Bennie Logan

Bruised knee. Is it something bigger than that? Being held out of practice isn't all that meaningful unless he's still out on Friday

Usually that is a sign that he won't play as far as I'm concerned. If it hits the ESPN ticker it was worthy of reporting.

Our luck...

but remember we have a lot fewer draft picks than in years past so we have to make the picks count

true but IF Smith gets released it'll free up much needed $$'s. If I remember  Houston's  release would be in the area where it saves $$ too..if he does not live up to his paycheck I think that could be a real possibility.

Sure, but they don't have a lot of needs either.

I think spending 8-10 avg a year on a 2 down player is a bit much, as much as I liked the addition of Logan.

I don't have a problem giving 8-10 avg a year to that 2 down player if he fills our biggest defensive hole last year. We probably beat Pitt last year if Logan is playing the middle.

Sure, but they don't have a lot of needs either.

I think spending 8-10 avg a year on a 2 down player is a bit much, as much as I liked the addition of Logan.

I am fine with Logan as a 3 down player. He is perfect for pushing the pocket and keeping a QB from stepping up.

Miller looks pretty shaky, but with Baile, Jones and Nacho, we should have a solid rotation.

Because they depended on a guy with a bum vack. A group of us said they should of let him walk last offseason.

You can get Bennie Logan production from a 3rd/4th round rookie in the upcoming draft.

They need to keep that cap space for Peters and Morse extensions.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. He is on a 1 year deal. Someone will overpay and give him a multi-year deal next year. Won't be us.

However, he was a perfect signing for this year.

Lmao yeah, you can.

Lowell Lotulelei is more or less Bennie Logan and can be had for a late Day 2/Early Day 3 choice.

You could go earlier and get a very interesting product in Vita Vea or take a late round flyer on Elam.

Not as many 3-4 squads and more sub packages have driven down demand on 0 players.

More pages to the article and video of what he did in the link.

Bennie Logan was instrumental in the Chiefs’ toppling of the reigning Super Bowl champions.

When Logan was brought in to Kansas City this season he had a big hole to fill in the heart of the fans as Dontari Poe was very loved and revered. The fact is Logan is a very different player from Poe.

With Poe, defenses get the hyper athlete, the player who can rush the passer, cover the field sideline to sideline, play multiple positions including fullback, receiver, and even quarterback.

I don’t think the Chiefs will be lining up Logan at any of those positions in the near future. Logan is a more traditional 3-4 nose guard.

Logan is a player who is going to eat up double teams and free up his teammates to make plays. He can hold the point of attack in the run game and blow up blockers and running backs if they come his way, and can pressure the quarterback when left in one-on-one situations. He’ll also rarely get blown off the line of scrimmage by blockers.

Not to say that Poe couldn’t and didn’t do all of that, but Logan is just a bit better suited for those things.

Let’s take a look at what the Chiefs’ new force in the middle of the defensive line was able to get done against the Patriots’ offensive line and quarterback Tom Brady.

Occupying the double team

The most important job of the nose guard in the Chiefs’ scheme is to free up one-on-one matchups for the other defenders. This largely done by occupying and demanding double teams along the offensive line.

Above, Logan (No. 96) lined up over the guard and both the guard and center went to block him. This freed up Chris Jones (No. 95) to do his thing and get some pressure into the face of Brady.

Jones got his hands up which forced the high and long throw from Brady which caused an incompletion. Good work from Logan and Jones here.

What Logan probably won’t be doing a lot of in Kansas City is shedding blocks when doubled. We saw Poe beat double teams fairly often, but that just isn’t the modus operandi for Logan.

Typically this is a play that you see Derrick Johnson (No. 56) make, but instead he took a misstep because the running back used a head fake like he was going to get skinny through the A gap. Terrance Mitchell (No. 39) also had a chance to throw Danny Amendola into the runner, but it looked like he was more focused on blocking Amendola than getting to the ball.

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/15/film-study-bennie-logan-a-force-in-the-middle/

Lmao yeah, you can.

Lowell Lotulelei is more or less Bennie Logan and can be had for a late Day 2/Early Day 3 choice.

You could go earlier and get a very interesting product in Vita Vea or take a late round flyer on Elam.

Not as many 3-4 squads and more sub packages have driven down demand on 0 players.

Thinking you can easily get a quality starting NT on the second day is not realistic. Getting one in the first round is a crap shoot. If you have one, hang onto him.

Archived