New members - Introduce Yourself

If A+ is a grade, I'd think his assessments are more like A- to B+. But if A is highest, the B+ to B is the highest I've seen Mloe's evaluations be. I read most and posted a bit in scout. I just think the those who grade him over a B look like they are giving him an A and those who give him less than a B look like they are giving them an F. Neither are accurate.

What drives me crazy is when people say we have a bad QB (which is plain dumb). And perhaps my debates with House makes me look like I'm over the top in my grade of Alex. Overall I think Alex is actually a solid B that plays more to C than he does to A. Rarely plays below a C though. He's got a tough task tonight with banged up oline. Not sure how Andy will navigate this one. 

What drives me crazy is when people say we have a bad QB (which is plain dumb). And perhaps my debates with House makes me look like I'm over the top in my grade of Alex. Overall I think Alex is actually a solid B that plays more to C than he does to A. Rarely plays below a C though. He's got a tough task tonight with banged up oline. Not sure how Andy will navigate this one.

It will be fine. Andy has lots of experience scheming around the oline.

Agree on Alex. And i like to win. There will come a time when they can't keep Mahomes off the field, but right now is Alex's time. If the playoffs go downhill again all bets are off though. KC has as good of a roster as any team in the NFL this year. They all have issues. We have less issues than most.

I'm 38 years old with 2 kids. I have a boy and girl, 10 and 8 respectively. Married for 8 years? Lol. Don't tell my wife. Fan since DT days. I'm a runner, and by runner I mean I'm not right in the head and run marathons. I've worked in mental health, human services, drug and alcohol, and currently work to help people transition from nursing homes while contracted with a big health insurance company in PA with a goal to help people make better health choices. Vague description but it means so many different things to make good health choices.

Hope this place becomes home. I don't post nearly as much as I used too, but between kids sports, my wife, and my passion of running I only have time to work. [insert sad face]

Hi All,

I was on the Star board way back and moved to the Scout board in '09. It looks like lots of the guys are coming here so I am coming to give it a try too. The VI stands for Vancouver Island where I live. I've been a Chiefs fan since 89/90 thanks to DT and Okoye.

What part of Vancouver Island are you on?  I've sailed into Victoria, hung out in Cordova Bay and in Sidney.  You are in one of my favorite parts of the world. 

My dad lives in Seattle and I've also sailed in the San Juan Islands close by.

By the way, my name is Jason.  I am a 42 year old tax attorney. I am married with 3 kids and live in KC.  Really glad to be back in an active Chiefs board.

What part of Vancouver Island are you on? I've sailed into Victoria, hung out in Cordova Bay and in Sidney. You are in one of my favorite parts of the world.

My dad lives in Seattle and I've also sailed in the San Juan Islands close by.

By the way, my name is Jason. I am a 42 year old tax attorney. I am married with 3 kids and live in KC. Really glad to be back in an active Chiefs board.

I live in Nanaimo, about an hour and a half drive north of Victoria. It is a great part of the world to live. I can't wait for the Chiefs to come to Seattle next year; they only make it once every 8 years. I will definitely be going.

So far this board seems pretty good.

I'm Will. Been on scout.com forever but glad I've made the switch - much more positivity on this site.

From Philly, PA but diehard KC fan since B Word and Okoye days. 

2 things:

I follow the Eagles too as they're the local team so I have an intimate relationship with Andy Reid for about 20 years, it's scary.

I'm a huge proponent of Brett Veach - he graduated from my high school a few years after me. Mt Carmel - super small in the middle of nowhere

I'm 38 years old with 2 kids. I have a boy and girl, 10 and 8 respectively. Married for 8 years? Lol. Don't tell my wife. Fan since DT days. I'm a runner, and by runner I mean I'm not right in the head and run marathons. I've worked in mental health, human services, drug and alcohol, and currently work to help people transition from nursing homes while contracted with a big health insurance company in PA with a goal to help people make better health choices. Vague description but it means so many different things to make good health choices.

Hope this place becomes home. I don't post nearly as much as I used too, but between kids sports, my wife, and my passion of running I only have time to work. [insert sad face]

Alex is playing at an MVP type level by the way. We haven't had a QB playing this well in a long time. Probably not sustainable but we will see.

Absolutely agree on this. I must say in all the years Iv'e seen A Smith play, this is the year where he is excelling. I've never seen him throw the long ball like he's doing now. Every year I hear about how Alex is going to force it deep or the Chiefs will take more chances - never happens.  This year, without a doubt, is Alex's best. 

The o-line isn't as good as it was in the past so I believe it was the drafting of Mahomes that made A Smith go balls out. I'm loving it. We've lost all our playoff games by being passive so to see Alex taking more chances is fantastic. I'd much rather see him throw the long ball and have few interceptions than throw bubble screens all day. Defenses key in on that. 

Couldn't be happier for Smith this year, plus he's a great guy. Gotta root for someone like that.

Isn't it nice to be a chiefs fan this year!!!!!

Alex is playing at an MVP type level by the way. We haven't had a QB playing this well in a long time. Probably not sustainable but we will see.

Alex is playing out of his mind. He is top 10 to top 15 in most QB stats and top QB rating in the NFL all while being outside the top 20 in pass attempts. He isn't slinging the ball around but he has been connecting on deeper passes. His TD:INT ratio is 8:0 with a rushing TD. Playing great football despite an O-line that has been struggling.

Tyreek Hill and Kelce round out the top 16 in receiving yards and both have 2 TD's. Both on pace for 8 TD's with over 1,000 yards receiving. 

Also a transplant from the Scout board. Found that board by being a member of the OU scout board. Been a Chiefs fan since the late 80's. 36 years old from southern KS, married 14 years, have 3 kids. Avid fan of the Sooners, Cubs and Chiefs. I don't post much, but like to go to the boards to stay up to date on my teams. Glad to have found this board, thanks to the post from zenmasterII on the scout board!

I'm Will. Been on scout.com forever but glad I've made the switch - much more positivity on this site.

From Philly, PA but diehard KC fan since B Word and Okoye days. 

2 things:

I follow the Eagles too as they're the local team so I have an intimate relationship with Andy Reid for about 20 years, it's scary.

I'm a huge proponent of Brett Veach - he graduated from my high school a few years after me. Mt Carmel - super small in the middle of nowhere

Have you been to Big Charlie's?

1st off I’m not a vet so a Giant thank you to all that has served!

Im coming over from scout and this place seems great.

I’m 35 and am incredibly lucky to sell RVs for a living. I’m from Des Moines and have Been a chiefs fan my entire life.

Count me as a guy who is thankful Alex Smith is our qb. No matter how infuriating he can be at times!

1st off I’m not a vet so a Giant thank you to all that has served!

Im coming over from scout and this place seems great.

I’m 35 and am incredibly lucky to sell RVs for a living. I’m from Des Moines and have Been a chiefs fan my entire life.

Count me as a guy who is thankful Alex Smith is our qb. No matter how infuriating he can be at times!

We should grab a beer some time and watch the game. I live in Newton here, work on Camp Dodge though

Absolutely agree on this. I must say in all the years Iv'e seen A Smith play, this is the year where he is excelling. I've never seen him throw the long ball like he's doing now. Every year I hear about how Alex is going to force it deep or the Chiefs will take more chances - never happens.  This year, without a doubt, is Alex's best. 

The o-line isn't as good as it was in the past so I believe it was the drafting of Mahomes that made A Smith go balls out. I'm loving it. We've lost all our playoff games by being passive so to see Alex taking more chances is fantastic. I'd much rather see him throw the long ball and have few interceptions than throw bubble screens all day. Defenses key in on that. 

Couldn't be happier for Smith this year, plus he's a great guy. Gotta root for someone like that.

Isn't it nice to be a chiefs fan this year!!!!!

Agree. Alex is taking more good risks with the ball and still is elite at avoiding bad risks. He seems be keeping his head downfield when he gets outside of the pocket and trusting receivers more. Bad thing is if Oline doesn't improve or get healthy fast, our QB won't be healthy long.

Agree. Alex is taking more good risks with the ball and still is elite at avoiding bad risks. He seems be keeping his head downfield when he gets outside of the pocket and trusting receivers more. Bad thing is if Oline doesn't improve or get healthy fast, our QB won't be healthy long.

First year he's done this. Mahomes Effect. He now has to produce. As a Chiefs fan, I love it.