When do we challege top 5 defense total rankings?

Healthy Berry

Another CB

Stud ILB

Add those to Peters, Jones, Houston and a more experienced Kpass and Eligwe with the very good front three and you've got a winner.

Don't forget Ragland. He could pay off YUGE if he gets healthy and returns to Bama form. Believe me.

2018 will be the key. If Berry can come back 100% it'll obviously be huge for us, in the mean time all our young secondary is playing without a pro bowler behind them so they'll progress very nicely in a tough environment. Jones looks like he'll become a beast and we have an athletic freak in the rotation who'll probably get some major snaps towards the end of the season.

IMO Chiefs need an OLB and a CB early in the next draft and this defense will be one of the top 3.

They seem to allow short yards and drop 8 in coverage alot and then get aggressive in the red zone. Which means ranking by yards will not give us a top 5, but they don't put yards on the score board.

We were #5 in points allowed I think last year. Will be again this year IMO. We played the #1 and #5 offenses so it is a little decieving where we rank now.

They seem to allow short yards and drop 8 in coverage alot and then get aggressive in the red zone. Which means ranking by yards will not give us a top 5, but they don't put yards on the score board.

We were #5 in points allowed I think last year. Will be again this year IMO. We played the #1 and #5 offenses so it is a little decieving where we rank now.

Good point, but scoring defense isn't everything.  They also need to get off the field on third downs to give the offense more opportunities.  Letting the other team use 7 minutes and holding them to three points may seem like a victory, but it's seven minutes that the offense in on the bench.  Gotta get some stops early in the possession.

The thing is the initial focus was the scoring defense and it has been fine for a while now, this year would be the one where we take away the yardage as well but not enough progress so far.

Archived