New members - Introduce Yourself

Delighted you are here. It takes new infusion of people to keep this board alive. What would be great if you are willing to introduce yourselves. I will even start.

I am Wilkie I have been on this board a long time. Made some good friends here. I will be 70 years old in November. I am a retired attorney who goes back to Chiefs fan since 1965. I played football in high school and a year and a half in college at KU when they cut me. I went to Tulane stadium and saw the Chiefs win SBIV. I'm a vet served in USAF 1969 to 1973. 3 kids. 5 grandkids.

How about you?

I'm troyofoc from the scout board, chief fan from Orange County CA, raider land. Fan since I was a kid, the Derrick Thomas days. Fell in love with him and the defense back then. Been an Alex hater but I can say i like what I've seen so far this year. Really excited about PM15 but know this is not the year. Was a huge Dorsey fan (after pioli how can you not be). Hoping Veach has the same knack for finding talent as Dorsey and better at what Hunt didn't like. Thanks for the welcome.

I'm troyofoc from the scout board, chief fan from Orange County CA, raider land. Fan since I was a kid, the Derrick Thomas days. Fell in love with him and the defense back then. Been an Alex hater but I can say i like what I've seen so far this year. Really excited about PM15 but know this is not the year. Was a huge Dorsey fan (after pioli how can you not be). Hoping Veach has the same knack for finding talent as Dorsey and better at what Hunt didn't like. Thanks for the welcome.

Rumor has it that Mahomes was Veach's pick. Or rather that he was the one jumping up-and-down for him during his last college year before the draft. Hunt was Dorsey's guy, though.

I'm Lukas. I'm a Scout transplant. 37 y/o. Married 9 years. 1 stepson who's in the Airforce, deployed in Iraq. No grandkids yet, but I'm sure him and his wife will be bangin like jackrabbits when he gets home. Lifelong KC resident. Work in healthcare doing sleep studies. Trying to provide the land whales of the world with better sleep one cpap machine at a time.

My step-grandfather (who raised my father) was a trainer and equipment manager with the Chiefs during their glory years, and is is the Superbowl picture. My father and uncles ran around in the locker room after practices with all the greats. This is in my blood. I had no say in becoming a fan. When my father passed away at 49 from cancer we spread some of his ashes at Arrowhead while tailgaiting. It's that serious.

This is a link about my step-grandpa of whom I spoke earlier. 

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Mourn-the-Passing-of-Former-Equipment-Manager-Bobby-Yarborough/562a6835-875f-412f-bf32-4c22041bb92d

I'm Lukas. I'm a Scout transplant. 37 y/o. Married. 1 stepson who's in the Airforce, deployed in Iraq. No grandkids yet, but I'm sure him and his wife will be bangin like jackrabbits when he gets home. Lifelong KC resident. Work in healthcare doing sleep studies. Trying to provide the land whales of the world with better sleep one cpap machine at a time.

My step-grandfather (who raised my father) was a trainer and equipment manager with the Chiefs during their glory years, and is is the Superbowl picture. My father and uncles ran around in the locker room after practices with all the greats. This is in my blood. I had no say in becoming a fan. When my father passed away at 49 from cancer we spread some of his ashes at Arrowhead while tailgaiting. It's that serious.

This is a link about my step-grandpa of whom I spoke earlier.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Mourn-the-Passing-of-Former-Equipment-Manager-Bobby-Yarborough/562a6835-875f-412f-bf32-4c22041bb92d

Very cool.

There was a guy who posted here probably 10 years ago who's Dad was the team doctor back in the Chiefs' heyday.

Mike - 49. I've got a HS Volleyballer daughter and been married for 19 years. Was.a Chiefs season ticket holder for 26 years until this year but still have a streak of almost 220 games in a row at Arrowhead without missing a game. Love the Royals, Jayhawks and Sporitng KC. IE. Kansas City sports in general.

for the new guys..great idea OBTW wIlkie...  I'm Oldtimer (OT) because at the time on the old Star Board It seemed  I was one of the few that remembered seeing games  at Municipal Stadium and most were Marty era fans. Dad & I took the Ward Parkway Buss's to the stadium. I sat in the old Milgram's Huddle Club at Municipal, Dad had seats in that same End Zone area and got to sit with him when Otis Taylor made that one handed catch in the corner endzone against the  RedSkins..OT about fell in my lap..greatest catch of all time IMHO. Anyhoo I'm 58 so not that old but do have lots of History. Family had season tickets for over 40 years until Pioli just  was more than we could stand and our family spread out all over the country.

Welcome to all.. you guys really have injected some life into this place. I sincerely hope that you have found a new home. 

I'm gochiefsgo. I was on the star board as well. Born in KC. First Chiefs game was at Arrowhead where I watched Walter Payton run all over the Chiefs. Greatest game I ever saw at Arrowhead was the wildcard win over the Steelers in 1993 when the great Joe Montana laced a line drive into the very teeth of the Steelers defense and hit Barnett in the back of the end zone. Arrowhead was insane that day. I post a lot on the game day threads usually. Die hard Chiefs fan please let them win a SB again before I suddenly keel over dead. That's about it.

Great topic. Also from scout.com, 33 years old living in Kirkland just outside Seattle. I was born in October of 1983 so only a few months after the Chiefs selected their last first round QB prior to Mahomes, so I might be cursed. Been a Chiefs fan since my early teens back when my father was stationed in Leavenworth. Then went to KU. I used to go to 2-3 games in Arrowhead every season but couldn't manage it in the last 2 years so hoping to make up for the lost time soon. 

Here from the Star board days. Then Boss rescued us and gave us a great place to talk Chiefs. Now Xen takes care of us.

49yo engineer and veteran. Live in KC. Many in this group have met up and it is a great group of guys. Great to have more good fans to talk with.

Hi, my name is, oh wait wrong group.

Chiefs fan since the arrived, youngster but still a fan. Royals fan since they arrived. Spent most of my youth at Municipal watching the As, Chiefs and then Royals. Once Harry S Truman Sports Complex (never called it the K or Arrowhead when first opened) was opened I moved in over there. Went to the first game ever played there, a preseason win against St. Louis.

System Integration Test Engineer where I spend 75% of my time working and deploying with our troops. Retired AF ROMAD, currently referred to as JTACS. Married 35 years, 2 kids, 4 grands.

I am 31 and I am busy in my life as a shipper and chasing around a 2 year old gitl that wants to destroy everything in sight. It's real awesome on weeks like this when my back is throbbing.

I grew up watching DT and Neil Smith and crew terrorizing Offenses and wanted to be a linebacker and hit people. Instead I was a QB and got the shit kicked out of me and gave up football when I had to get injections to just practice.

If anyone were to ask, my children would not play football.

I'm probably the most cynical poster here and really pound on the table for them to make drastic changes. While others will say otherwise forever, I don't hate Alex Smith with a passion.

I just didn't see a guy that could transcend when it mattered and win a game when the team needed it. You've got to have that in the playoffs when you're facing the best of the best.

Now that we have Mahomes, I am relieved to be done doing that for a very long time. Hopefully.

This franchise is headed in the right direcrion and fans should be excited for the future.