Chiefs save their worst most embarrassing losses for nighttime national TV audience. I hate publicity and prefer under the radar. We have two running backs and the starter never played in an NFL game. And it's in Foxboro. We are toast.

But I will watch to the bitter end

Not always true.  Wasn't it prime time when the Chiefs just demolished the Pats a couple of years ago?  Also the game against the Donks late last season was a classic and a win.  In general, you may be right, but there are a few games that made Chiefs' fans proud like the Montana/Elway game in Denver in about 1994.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson to IR. 

I just saw that. I don't know what's worse for the Chiefs: Nelson having to cover Edelman, or the Chiefs' next-man-up having to cover the Patriots' next-man-up.

It seems to be a tradition here: You aren't the Chiefs' defense unless you have an achilles heel to exploit.

I just saw that. I don't know what's worse for the Chiefs: Nelson having to cover Edelman, or the Chiefs' next-man-up having to cover the Patriots' next-man-up.

It seems to be a tradition here: You aren't the Chiefs' defense unless you have an achilles heel to exploit.

Yeah, you're wrong here.

Sutton won't do player on player matchups.  Belichick will certainly shuffle guys around to get the best match up and the "next guy up" will be Gaines and I bet he will be trying to "cover" Brandin Cooks. 

Yeah, you're wrong here.

Sutton won't do player on player matchups.  Belichick will certainly shuffle guys around to get the best match up and the "next guy up" will be Gaines and I bet he will be trying to "cover" Brandin Cooks. 

Of course coaches can to a degree dictate coverage and matchup with lineup and scheme, but the bottom line is that the Patriots lost their best rhythm and space receiver when Edelman went down, and the Chiefs lost their best cover guy for the role that Edelman used to fill.

Of course coaches can to a degree dictate coverage and matchup with lineup and scheme, but the bottom line is that the Patriots lost their best rhythm and space receiver when Edelman went down, and the Chiefs lost their best cover guy for the role that Edelman used to fill.

Berry in the slot

Hogan will replace Edelman just fine. Their depth took a hit, sure, but they won't feel that yet.

Nah, Mitchell is the best guy. But I don't know what's going on with him.

Hogan is not Edelmann though. It will be a small hit, but not enough to hurt them tremendously. Look how they faired without Gronk last year.

Sure, but they also said that Edelman would be a big downgrade from Welker. He wasn't. The diff is being overstated.

They got a huge boost from Cooks and a more potent rushing attack. Don't expect the Patriots offense to stutter.

Sure, but they also said that Edelman would be a big downgrade from Welker. He wasn't. The diff is being overstated.

They got a huge boost from Cooks and a more potent rushing attack. Don't expect the Patriots offense to stutter.

We need the old Houston. And chris Jones to be JJ watt to win this weeek.

Opening Night...Chiefs are generally slow starters

New RB

2nd Corner out

Tom Brady

National TV

Bill Bellichek

Dee Ford and the Pats running game

Chief Receivers are suspect

New D-Line....

Everything Lines up against the Chiefs...

BUT

Wilkie is picking KC to get hammered....

this has me pausing for now.

w

New RB

2nd Corner out

Tom Brady

National TV

Bill Bellichek

New D-Line....

BUT

w

Kelce and Tyreek Hill gadget plays. We're gonna move the ball pretty well. Game will come down to how well our O-Line blocks and how lethal our D-Line can be.

New RB

2nd Corner out

Tom Brady

National TV

Bill Bellichek

New D-Line....

BUT

w

I don't think our WR are suspect if Andy wasn't so loyal. Play Robinson and chesson as much as possible.

I don't see the chiefs pulling this one out.  Like Marc "Stink" Schelreth said.  There are stadiums and games you go into that you just feel you aren't going to win, based on the atmosphere etc.  This will be one of those games.

Also, In my superstitious way of thinking.  It is VERY rare that the pats loss to a team 2 times in a season.   Sooo  if the chiefs lose this one.  They are in better shape to win against them in the playoffs.   :D

My eyes will be on Alex Smith. We aren't going to stop the Patriots from scoring at their home turf. I'd like to remain optimistic in our defense but our 2nd and 3rd corner slot is not solidified. Patriots have speed on the receivers and with a QB as good and confident as Brady, I don't expect a defensive win.

Let's see how Smith acts if it turns into a shoot out. This is not his game by any stretch, but the road to the Superbowl is 9 out of 10 going through New England.

If Smith can't compete, then we'll need a new QB while we still have a Kelce and Hill in their prime

Kelce and Hill will still be here next season when everyone agrees that Smith will give way to Mahomes.

This is the toughest game on the Chiefs' schedule and a win would be huge.  A loss isn't a reason to panic.  The Pats are something like 50-1 against the AFC when playing at home in the last seven or eight years.  They just don't lose home games under Brady.  If this game was in Arrowhead, the Chiefs would be a few points underdogs.  In NE, they are huge dogs.  The Chiefs need a couple of sacks, a couple of turnovers, and a kick returned for a TD to win.  That's asking a lot.

NE - 28

KC - 20

(I could be wrong)

I think it's fair to say the Patriots will likely win this game. I think the Chiefs have a shot...but everything needs to fall into place almost perfectly for them to pull the upset.

Unfortunately, there are things working against them. The Chiefs offense traditionally starts slow. KC must get at least a 10 point lead early which will force some things.

The defense has to get to Brady which means coverage has to be tight. I just feel they are going to start Gaines and he is the poster child for "throw it to my guy". Brady will pick on him all night. Would feel a whole lot better if Mitchell were starting. Houston has to revert back to his old self. Not sure he has that in him. Chiefs have to play mistake free football...no turnovers and a minimal amount of penalties. Pats are going to double team Tyreek all night. So Kelce and Conley have to step up. Not confident our run game will produce much but Hunt is going to have to gain some meaningful yards early on the ground to open up the passing game.

Andy is a good coach who knows how to win. Belichik is Reid with all the rings. I'm hoping for a close game. Pats 24 Chiefs 17.

Kelce and Hill will still be here next season when everyone agrees that Smith will give way to Mahomes.

This is the toughest game on the Chiefs' schedule and a win would be huge.  A loss isn't a reason to panic.  The Pats are something like 50-1 against the AFC when playing at home in the last seven or eight years.  They just don't lose home games under Brady.  If this game was in Arrowhead, the Chiefs would be a few points underdogs.  In NE, they are huge dogs.  The Chiefs need a couple of sacks, a couple of turnovers, and a kick returned for a TD to win.  That's asking a lot.

NE - 28

KC - 20

(I could be wrong)

They said that NE has lost 1 game at home to an AFC opponent in the last 10 years.  That was to the bills due to the fact NE had everything wrapped up and they pulled Brady at the half.

STOOOOOPID numbers.  I Don't think that trend will end with KC either.

I'm still trying to figure out why they are even playing the game.

I mean the Chiefs should be at home prepping for Philly.

:lol:

reminds me of a time a guy wanted to fight me in a bar.. I told the guy to go outside  practice falling down and smash his head against the curb & I'd be right with him.. I see the Pats telling the Chiefs to go out and practice losing and they'll be on the field shortly.

Do the Chiefs have a chance?..yea

Do the Chiefs have much of a chance..nope..but your right 63 the game is played for a reason. My biggest hope is that  some Chief that we never really expected comes out and has a HOF type of Game.. I dont care who. My realistic hope is that they make a game of it.

Archived