Not sure what watching preseason games has to do with your prediction.

Because watching them gives me somewhat of an idea how good they may be. Not much, because we all know pre season doesn't show us everything, so I understand your point. I just haven't been following the Chiefs this off season that much unless something pops up in my notifications on my phone that gets my attention. As a former ( and probably still a little) homer I got hyped during pre season and always ntried to see things in a positive way.

Nowadays I'm much more of a realist about the Chiefs and life in general.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went back and watched the playoff game from 2015. It wasn't like Brady was airing it out all over the place. He absolutely destroyed us with those quick slant passes... Which always seemed to gain 10 to 15 yards. Unless the Chiefs figure that pass pattern out he will absolutely do it again. They need to be more physical on the line of scrimmage. Also, thank God Donald Stephenson isn't playing tackle in this game... He was horrible.

Don't really have a precise prediction, but since the Chiefs have an average QB, a rookie RB, a 2nd yr. WR, at least one sub on the OL, one reliable CB, big health questions at LB, one reliable safety, who does not cover well, no proven pass rush from the DL, it would be safe to say they have a very small chance of winning against the defending Superbowl Champions at their stadium.  No positive vibe, but we will watch, for awhile anyway.

I went back and watched the playoff game from 2015. It wasn't like Brady was airing it out all over the place. He absolutely destroyed us with those quick slant passes... Which always seemed to gain 10 to 15 yards. Unless the Chiefs figure that pass pattern out he will absolutely do it again. They need to be more physical on the line of scrimmage. Also, thank God Donald Stephenson isn't playing tackle in this game... He was horrible.

Yes, that was a tough one. They had every starter and we were the walking dead. Surprised they didn't beat us by more than one score.

They are so tough at home.

Yes, that was a tough one. They had every starter and we were the walking dead. Surprised they didn't beat us by more than one score.

They are so tough at home.

`It was painful to go back and watch. On the first Pats drive they had 3rd and long twice and converted easily. Brady threw in some tight windows but the balls were perfectly placed and rarely dropped the whole game. The sad thing is the Chiefs offense was in Pats territory every drive the first half and all we could muster is 2 field goals. I like Alex Smith okay... But can't wait for the Patrick Mahomes era to begin.

`It was painful to go back and watch. On the first Pats drive they had 3rd and long twice and converted easily. Brady threw in some tight windows but the balls were perfectly placed and rarely dropped the whole game. The sad thing is the Chiefs offense was in Pats territory every drive the first half and all we could muster is 2 field goals. I like Alex Smith okay... But can't wait for the Patrick Mahomes era to begin.

Frankie Hammond returned a punt to the NE 35 when it was 7-3. Swing pass to Kelce for -2. Incomplete pass on 2nd, then a TE screen for no gain. We go 3 and out. Long story short we need to convert good field position into TDs.

Yes, it will be a lot of fun with Mahomes.

Frankie Hammond returned a punt to the NE 35 when it was 7-3. Swing pass to Kelce for -2. Incomplete pass on 2nd, then a TE screen for no gain. We go 3 and out. Long story short we need to convert good field position into TDs.

Yeah...that was a huge turning point I think in the game. If KC goes down and scores and can take a lead it kinda changes things from that point on. Alex never looked confident in that game. He made a play here or there. But the best pass all night was due to an amazing leaping grab by Avant. He missed some throws.

Don't really have a precise prediction, but since the Chiefs have an average QB, a rookie RB, a 2nd yr. WR, at least one sub on the OL, one reliable CB, big health questions at LB, one reliable safety, who does not cover well, no proven pass rush from the DL, it would be safe to say they have a very small chance of winning against the defending Superbowl Champions at their stadium.  No positive vibe, but we will watch, for awhile anyway.

Probably won't win post of the year on this one.   :lol:  :lol:

Smith has what it takes. I don't think we've seen this game from him since that Colts playoff game at the start of his Chiefs career.

His only problem is consistency. Why doesn't he play like this every game? Sometimes he'll go out and throw a stinker against Philly at home and other times he looks completely in control and strong.

He's a brainiac and it's tough when sometimes your mind isn't in the game. His mind was completely locked in where he looked like a true boss in front of the nation. Moving forward he just needs to grow on this and take more chances with Tyreek streaking down the field.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I just heard Pat Kirwin on Sirius NFL Radio say that Tyreek called his own shot on that 75-yard pass.  Evidently he was on the sideline lobbying to put that double move on Stephon Gilmore, and was convinced he would bite on it.

Evidently, Kirwin knows someone on KC's staff that confirmed it.

How many games did the Chiefs win the year Berry was out being treated for Hodgkin's Disease?

Was that the year the Chiefs missed the playoffs, 2014?  9-7?  The Chiefs are better now.  Better O-line and better receivers.  Probably better backups as well.  Fisher was still new, Bowe was the #1 WR with no TDs, Fasano was the second TE, and Harris and McGynn anchored the right side of the line. Missing Berry will really hurt, but there's time to adjust and players to fill in.  The drop off will be obvious, but doesn't have to be fatal this time.

Archived