.

The whole debate over sitting a rook or starting a rook is filled with variables and situations not found on every team or in every year.

Most of the rookie QBs that started in their first year were on terrible teams.  Teams coming off 12-4 seasons aren't going to take the chance of a rookie starting when the  winning starter is healthy.  Cam, RG3, Safford, and a bunch of Browns QBs started because there was no alternative.  The Chiefs are more like the Pack who sat Rogers while they won with Farve.  The only way Mahomes starts is if Smith goes down or if the Chiefs are losing consistently.  The team will be better off next year if Mahomes sits this year.

Archived