OT's season prediction

Boy...some of these posters need to take a step back. Alex Smith was Aaron Rodgers in disguise last night. He has real weapons to throw to. Not saying Chiefs won't drop some games now but that was a gutty, impressive win. Sometimes we are guilty of projecting the future because we are married to the past...but each season has its own flow. We are gonna see some great things in 2017.

Rooting against the team? Alex Smith wins regular season games throwing for 200 yds and 1 TD and it takes a miracle play on special teams or on defense to do that. I don't know about you guys but another 1st or second round playoff loss to playoff caliber teams is so old. A dynamic QB that throws into double coverage on the run and sticks passes into impossible spots is what is needed to win those type of games. I've already seen Mahomes do those things. We know what Alex Smith will do already.

Do you want your crow with or without the side order suck it.

Do you want your crow with or without the side order suck it.

Saying anyone will definitely do anything in absolutes, in my opinion, is stupid. Things that have never happened before, happen. Things that happen a few times, happen. Things that happen all the time, happen.

Obviously, Smith's MO has not been last night and the games where Smith has stepped up like this does not change the games that he does not. M

But just like you cannot tell me that a coin tossed for the 11th time will land on tails if it lands on heads 10 times in a row, I think it is stupid to make a prediction with absolutes. Saying that it needs a special teams play, defense, or a miracle, today is extreme. All it took was Smith play well in Houston that before.

Having said all that, none of this means that we'll do it again next time. We will constantly have to prove things over time. All I can hope for is the best for our team, regardless of player, and hope that Mahomes is developing well and learning.

Best we can hope for is to avoid losses to weaker teams and steal a few wins against the better teams.  The win last night was a huge step.  OAK and DEN have to beat NE to keep pace and the Pats are still a top team.  It's good that the Chiefs have a few extra days to prepare for the iggles.  Hate to see a prime time victory leave a hangover for the next game.  Arrowhead will be rockin' next Sunday.

Archived