so what will be wrong when we demolish the eagles?

Yeah.  Most of us have the Chiefs making the playoffs, and some of us have them winning the division.  So far, the Chiefs haven't shown that they are an elite team and they took a step backward when Berry went down.  After watching the Chiefs for 54 years, we learn to be realistic.  They can beat any other team or they can lose to a team they should beat.  Never know until the game is played.

I think we are an elite team. Last year, we lost 2 of our 3 starting D linemen. The best OLB in the league, the best ILB in the league, our starting LG basically for the year. And we went 12-4. Not to mention a hobbled #1 WR.

We are significantly better this year (fingers crossed on injuries). Jeez O Peat, how can you not believe we are elite? If we lay an egg on Sunday, I will still say we are top 5 the the NFL.

Not trying to be an asshole, but how long have you been a Chiefs fan?

It is impossible for me elevate my level of excitement beyond "cautiously optimistic."

Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Agree. It was a great game. A game. One game. Hope we get another and another. I thoroughly enjoyed this week. When the Chiefs are good I like it. When they suck, I'll mention it.

I think we are an elite team. Last year, we lost 2 of our 3 starting D linemen. The best OLB in the league, the best ILB in the league, our starting LG basically for the year. And we went 12-4. Not to mention a hobbled #1 WR.

We are significantly better this year (fingers crossed on injuries). Jeez O Peat, how can you not believe we are elite? If we lay an egg on Sunday, I will still say we are top 5 the the NFL.

Elite teams absorb injuries and still win playoff games.  Sure, the Chiefs have been snake bitten in several recent playoff games, but until they win, or at least are in, the AFC championship game, they can't be called elite.  Elite to me means favored to win the division, favored to win a playoff game, and talked about as a SB contender, and that means talked about outside the team's own fan base.

If you are top 4 in your conference, you are elite IMO. Being favored or an underdog simply means peoe think you are good. We see teams favored to win there division and finish 3rd. That is not elite.

A team that sweeps one of the toughest divisions in football while losing a fist 4 very good starters on defense (two of which were the best in the league at their positions. That is pretty elite. People talk about the Raiders being elite. We swept them with their golden boy in the game.

I can't list top top 4 AFC teams without listing the Chiefs.

Elite teams absorb injuries and still win playoff games. Sure, the Chiefs have been snake bitten in several recent playoff games, but until they win, or at least are in, the AFC championship game, they can't be called elite. Elite to me means favored to win the division, favored to win a playoff game, and talked about as a SB contender, and that means talked about outside the team's own fan base.

So why are they calling Chokeland elite? Last year was their first time in the playoffs in like 10 years.

Elite teams absorb injuries and still win playoff games.  Sure, the Chiefs have been snake bitten in several recent playoff games, but until they win, or at least are in, the AFC championship game, they can't be called elite.  Elite to me means favored to win the division, favored to win a playoff game, and talked about as a SB contender, and that means talked about outside the team's own fan base.

Elite teams suffer from injuries to star players, too. 

I am a optimist.....

I said 11-5 this year.  If they beat Philly, it could go to 12-4.

Chiefs are an elite team as Diehard mentioned.

Like ATL and OT, I have been a fan since SB I....

Man o Man

w

Never Never Never say this. The trick is we al ways must play BELOW THE RADAR.

Never Never Never say this. The trick is we al ways must play BELOW THE RADAR.

Ha! Too funny. I was driving with some guys up on fire roads in the Rockies hunting and was bragging about us not having a flat. We had one 15 minutes later and the guys were pissed at me.

If you are top 4 in your conference, you are elite IMO. Being favored or an underdog simply means peoe think you are good. We see teams favored to win there division and finish 3rd. That is not elite.

A team that sweeps one of the toughest divisions in football while losing a fist 4 very good starters on defense (two of which were the best in the league at their positions. That is pretty elite. People talk about the Raiders being elite. We swept them with their golden boy in the game.

I can't list top top 4 AFC teams without listing the Chiefs.

I get your point, but disagree on how many teams are "elite".  By your standards, there are eight elite teams and that seems a little too broad.  25% elite?  Nope.  One or maybe two teams are expected to win no matter where they play or who the competition is.  Anything less is an upset.  NE and PIT were the only ones in that category when the season started at least in the AFC.   NE has to prove itself before returning to that level.  KC is close.  Let them beat OAK and DAL and I'd put them in elite status.  They may be top four, but not unbeatable at this time.  People on this board generally predict 10/6 ti 12/4 for the Chiefs.  That's not elite in my book.

NE and PIT were the only ones in that category when the season started at least in the AFC.

You mean the Pittsburgh team that needed a dropped pass to beat Cleveland in week one? Or the same Pittsburgh that didn't score a TD against the Chiefs last year, yes I know they won but I have yet to see this eliteness you speak of.

I get your point, but disagree on how many teams are "elite". By your standards, there are eight elite teams and that seems a little too broad. 25% elite? Nope. One or maybe two teams are expected to win no matter where they play or who the competition is. Anything less is an upset. NE and PIT were the only ones in that category when the season started at least in the AFC. NE has to prove itself before returning to that level. KC is close. Let them beat OAK and DAL and I'd put them in elite status. They may be top four, but not unbeatable at this time. People on this board generally predict 10/6 ti 12/4 for the Chiefs. That's not elite in my book.

Fair enough. We just define it differently. If unbeatable is the requirement then there are no elite teams in this game. With the great parity we have that may be a true statement.

Long suffering Chiefs fans take the wait and see approach. If you live and die by the Chiefs wins or losses you could lose whatever's left of your sanity.

or your family life, i learned to not give a crap if they win or lose, because the sun still comes up in the AM and i still go to work for a living just like after

the Royals won the WS in 2015....sports is a diversion...

Archived