Great finish. I do think Pederson had a lot to do with how we didn't win from the gates. Our first possession was good but when we went back to last year's offense, they knew what we were going to do and it wasn't just because we were predictable but rather because the offense was known by Pederson. Obviously, their d-line had a lot to do that as well. I think our oline is closer to the New England game then today's because Schwartz is aggressive and most teams are not.

1-0: http://chiefscoalition.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6747-1-0/&do=findComment&comment=103302

Great finish. I do think Pederson had a lot to do with how we didn't win from the gates. Our first possession was good but when we went back to last year's offense, they knew what we were going to do and it wasn't just because we were predictable but rather because the offense was known by Pederson. Obviously, their d-line had a lot to do that as well. I think our oline is closer to the New England game then today's because Schwartz is aggressive and most teams are not.

1-0: http://chiefscoalition.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/6747-1-0/&do=findComment&comment=103302

DC's will become aggressive after watching this game film now.. O-line has a lot of work to do, the NE game I think gave them false confidence  and you too it seems.

Philly has a good front seven. Aggressive and fast. Those guys can cover sideline to sideline too.. However, I think Reid used their aggressiveness against them in the 2nd half. Some of the play calls were specifically designed for a team that pressures and can get penetration. 2nd half adjustements have been key in both wins.

DC's will become aggressive after watching this game film now.. O-line has a lot of work to do, the NE game I think gave them false confidence and you too it seems.

Perhaps I should've just said it was going to be better because other teams aren't as aggressive. I think that their dline is better than average and so even if the other teams want to be aggressive because of the film on this game, we will do much better going forward because other teams don't have as good of dline.

We will make adjustments and so I guess if they have to adjust that really isn't too they are right now. I'm just hopeful for the future.

I can't wait to see the game, I'm glad the Chiefs won. I'm not really sure what kind of team they are right now, just a solid good team I guess. 

Take out the Chiefs' wins from their opponents' games, and both of their opponents are undefeated on the season.

The Chiefs are heading to Carson for their first AFC West game of the season. Their opponent is thus far winless, although both games were lost by a field goal. Meanwhile, there's a good chance that the AFC West will finish this week as the league's winningest division.

I think the Chiefs should win next week, but all indications are that the Chiefs will not be winning games in the first thirty minutes. I'm OK with that, as it means that they won't do a Falcons impression should they make the Super Bowl this year.

DC's will become aggressive after watching this game film now.. O-line has a lot of work to do, the NE game I think gave them false confidence  and you too it seems.

No alex smith needs to be more decisive and not skidish after taking a hit. After the Jordan hicks hit his eyes were down at the rush more than down the field. A couple times he took the sack with open WR because he had happy feet.

O-Line wasn't too awful. Yeah Witzmann looked rough, but Alex had enough time on more snaps than I had originally thought vs a talented D.

That's the 2nd best front 7 they will see all year.

Not nearly as many short options since that front is so fast and they knew what to cover and where to attack. They took away what Alex likes to do well.

With that said, Alex would of gone for 300 yards again with 2 TDs if Hill knew how to track a TD throw deep.

Houston looks like an allpro OLB, although Wentz juked him out of his repaired ACL.

This team will go far if they can ride the back of Kareem Hunt every week. He brings the element the Chiefs has lacked for years.

A couple of observations:

Chris Jones is the real deal

O-line struggled a bit against a good D-line. I think they'll be fine if Morse is ok..

Alex played well and came up clutch when needed. On the long ball to Hill, I think Hill could have done a better job tracking that one.

Houston is a beast especially in the 4th. It doesn't seem like Sutton uses him much for all out pressure until the 4th.

The ball awareness in our defensive backfield is bad. Mitchell came back to earth after his promising end to last season. Gaines is so inconsistent. Murray needs more PT to evaluate.

Kelce: I'm learning to take the good with the bad. The guy is a game changer.

Hunt is incredible. He is shifty but will not be tackled easily. Always going forward.

Andy's play calling has been great.

O-line struggled a bit against a good D-line. I think they'll be fine if Morse is ok..

Alex played well and came up clutch when needed. On the long ball to Hill, I think Hill could have done a better job tracking that one.

Houston is a beast especially in the 4th. It doesn't seem like Sutton uses him much for all out pressure until the 4th.

The ball awareness in our defensive backfield is bad. Mitchell came back to earth after his promising end to last season. Gaines is so inconsistent. Murray needs more PT to evaluate.

Hunt is incredible. He is shifty but will not be tackled easily. Always going forward.

His playing calling was iffy at best in the first half.

Mitchell played more than fine. Not sure what you Saw?

Gaines is atrocious.

Sorensen is up to the task for Berry.

Houston has always been a beast

O-Line wasn't too awful. Yeah Witzmann looked rough, but Alex had enough time on more snaps than I had originally thought vs a talented D.

That's the 2nd best front 7 they will see all year.

Not nearly as many short options since that front is so fast and they knew what to cover and where to attack. They took away what Alex likes to do well.

With that said, Alex would of gone for 300 yards again with 2 TDs if Hill knew how to track a TD throw deep.

Houston looks like an allpro OLB, although Wentz juked him out of his repaired ACL.

This team will go far if they can ride the back of Kareem Hunt every week. He brings the element the Chiefs has lacked for years.

Hill made a mistake. I wouldn't say he can't track a ball....

His playing calling was iffy at best in the first half.

Mitchell played more than fine. Not sure what you Saw?

Gaines is atrocious.

Sorensen is up to the task for Berry.

Houston has always been a beast

Agreed about Mitchell, there should have been several PI's against Jeffrey where he had a handful of Mitchell's jersey or shoulder pads.Never got called once

Really Gaines, there is no reason to throw in the towel on this guy. Sometimes he makes really good coverage plays where he sticks to his receiver like a fly on a sticky trap and other times he gets lost.

Need to see more. I think he can improve if he really studies his tapes. The guy can cover, he has proved this

The DL is set up fairly nice.  Logan is doing what Poe couldn't do with racking up multiple linemen.

From that point they have to pick their poison on doubling Bailey or Jones.  Both will make you pay.  Sutton needs to get more creative with amping the pressure, as his DL provides fantastic opportunities to get blanket pressure.

This game should not have been that close. We let Wentz get too many yards running from pressure.

Freaky play where the ball hit Mitchell's hand and Ertz turned it into a big play. Thankfully the kicker missed the FG. 

Gaines is not that good. Plays soft cover to keep from getting beat and allows too many catches in front of him.

I'm glad DJ is back but he has lost a step or two...especially covering guys crossing the middle.

Chiefs front 7 are nasty. Especially in the 2nd half.

Alex had a solid if not spectacular game.

Kareem Hunt is a gamer and has amazing presence for a rookie. Look at the 2nd TD. What a smart play.

2nd week in a row Kelce gets penalized for being stupid. Frustrating.

Agree with all of this.  Getting Ehinger back will really help if he comes back 100%.  One thing that scares me is when the Chiefs have to face a top level running game.  Lynch and C.J.Anderson will have a field day running to their left.  Chris Jones was awesome and it's a good thing the Chiefs didn't give up on running Hunt.  Even if J.C. stays healthy all season, Hunt will do more long term for the Chiefs than J.C. could have.  Glad to see Conley get a few thrown his way.  More targets is more for the defense to cover and they can't be everywhere.

Archived