AFC West and NFL Rankings

What a strong division.....I know rankings this early don't really mean squat BUT #1 Chiefs, #2 Raiders, #6 Donkeys according to NFL network.

I'd say Chargers are underrated as well.

I'm just hoping we don't beat each other up!

What a strong division.....I know rankings this early don't really mean squat BUT #1 Chiefs, #2 Raiders, #6 Donkeys according to NFL network.

I'd say Chargers are underrated as well.

I'm just hoping we don't beat each other up!

I don't mind beating each of them up or them three beating themselves. :P [Just don't beat us, obviously.]

Foolish raiders been so bad for so long. Chiefs finally taking the division by the horns and now they're trying to slip in their slimy black hands and claim the West. It's shit like this that makes them the most hated, annoying team. They're nothing but pests. Can't wait to stomp their helmets in and shut up all their hype

It sure gives teams like the Patriots a huge advantage when it comes to playoff seeding with 6 games against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins. 

which they've had for years now, heck when the jets were somewhat decent they gave the pats issue.  It's also what happened with Peyton when he was with the colts, the other three teams were poo poo but then once he ran into real competition in the playoffs he got beat....

I don't know if it helps or hurts to have a strong division, I think if you are elite like the Pats it helps to have crap because you know you'll step up your game in the playoffs regardless but for us maybe we need these tough games to continue to make ourselves believe we can win the big ones.

On that note, you see the stat that said we have now beaten the last 4 super bowl teams, on the road!

Denver is surprising so far to me.  They look pretty legit, and I didn't think they would be.  Simien looks massively improved, and their OC, McCoy is the best in the game at building around his QB's strengths, and minimizing his weaknesses.  

I know what you mean, but it's easy with them starting out with 2 home games and playing 4 of their first 5 at home to start the year.

They'll play 7/11 to close out the season on the road, hopefully that's where they tail off.

Denver is surprising so far to me. They look pretty legit, and I didn't think they would be. Simien looks massively improved, and their OC, McCoy is the best in the game at building around his QB's strengths, and minimizing his weaknesses.

McCoy is very good coach at helping his QBs, but better than Andy Reid? Let him prove it with about 5 more QBs first. Nobody is better than Andy at understanding wht he has at QB and how to use it.

Let's see, Denver barely beat SD at home and in ugly fashion. Then they beat a lackluster Dallas who beat the woeful Giants at home.

So are they really any good or are they just a product of playing not very good teams at home early in the season? SD 0-2 NYG 0-2

Please don't tell me SD is two missed kicks from being 2-0. The Denver game would have only tied the game and this was Cutler led Miami's first game after having to spend almost two weeks on the road and worrying about their homes and families. The Giants are just awful.

Denver's first real challenge is Chokeland at home so is it really a challenge? However, actually their first real test will be in weeks 8 and 9 when they have travel to KC and Philly.

Denver is nowhere near a top 10 team in the league.  As the season wears on, they will lose a lot of games, and be a .500 club,

The Chiefs are getting the top spot because of the win in NE.  You gotta beat the best and all that good stuff.  I don't think we will be the best team in the league, and I don't think there will be a clear cut best team in the league.  I do think that by season's end there will be 2 maybe 3 teams in the AFC that could coin flip on who is the best, and I do think we will be one of them.  

Looking forward, it's very important that this team gets homefield advantage if it's going to see a Super Bowl.  At very least, we need to finish with a better record than NE.  It's damn near impossible to win up there, and we pulled it off once, but doing it twice in the same season would require a near miracle, unless NE somehow magically fell apart.  We don't want to be playing a revenge game on their turf with the season on the line. 

Denver is nowhere near a top 10 team in the league.  As the season wears on, they will lose a lot of games, and be a .500 club,

The Chiefs are getting the top spot because of the win in NE.  You gotta beat the best and all that good stuff.  I don't think we will be the best team in the league, and I don't think there will be a clear cut best team in the league.  I do think that by season's end there will be 2 maybe 3 teams in the AFC that could coin flip on who is the best, and I do think we will be one of them.  

Looking forward, it's very important that this team gets homefield advantage if it's going to see a Super Bowl.  At very least, we need to finish with a better record than NE.  It's damn near impossible to win up there, and we pulled it off once, but doing it twice in the same season would require a near miracle, unless NE somehow magically fell apart.  We don't want to be playing a revenge game on their turf with the season on the line. 

We have to go 8-0 at home this year. Need to at least split road games vs the Boys & G-Men.

Denver is nowhere near a top 10 team in the league. As the season wears on, they will lose a lot of games, and be a .500 club,

The Chiefs are getting the top spot because of the win in NE. You gotta beat the best and all that good stuff. I don't think we will be the best team in the league, and I don't think there will be a clear cut best team in the league. I do think that by season's end there will be 2 maybe 3 teams in the AFC that could coin flip on who is the best, and I do think we will be one of them.

Looking forward, it's very important that this team gets homefield advantage if it's going to see a Super Bowl. At very least, we need to finish with a better record than NE. It's damn near impossible to win up there, and we pulled it off once, but doing it twice in the same season would require a near miracle, unless NE somehow magically fell apart. We don't want to be playing a revenge game on their turf with the season on the line.

I actually disagree here. We are a really capable road team as evidenced by winning on the road in the last year at both Super Bowl teams. That's almost unheard of. But I think we will continue to have issues with physical defenses even at home that disrupt our finesse timing type offense and keep our defense on the field too long. IE...I think we could get to Minneapolis even as a 9-7 road wild card team if we get the right matchups. And lose at home again in round one as the top seed if we don't. I just think we are a good, not great team.

Most of the NFL teams are built to compete against the division rivals and then the remaining opponents on their schedule. It's almost impossible to be great in all aspects therefore every team has some sort of weakness. Playing the Pats in the season opener was huge as Chiefs didn't go through many changes over the summer and had quite a bit of time to prepare. Won't be as smooth going forward but I think Chiefs are one of the top contenders at this point but considering the way we are playing no loss would surprise me.

Broncos have a very good defense that just wasn't up to the task last year and looks like they fixed some holes. Still the QB performance will be huge for them and even though the accuracy is nice clutch performances will determine their QB success and could hurt big time going forward. Also Broncos were roughed up against a mediocre Chargers team and were comfortable against a 1-dimensional Cowboys offense. Things could change.

I actually disagree here. We are a really capable road team as evidenced by winning on the road in the last year at both Super Bowl teams. That's almost unheard of. But I think we will continue to have issues with physical defenses even at home that disrupt our finesse timing type offense and keep our defense on the field too long. IE...I think we could get to Minneapolis even as a 9-7 road wild card team if we get the right matchups. And lose at home again in round one as the top seed if we don't. I just think we are a good, not great team.

We're definitely capable, but you don't think that beating NE in NE twice in the same season would be asking an awful lot?  Their record at home against AFC teams is absolutely ridiculous, and Brady at home in January is a tough call, even if Brady was in a walking boot and had one arm. 

We have to go 8-0 at home this year. Need to at least split road games vs the Boys & G-Men.

Defend the home turf, play .500 ball on the road, and you've got a 12 win season, a likely division title and in the conversation for homefield advantage.  That's the philosophy I've always had. 

Archived