Parker Ehinger?

Has anyone heard anything about Parker Ehinger? I think of all the players that will return to the Chiefs: Tamba Hali, Steven Nelson, etc., I'm looking forward to Ehinger's return the most. But Nelson isn't far behind. Phillip Gaines is terrible, and it gets harder and harder to watch Gaines run around the field allowing pass completions all over the field and the QB knowing that the WR will be open each and every time.

But as good as the O-Line has been, Brian Witzmann is by far the weakest link. Given that Ehinger is far better at rush blocking than pass blocking, it's going to be quite exciting to watch Kareem Hunt run behind an even stronger line.

So given all that I said, I wonder how soon we might get to see Ehinger's return?

Agree on both. Witzmann was terrible against Philly. 

I was in Gaines' corner, but I was wrong. He's fast enough to cover, but has atrocious ball skills and it shows up every game.

Ehinger says he's ready to go and there's no swelling in the knee, so I would expect him to get a few snaps in this weekend.

I was wondering about Ehinger as well and how his rehab was coming along. Yes I agree that Witzmann is by far the weakest link but at least he has reps with the others and that counts for something. I dont think he's been atrociously bad. I hope we are not disapointed in Ehinger upon his return.

Ehringer is fully recovered according to the reports but I'm not sure if he had enough training to get up to game speed. They gave him the job from day one and he didn't disappoint, considering how bad our LG situation is right now I'm guessing he gets the nod whenever he's ready to go. In the mean time if we end up in some garbage time situations I think he'll get some reps as well.

Ehringer is practicing and says he's back to where he was pre injury as far as health goes. Probably just shaking off the rust.  Nelson to me is a huge key. Our secondary lost two of its best tacklers and probably its second and third best cover guys with Nelson and Berry being out. Reality is Andy needs to expect to give up more point and we can hope Nelson comes back strong in the second half of the season. I've got little confidence in Tamba after his rant about being healthy. 

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article174475271.html

Sometimes Gaines has the guy covered perfectly and gives up the catch cause he has zero ball skills that's what drives me crazy. The quarterbacks know this so even if the guy is blanketed there guy will win. Got the same feeling when we had cooper he would have nice coverage a lot of times but could not make the play.

Sometimes Gaines has the guy covered perfectly and gives up the catch cause he has zero ball skills that's what drives me crazy. The quarterbacks know this so even if the guy is blanketed there guy will win. Got the same feeling when we had cooper he would have nice coverage a lot of times but could not make the play.

Great observation

Archived