Roster Cuts & Moves

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the guy, but Winston on a one year deal while they see if they can fix Erving makes sense.

I get the Spiller cut. Not much of a tool box. Just speed. Plus he is olf as the hills. West can block, catch and make people miss better. And he is only 26. Our third RB needs to be a short yardage bull. Or a very diverse RB. Sausage could be a short yardage pounder if a Forte lands on the roster I guess.

I am disappointed that Sammie Coates was given away. I would replace Wilso with him in a heartbeat.

Maclin did too at times, so no shit.

He's not actually going to be a RB. They're going to break him otherwise.

No shit.

I'm saying Andy never has a go to back. Everyone in KC has limited carries.

They are all going to touch it. No workhorse...

No shit.

I'm saying Andy never has a go to back. Everyone in KC has limited carries.

They are all going to touch it. No workhorse...

Yeah, but he's not going to be a RB which is the whole premise of this discussion.

But Veach hinted that Spiller — a 30-year-old speedster who dazzled at times this preseason after two injury-marred seasons — could rejoin the team sooner rather than later.

“I can’t tell you exactly what we’re going to do, but the odds are likely we’ll have three running backs,” Veach said. “There’s a very good chance there will be three running backs on our roster.”

Now lets end this stupid debate tia

If he's on the roster for the first game than his entire salary is guaranteed. They want to pick him up after the first game so that none of it is guaranteed.

He's hardly durable, so I understand the move.

This is correct and explains why this is a smart move. There's a ton of good vet rbs on the street week 1 because of this so no real downside here for kc. Smart move by Veach.

I'd like to see a power back brought in. Either Alex Collins who Seattle cut. Or matt jones who Washington cut.

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see west cut and Byron Marshall who Philly cut brought in. West looks small slow and weak out there. Marshall brings more juice and runs good routes and can catch. He would fit our west coast offense much better. West has terrible hands.

I'd also like to see Zombo cut and Shalique Calhoun brought in. He is a much better pass rusher.

1. DB Akeem King is going to the Chiefs practice squad, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. This is not one of the Chiefs cuts so this is interesting. He’s a former safety who the Falcons tried to convert to corner but ended up cutting. More on him at The Falcoholic.

WR Gehrig Dieter is going to the Chiefs practice squad. He’s a former Alabama WR who developed a nice rapport with Patrick Mahomes.

WR Marcus Kemp landed on the Chiefs practice squad, according to Terez Paylor.

RB Devine Redding to the practice squad, per Terez. This was one we all predicted with the Chiefs running back situation.

Chiefs S Leon McQuay to the practice squad, per Terez. Called that one up above.

Damien Mama to the practice squad, per Terez. He was one of the first players Andy Reid mentioned way back at the Chiefs rookie minicamp in May.

Archived