He was very good late in the season last year.  We just didn't see or hear about him in the preseason this summer.  Either he was hurt or just wasn't up to speed when camp began.  It seemed that Mitchell shook off the rust in the first half and really came on strong, especially in the fourth quarter.

He was very good late in the season last year. We just didn't see or hear about him in the preseason this summer. Either he was hurt or just wasn't up to speed when camp began. It seemed that Mitchell shook off the rust in the first half and really came on strong, especially in the fourth quarter.

Hamstring.

Lets see at least two interference calls and several other pass plays given up last week. I am not sold on this guy.

Too bad. You should do some research. One of the best corners in the NFL last year in the final 8 games. His numbers were on par with the best.

Mitchell did not get a lot of reps during the preseason because of his hamstring...sooooo...it took an entire half to get comfortable in his technique and timing.  We he did????....you saw the results in the 2nd half.

Doesn't matter that he was a waiver pick up either...many reasons why dudes don't get their rhythm out of the gate...what matters is that they do eventually....Mitchell has and is a legit #2 CB.

Mitchell did not get a lot of reps during the preseason because of his hamstring...sooooo...it took an entire half to get comfortable in his technique and timing.  We he did????....you saw the results in the 2nd half.

Doesn't matter that he was a waiver pick up either...many reasons why dudes don't get their rhythm out of the gate...what matters is that they do eventually....Mitchell has and is a legit #2 CB.

Bingo

Lets see at least two interference calls and several other pass plays given up last week. I am not sold on this guy.

Breathing on WRs gets you a PI call. If I'm not mistaken there were several PI calls on #1 CBs in several games this weekend, shit happens. It's what you do in crunch time that matters. It's like giving up 400 all purpose yards but only allowing a FG or two.

Mitchell did not get a lot of reps during the preseason because of his hamstring...sooooo...it took an entire half to get comfortable in his technique and timing. We he did????....you saw the results in the 2nd half.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

"According to Pro Football Focus, Mitchell has been targeted a team-high 19 times this season and yielded just nine competions.

...though his 166 yards allowed is the third-most among all NFL corners, quarterbacks have a rating of 78.0 when throwing at him (Michell), compared to 101.6 for Peters (6 for 8 for 71 yards) and 117.6 for Gaines (6 for 11 for 105 yards and a touchdown)."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article174676896.html

"According to Pro Football Focus, Mitchell has been targeted a team-high 19 times this season and yielded just nine competions.

...though his 166 yards allowed is the third-most among all NFL corners, quarterbacks have a rating of 78.0 when throwing at him (Michell), compared to 101.6 for Peters (6 for 8 for 71 yards) and 117.6 for Gaines (6 for 11 for 105 yards and a touchdown)."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article174676896.html

Thanks Xen. Nice stat. I am very happy with Mitchell. I thought Gaines stats would be worse.

Mitchell is a solid corner that I'm not worried about. It's the slot where we could get torched until Nelson comes back. No doubt Veach is keeping his eyes on a corner to add because it might come to that especially if Nelson doesn't come back as quickly as expected.

Archived