• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta laugh at some of those convoluted "firsts".  First QB to throw for four touchdowns and 350 yards after having oatmeal for breakfast, driving a BMW to the stadium, and having a pet beagle.  The media always finds a way to point out some new record.

Gotta laugh at some of those convoluted "firsts".  First QB to throw for four touchdowns and 350 yards after having oatmeal for breakfast, driving a BMW to the stadium, and having a pet beagle.  The media always finds a way to point out some new record.

he has a Beagle??.. that seals it ..Long Live Alex Smith!! trade Mahomes

Alex just came out with an interview saying he wants to play 5 more years. Honestly this is surprising I thought he would be on the side of conserving his health

This opens the door and changes the game. What happens if he wins the superbowl? He very well can if he plays like he did against the Patriots every game and the OL holds up

Alex just came out with an interview saying he wants to play 5 more years. Honestly this is surprising I thought he would be on the side of conserving his health

This opens the door and changes the game. What happens if he wins the superbowl? He very well can if he plays like he did against the Patriots every game and the OL holds up

thilly you..lets cross that bridge after its built 

He'll do the same thing Farve did in GB and Mahomes will be the next Rogers.

If we win a Super Bowl with him playing well this year, I think he'll be here next year. I don't care what other people say. I don't think it is the same as when a team has to make a decision about signing a Super Bowl winning quarterback. He has one year left.

But if he plays well and we don't win, I think it would be a trade. I don't think it would be a sign and trade, but that would depend on how well he played? I think he would be too old for that. Teams would just wait. If they traded for him, it would not be a sign and trade.

Everyone knows what happens if he doesn't play well. I don't really need to talk about what would happen if he won two in a row. Let's win one first.

If we win a Super Bowl with him playing well this year, I think he'll be here next year. I don't care what other people say. I don't think it is the same as when a team has to make a decision about signing a Super Bowl winning quarterback. He has one year left.

But if he plays well and we don't win, I think it would be a trade. I don't think it would be a sign and trade, but that would depend on how well he played? I think he would be too old for that. Teams would just wait. If they traded for him, he would not be a sign and trade.

Everyone knows what happens if he doesn't play well. I don't really need to talk about what would happen if you won two in a row. Let's win one first.

I would trade him even if they win it all.

Mahommes needs to play & we need the cap space.

If we win the Super Bowl, I have no problem with Smith coming back next year because well, my team would be a Super Bowl Champion. I do think Mahomes could step right in, though I just think Smith will have earned it. But as a Super Bowl champ, Smith's value would be at his peak. I'll be fine either way.

If they win the Super Bowl this year you thank Alex for everything and move him while his value is high.

Let him get established somewhere else that will keep him around beyond one more year tops.

This team is Mahomes next year and he has the ceiling of a QB the NFL has never seen before. Keeping that tied down forever would be a crime.

They can go on a final hurrah or set up to be annual AFC contenders for the next 15 years.

If they win the Super Bowl this year you thank Alex for everything and move him while his value is high.

Let him get established somewhere else that will keep him around beyond one more year tops.

This team is Mahomes next year and he has the ceiling of a QB the NFL has never seen before. Keeping that tied down forever would be a crime.

They can go on a final hurrah or set up to be annual AFC contenders for the next 15 years.

That's funny, that's what SF thought and seeing they have had a better run with QBs and SBs than KC one would think they know best.

Ha

We can all agree after witnessing how much Smith has left in the tank that the Chiefs are serious contenders this year.

Moving forward there are no more excuses. Alex is this year's starter for the season unless injured. His time is up in KC so it's either superbowl or nice try in Alex's KC era.

This season got 10x better after Thursday, IMO

Why wouldn't selling out Smith after a Super Bowl win to play Mahomes instead and yet never win a Super Bowl not be a crime in itself?

There's a double-standard here.

Why wouldn't selling out Smith after a Super Bowl win to play Mahomes instead and yet never win a Super Bowl not be a crime in itself?

There's a double-standard here.

No it's not. They've already stacked all the chips on his replacement. Letting him continue somewhere else vs riding the bench would be ridiculous.

The smart teams let go before it's too late. Watch as Belichick cuts Brady and hands the keys to Jimmy in the Spring.

That's funny, that's what SF thought and seeing they have had a better run with QBs and SBs than KC one would think they know best.

Ha

SF was collapsing regardless of the QB.

They are still reeling from letting Harbaugh go and they blew a massive cache of draft picks.

The real architect built up the Redskins and now they're about to learn that lesson because the President of the team had a gigantic ego.

I know what we should do... I just don't think we would... but I also don't think we'd extend. I'm just saying - play well and win a SB, they'll play out the contract, even if we should trade at peak.

Archived