New members - Introduce Yourself

Hey folks, my name is Larry, I too have decided to roll over from the scout board.  Ghost town over there these days...so I am excited about a new board as I have been in and out of that one for about 10 years.  I am originally from Hutchinson, Kansas...but live in Va (thus - 12go4kcinva)....u.s.navy brought me here, its home now.  But on the east coast, there really isn't much love for KC, except for the fact that everywhere I go with a jersey on I get high 5's for beating New England....great feeling by the way.  I dabble in conversation from time to time, not much on drama, but really love to get up to date info and read opinions.  Being on here is just like hanging out with a bunch of passionate kc fans (just not at Arrowhead unfortunately) and that's where I want to be!  Cheers to all on here....hope to make some tight connections and have fun with all of you.  Go KC.

Hey all. I’m Rory , 35. Live in a rural area southwest of Lawrence. Engaged , no offspring. Baker grad, mechanic/manager with a business degree. Grew up on the chiefs/royals/Jayhawks. When I was young, a good friend of mine (well friend’s dad but he became a friend) had season tickets dating back to the 70s. He took me to my first game and many after. In the 90s their seats were right behind the nbemch above the tunnel, next to DT’s wife. They were pretty good friends with them. The first time I saw Derrion he was sitting on my friend’s lap, so he was pretty small. We also got to eat with the players after the game in the tent where DT’s mom routinely had a feast. Got to meet many players. My favorites that I met were probably Trent Green and of course DT. Tony g was my least favorite, honestly he was an arrogant ass. Been an avid fan of the local teams since I was old enough to understand what was going on. The scout guys know me, as I’d been posting over there since something like 04.

Welcome new guys. It seems most of you came from the scout board. I didn't know that board existed, but this kind of reminds me of a lot of us coming from the old KC Star message board years ago, when this forum started. I think you're going to enjoy this forum.

Edit: I guess I should introduce myself. In short, been a Chiefs fans since I can remember, but not really hardcore until the latter-part of the Marty-era. Grew up in KC, but  have lived elsewhere for most of my life now. Navy-veteran, and Aircraft mechanic for over twenty years, and also dabbled in the computer science industry for a few years.   

Spfdchiefsfan here.  I am the smartest and most handsome guy on the board.  Was originally part of the KC Star board.  I am also the resident smartass so take my responses with a grain of salt as i am more than likely just giving you shit!  Oh, and don't take Diehard seriously.  No one here does!  

;)

Hello to all, I'm Dave. 

Born in KC and lived here all my life except four years I spent in Columbia (Wilkie loves that part). I came to this discussion

site at the very beginning, have many good friends because of it, I am even blessed to have met my wife thru this board, who

also happens to be an avid Chiefs fan.  There are some great people who visit regularly.  The main man, Boss is due a great

deal of gratitude for setting it up and maintaining for all these years. 

Hello to all, I'm Dave.

Born in KC and lived here all my life except four years I spent in Columbia (Wilkie loves that part). I came to this discussion

site at the very beginning, have many good friends because of it, I am even blessed to have met my wife thru this board, who

also happens to be an avid Chiefs fan. There are some great people who visit regularly. The main man, Boss is due a great

deal of gratitude for setting it up and maintaining for all these years.

Yep. Boss is the man.

Please donate to the site even if it peanuts.

Let's keep it rolling.

PhataL. San Francisco exile since the 2013 off-season. I called Colin Kaepernick a "throwing runningback" when it was uncool to do so, and I think the Chiefs have one of the best quarterbacks currently in the league. I don't put stats ahead of tape, and I believe football is best played the way it is coached. I hate double-standards, and I will tell you when I see them.

im an ex 49er fan. i was pissed when alex got benched for sack or pick and so i came back to the chiefs (same thing with montana).  i live in nor cal and am 35. i go to every chiefs game in cali and the wife and i flew to kc for the first time last season. arrowhead is amazing.  the last kc forums i was on had a guy named claynuss, so i came here.

im an ex 49er fan. i was pissed when alex got benched for sack or pick and so i came back to the chiefs (same thing with montana).  i live in nor cal and am 35. i go to every chiefs game in cali and the wife and i flew to kc for the first time last season. arrowhead is amazing.  the last kc forums i was on had a guy named claynuss, so i came here.

:lol:  Welcome and are you a Pineland survivor?  

If the QB moves anger you so much you'll probably hate being a Chiefs fan much more. We had only one promising QB in my lifetime (Mahomes) and I'm 33  :rolleyes:

Im a transplant from the Scout board.  I'm 37 years old and grew up in Lamar Mo.  I'm a die hard Chiefs and Royals fan since the late 80's.   My family and I are Missionaries to Colombia, currently raising our support and living in Alabama.  Have two children, little girl 9 and little boy 6.   I love talking Chiefs and am excited to be part of an active board again.  Thanks for the hospitable welcome and this thread is a fun idea.  

Welcome to the new guys! I've been around since the beginning and have met some great folks from here. I'm in Sacramento, but I get to Arrowhead once or twice a year (was at the Philly game). I also go to the game in Oakland and like to travel to some other away game (Dallas this year).

Please keep it respectful

Please donate if you can

Please ignore Wilkie

That's about it for best practices...enjoy!

Welcome to the new guys! I've been around since the beginning and have met some great folks from here. I'm in Sacramento, but I get to Arrowhead once or twice a year (was at the Philly game). I also go to the game in Oakland and like to travel to some other away game (Dallas this year).

Please keep it respectful

Please donate if you can

Please ignore Wilkie

That's about it for best practices...enjoy!

And don't take DieHard seriously, nobody does.

(I know when and how that joke started but I don't know who started that.)

am i the only planet transplant who was disgusted with the alex bashers?

define "Alex Bashers"

There are those on here that dont think he's good enough to win a SB regardless, there are those who think with a  Bears,Ravens type of Defense he could win a SB  there are those of us who think that we have seen his ceiling and ready to move on..but then you have Phatalerror whom we think is Alex because his never ending worship of him LOL..many will call him AA (Average Alex).  You'll have those on her that rate Alex anywhere from a C to an A QB. I dont think anyone on here does not think he's tough but when its all is said n done I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

define "Alex Bashers"

There are those on here that dont think he's good enough to win a SB regardless, there are those who think with a  Bears,Ravens type of Defense he could win a SB  there are those of us who think that we have seen his ceiling and ready to move on..but then you have Phatalerror whom we think is Alex because his never ending worship of him LOL..many will call him AA (Average Alex).  You'll have those on her that rate Alex anywhere from a C to an A QB. I dont think anyone on here does not think he's tough but when its all is said n done I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

I just know one thing. We've gone into every playoff game since Alex got here with a major weakness somewhere else on the roster that was exploited in those games. Some of which was created by reality that #25 and #50 were never healthy for a playoff game in this era. He doesn't need a world beater team around him lke a Dilfer type. But he does need a team that doesn't have any massive flaw somewhere as history has shown. We just have to hope we can get to January relatively healthy. 

All I know is in the 4 years he's been in KC the Chiefs have been in the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years. In the previous 15 years the Chiefs made the playoffs 3 times. Give credit to the D or Coach or what ever you want but you can't deny he has the best winning percentage of any Chiefs QB in the past umpteen years.

I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

One big difference.  When Green left, the cupboard was bare.  When Alex leaves, the Chiefs have a backup plan in place along with some pretty good players at other positions.  Compare Mahomes, Hunt, Hill, Berry, and Houston with Huard, LJ, Bowe, and ?????

I just know one thing. We've gone into every playoff game since Alex got here with a major weakness somewhere else on the roster that was exploited in those games. Some of which was created by reality that #25 and #50 were never healthy for a playoff game in this era. He doesn't need a world beater team around him lke a Dilfer type. But he does need a team that doesn't have any massive flaw somewhere as history has shown. We just have to hope we can get to January relatively healthy. 

As you can see...Mloe is one of those who would give Alex an A. Personally I'm one of the ones who would grade him out as a C. We've gone around and around about this for years now.

As you can see...Mloe is one of those who would give Alex an A. Personally I'm one of the ones who would grade him out as a C. We've gone around and around about this for years now.

If A+ is a grade, I'd think his assessments are more like A- to B+. But if A is highest, the B+ to B is the highest I've seen Mloe's evaluations be. I read most and posted a bit in scout. I just think the those who grade him over a B look like they are giving him an A and those who give him less than a B look like they are giving them an F. Neither are accurate.

The Alex question is a very simple one. The Chiefs have been to the playoffs 4 times and are 1-3 under Reid. Alex Smith manned up against the Colts, Texans and Patriots but still lost two of those games. That Pittsburgh game. All on Alex. The model of futility. I think we even had a thread where we debated whether or not that home loss to Pittsburgh was the final straw that led to the Chiefs drafting a QB in the first round for the first time since 1983. I still think that's the reason behind that Mahomes pick.

I have watched Smith for years as a 49er QB and now as a Chief.

He is a good QB that can win a Super Bowl.

Chiefs are once again a contender and we have a roster loaded with young talent.

I would love to see KC win another SB and I think Reid will put the best QB on the field each week.

W