• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyes will be on Justin Houston and how his showtime is. I expect Brady to rid the ball in less than 3 seconds every down but there should be instances where the secondary holds good coverage allowing Houston to get some good pressure.

I expect at least 3 sacks by the Chiefs to say they got good pressure on Brady and that may be the difference between who wins and loses. Need Dee Ford to step up too while on the biggest stage.

The offense I'm not expecting much, the usual short pass game and rely on defense to pull this through is most likely the type of attitude we'll get from Smith and company. Unless Smith of course comes out balling which he rarely does in openers.

Last year's second half vs the Chargers opener is the Smith that needs to be there through all 4 quarters for it to be a good game

Play the field position game...play not to lose....try to keep it close and hope to steal a victory at the end....SCREW THAT!!

I want the Chiefs to go into the game with the attitude, "We're gonna stomp your asses and blow you out of the stadium."

Now I know that won't happen but it would be nice to think the Chiefs are confident enough and competent enough to get a win.

It's really hard to get sacks on that dink and dunk offense, but Edelman has been his guy. He may be outside his comfort zone and hold the ball a little longer.

I don't care if we win, I just like getting the hardest game of the year over and then settling in for some other really tough games.

With the injuries they've had to the offensive side if the house not so bold. Prepping all preseason is onething, a week is a different story.

I don't know of any Offensive injuries outside of Edelman?

They will plug Chris Hogan in and keep on rolling. Same thing they did with Edelman when Wes Welker left.

The Chiefs have good weapons and an idea how to use them. Kareem Hunt will need a mega performance if the Chiefs want to win, because they will play a lot of nickel/dime to take away Kelce and Hill.

I don't know of any Offensive injuries outside of Edelman?

They will plug Chris Hogan in and keep on rolling. Same thing they did with Edelman when Wes Welker left.

The Chiefs have good weapons and an idea how to use them. Kareem Hunt will need a mega performance if the Chiefs want to win, because they will play a lot of nickel/dime to take away Kelce and Hill.

Couldn't agree more.

Double team Gronkowski the whole game and make the otber scrub WR's the patriots have put up points against our D.

Sutton is too stubborn to double Gronk that's the problem. It's gonna be another man to man with small quick white boys cuttin our DB'z up with Brady throwing it to them on his A game since it's the opener... need pressure and need to scheme a way to take out their best player.

Edelmen is out and yea they won the SB without Gronk but they are gonna just throw it to him and Lewis out of the backfield. They're going to tell Brady to go out and throw the ball all over the place and beat out Alex Smith

A little A-gap and B-gap pressure from the Chiefs' defense could do a lot to keep Tom Brady from grinding down the Chiefs' secondary with one short completion after another.

Actually, if I had to pick between which pre-season injuries weakened which team the most, the Patriots are far more hurt by losing Edelman than the Chiefs are hurt by losing Ware. If the Chiefs can avoid giving up ten receptions to Gronkowski, not give up more than one deep reception to Brandin Cooks, and not let the Patriots' runningback-by-committee run roughshod between the tackles, the Chiefs can absolutely win this game.

Disagree completely.

The Patriots won't be even phased with what they've lost while KC will suffer without Ware. 

Weak blitzing gaps will get picked up quickly and will be exploited with quick passing.  Tom Brady is going to eat that shit up all day long.

You have to frustrate him with excellent coverage leading to coverage sacks and exotic blitzing, which was why Rex Ryan had the success he did (when he had talent to work with).  

Double team Gronkowski the whole game and make the otber scrub WR's the patriots have put up points against our D.

Sutton is too stubborn to double Gronk that's the problem. It's gonna be another man to man with small quick white boys cuttin our DB'z up with Brady throwing it to them on his A game since it's the opener... need pressure and need to scheme a way to take out their best player.

Edelmen is out and yea they won the SB without Gronk but they are gonna just throw it to him and Lewis out of the backfield. They're going to tell Brady to go out and throw the ball all over the place and beat out Alex Smith

Brandon Cooks is a stud. Hardly scrub Wr's

Disagree completely.

The Patriots won't be even phased with what they've lost while KC will suffer without Ware. 

Weak blitzing gaps will get picked up quickly and will be exploited with quick passing.  Tom Brady is going to eat that shit up all day long.

You have to frustrate him with excellent coverage leading to coverage sacks and exotic blitzing, which was why Rex Ryan had the success he did (when he had talent to work with).  

Good news is it's the 1st game of the season. Everyone will be a bit rusty. Is #12 ever rusty? When will the Madden curse take into affect? The guy is 40 year's old. We will all soon know by Thursday. The game will be closer than many think. The Seattle preseason game was a lesson for the Chiefs. We need Benny Logan and Bailey to have a big games up the middle. Ford and Houston need to make their presence felt on the edge. Berry? Not sure how he'll look, but should be ready. This game will come down to who wins on Special Team's. Both units are one of the best in the league. Chiefs MUST have a large return in this game somehow some form to stay in it. Cannot have penalties. We've had too many penalties in preseason and cannot afford to lose any type of field position. It will definitely come down to fundamentals and who's more fluid with with their executions. 

Kelce, needs to have a monster game. The Patriots will try to take him out with double teams which will free up plays for guys like Harris and Boss Travis? Wilson and Conley need to show up and beat their man coverage. I expect Kareem to have a big day.

I see zero scenarios where KC wins. Unproven running back. No pass rush this preseason favors a QB who rarely gets sacked. Pats don't lose at home. Chiefs slow starters.

3412 Pats

Chiefs save their worst most embarrassing losses for nighttime national TV audience. I hate publicity and prefer under the radar. We have two running backs and the starter never played in an NFL game. And it's in Foxboro. We are toast.

But I will watch to the bitter end

Archived