Cameron Erving

Chiefs Acquire OL Cameron Erving in Trade with Browns
Erving was the 19th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the club has acquired offensive lineman Cameron Erving via trade from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick.

Erving (6-5, 313) has played in 29 games (17 starts) in two NFL seasons with the Cleveland Browns (2015-16). He originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (19th overall) of the Browns in the 2015 NFL Draft. The Moultrie, Georgia, native played collegiately at Florida State where he earned numerous All-American honors and was an All-ACC first-team selection. Twice he earned the Jacobs Blocking Trophy given to the ACC’s top blocker, voted on by head coaches and defensive coordinators. Erving has played tackle, center and guard in his football career.

He plays far too high, so his leverage is bad from the start. Not a strong guy, so will he driven far back ontop of it.

The Chiefs could of had him for a conditional 17th rounder in 2099 as long as they agreed to take his salary.

The Chiefs are now down to just 4 draft choices in 2018 and will be strapped vs the cap without extreme roster moves.

Erving is one of the worst Offensive Linemen I've ever seen.

He plays far too high, so his leverage is bad from the start. Not a strong guy, so will he driven far back ontop of it.

The Chiefs could of had him for a conditional 17th rounder in 2099 as long as they agreed to take his salary.

The Chiefs are now down to just 4 draft choices in 2018 and will be strapped vs the cap without extreme roster moves.

Erving is one of the worst Offensive Linemen I've ever seen.

So what you are saying is he is an upgrade. Joking, but not really. Have you seen some of the backup O linemen we have. Good golly, they are bad. Give it a chance. You said the same thing about KPL and he was a clear upgrade to depth. These guys do their homework. He may not work, but I am just saying it is too early.

So what you are saying is he is an upgrade. Joking, but not really. Have you seen some of the backup O linemen we have. Good golly, they are bad. Give it a chance. You said the same thing about KPL and he was a clear upgrade to depth. These guys do their homework. He may not work, but I am just saying it is too early.

Maybe KC thinks this is their big chance to go deep in the playoffs. What the heck: Go for it!

That and we are looking at him as supersub.so no real reason to freak out.

KPL isn't as good of a ST guy, and the difference on Defense was enough to lead them to trade for Ragland.

Yes the depth on this line is bad, but Erving has been Jordan Black bad.

Bringing in Cameron Erving all but ensures that Jah Reid is leaving. Jah Reid's 2017 was going to cost more than Erving's outstanding amount owed, and when Reid leaves, the cap money saved pays for most of what Erving is owed.

I'm not comfortable, being that Ehinger's not on the field yet, but to know that Erving is the backup that enables the Chiefs to move on from Reid and Fulton makes me feel more confident about the Chiefs' offensive line.

Any word on when Ehingler is expect to return?  With him, the OL starters are pretty solid and young enough to expect to get better.  It's the backups that look bad, and Erving is no worse than what the Chiefs had before.  Is he worth the pick?  Time will tell, but he had something to like a couple of years ago and maybe a new team, new coach, and new environment will make him useful.

They did a good job with LDT who had raw talent and played too high. I think Ehinger and Witz are pretty good but lack strength for the run game. OT is probably where this guy fits. We need a backup really bad. Even if the guy can't help much this year.

They did a good job with LDT who had raw talent and played too high. I think Ehinger and Witz are pretty good but lack strength for the run game. OT is probably where this guy fits. We need a backup really bad. Even if the guy can't help much this year.

He should be READY to help immediately.  It's not like he was signed off the street or is a rookie.  He may not coordinate with the rest of the OL right away, but he should be near peak shape.  Best case is that the Chiefs' staff can fix him, both mentally and technique wise.

Any word on when Ehingler is expect to return?  With him, the OL starters are pretty solid and young enough to expect to get better.  It's the backups that look bad, and Erving is no worse than what the Chiefs had before.  Is he worth the pick?  Time will tell, but he had something to like a couple of years ago and maybe a new team, new coach, and new environment will make him useful.

I wouldn't anticipate much from Ehringer for awhile.

He tore his ACL pretty late in the year last season and it usually takes at least a full on year to really start getting to normal. Unless you're using deer antler spray or some shit.

He'll be a reserve guy this year to continue resting and the guy at LG now has been okay.

Archived