Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome was more than miffed about Travis Kelce's collegiate antics

Spoke to him for 30 minutes the night before Thanksgiving last year at the Ravens Complex- I delivered CO2 on an emergency basis to get through the holiday.

I was waiting for a hamburger the Manager ordered for me and Ozzie asked if he could sit down. Truth be told, he said the word "Shoot" and then was immediately embarrassed.

As far as Ray, this has been rehashed over and over- the DA dropped the charges because of lack of evidence. The 3 acquaintances who were also charged were acquitted also.

I never cared for him- one of the best to play the game and probably the best MLB ever but all the hot air coming from him is a bit much. But I have defended him based on the case, the law and the evidence. And to turn your phrase, maybe because he DIDN'T play for your team, you WANT to believe the worst.

OJ was and always will be guilty. Too much evidence to not convict- that was purely race based.

Yes innocent people always pay out millions to settle civil suits. I suppose those 2 dudes probably stabbed themselves in the heart and then planted their own blood in ray ray's limo.

lol reading this i question if you know anything about the case. the DA didnt drop the charges, ray ray turned state's evidence and was convicted of obstruction of justice. In fact he was the only one convicted, not only because of lack of evidence, although evidence is missing. Where's the white suit he was wearing after all?

The facts are his 2 buddies murdered 2 other dudes. They brought knives to a fight and used them. This was not in dispute, even in the trial. Under georgia law a party to the murder can also be charged with murder, which is what they did.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes innocent people always pay out millions to settle civil suits. I suppose those 2 dudes probably stabbed themselves in the heart and then planted their own blood in ray ray's limo.

lol reading this i question if you know anything about the case. the DA didnt drop the charges, ray ray turned state's evidence and was convicted of obstruction of justice. In fact he was the only one convicted, not only because of lack of evidence, although evidence is missing. Where's the white suit he was wearing after all?

The facts are his 2 buddies murdered 2 other dudes. They brought knives to a fight and used them. This was not in dispute, even in the trial. Under georgia law a party to the murder can also be charged with murder, which is what they did.

Ray Lewis' nightmarish off-season took a life-altering, career-saving turn Monday when prosecutors in Atlanta dropped murder and assault charges against the Baltimore Raven linebacker in exchange for his testimony against two co-defendants.- LA Times

You have your opinion, awesome.

Your buddies do some stupid shit, youre famous, someone dies, you tell people to "Keep their mouth shut" and you cover up your involvement to save your career: then you serve time in jail, plead to obstruction (Because the other charges were dropped) in exchange for testimony against your buddies.

You live a good life for 17 years after that without incident....not too shabby.

Not sure what you meant.

I was letting you know that you actually talking with Ozzie made you a better judge of his character then me. However, Ray was a thug and deserved to go to jail. Since he testified against his buddies he stayed out. Sure he has flown under the radar since then but who really knows how involved he was with the murder.

Ray Lewis' nightmarish off-season took a life-altering, career-saving turn Monday when prosecutors in Atlanta dropped murder and assault charges against the Baltimore Raven linebacker in exchange for his testimony against two co-defendants.- LA Times

You have your opinion, awesome.

Your buddies do some stupid shit, youre famous, someone dies, you tell people to "Keep their mouth shut" and you cover up your involvement to save your career: then you serve time in jail, plead to obstruction (Because the other charges were dropped) in exchange for testimony against your buddies.

You live a good life for 17 years after that without incident....not too shabby.

The 2 victims didnt get in trouble after that either. Nobody is giving them an award for it. Oh that's right... they're dead.

I was letting you know that you actually talking with Ozzie made you a better judge of his character then me. However, Ray was a thug and deserved to go to jail. Since he testified against his buddies he stayed out. Sure he has flown under the radar since then but who really knows how involved he was with the murder.

No one knows but him- other witnesses say he tried to break it up.

I wouldn't have him babysit my kids but I'm not so sure oif the thug label. Your have your right to your opinion tho.

And Kelce proves again that while he is a top notch TE, he is a pea brained adolescent also

Andy has tried, but clearly it's not working.   It's gonna take his peers to get him to stop the BS.  I love passionate players, and we have plenty, but I also love smart players.  Kelce just acts like an idiot on the field too often, and it costs us.   His brother told the Eagles to get under his skin and he'd do something stupid.  He did, and others will do it also.  He needs to cut it out.  

Kelce will be fine for a while. He has a lof talent which helps ignore the non-pro aspects of his game. His NFL career will probably be shorter though as not many will put up with his mistakes once he starts regressing. He has a long way to get there so could always turn things around and hopefully he will.

What I heard, and from a very reliable source, is that he was doing the eagle thing at his brother on the sideline. Probably never would have done it had his brother not have been there. Most if not all of his antics have always been in the field of play so it makes since, not right but makes since.

Who in here that has a sibling didn't sometime in their life take a shot at their sibling? I have and still do.

From 610 Sports today there was a story about how Andy Reid went to Cincy and became very intrigued by Kelce. Turns out this was an Andy Reid pick all the way and he called Kelce on draft day and the first thing he asked him was "are you going to mess this up, because I'm putting a lot of faith in you." Clearly Andy has been aware of Kelce's antics for a LONG time. Also thought it was funny that Kelce added that when the phone rang on draft day he was a Missouri number and thought quote "oh no, the Rams are about to draft me."

From 610 Sports today there was a story about how Andy Reid went to Cincy and became very intrigued by Kelce. Turns out this was an Andy Reid pick all the way and he called Kelce on draft day and the first thing he asked him was "are you going to mess this up, because I'm putting a lot of faith in you." Clearly Andy has been aware of Kelce's antics for a LONG time. Also thought it was funny that Kelce added that when the phone rang on draft day he was a Missouri number and thought quote "oh no, the Rams are about to draft me."

:lol:

Other teams will try to get under Kelce's skin by baiting him going forward, hoping to get an easy Unsportsmanlike call. The NE player clearly grabbed his head and shoved it to the ground, which would rile just about everyone. You would think the NFL would have addressed the other player's behavior too.

On the other hand, I think Kelce has a lot of "look at me" moments that not only irritates fans but other players. Wonder if the Chiefs can require he go to some anger management classes. Chiefs would probably take away playing time if he wasn't so stinking valuable to the offense.

Other teams will try to get under Kelce's skin by baiting him going forward, hoping to get an easy Unsportsmanlike call. The NE player clearly grabbed his head and shoved it to the ground, which would rile just about everyone. You would think the NFL would have addressed the other player's behavior too.

On the other hand, I think Kelce has a lot of "look at me" moments that not only irritates fans but other players. Wonder if the Chiefs can require he go to some anger management classes. Chiefs would probably take away playing time if he wasn't so stinking valuable to the offense.

Good points Dan. He's gotten penalties from both anger and celebration.

Kelce is at times, without a doubt, a complete dumbass.  That said, he's a football player, and by that, I mean he's emotional, and I like that.  I'll agree he needs to contain it so we don't get hit with costly penalties, but I think he has a passion that this team needs.  NFL teams need a guy with that chip on his shoulder, it breeds a mentality of toughness.  I think it's important to have a guy that has a "take no shit" attitude.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I want football players, not choir boys.  That doesn't mean I want a team full of guys with a rap sheet, but I do want guys that can get nasty on the field.  I know free agency in the early 90s basically ended true rivalries of hatred since guys float across multiple teams now, but nothing gets under my skin more than to see a player smiling and conversing with an opponent during a time out or between plays when we're losing, and that's not just in football.  You can be friends, friendly, whatever, but in my mind a competitor isn't smiling and laughing when they are losing.  

Archived