Alternate 2017 Draft Scenario

Just purely just for fun and wonderment, what if the Bills trade with someone else and that team drafts Patrick Mahomes? And let's also assume in this scenario that DeShawn Watson wasn't available either. At Pick #27, would could the Chiefs have taken that strengthen the team?

Mt first thought here would be either Reubens Foster, TreDavious White(who the Bills Picked with the Chiefs Pick in that spot), or even T.J. Watt, who would make a nice replacement for Dee Ford, who I'm sure will demand more money than he's worth. In a dream scenario, trading up to pick Jarrad Davis to play this season in Ramik Wilson's spot while being the heir to Derrick Johnson's spot after he retires.

Of course with the Chiefs' cap issues, Patrick Mahomes II was the best pick for the Chiefs, who will take over Alex Smith's job, saving a large amount of cap space than can go towards locking up Marcus Peters, Chris Jones and whoever else the Chiefs want to keep long-term.

Mahomes was the best pick regardless of cap issues. Smith had 4 years to ascend and he never did.

He did fine shoring up the position, but it was time to stop settling for okay play.

If they didn't get Mahomes, I would of taken a look at Kizer. Watson was low on my board after analyzing further and was practically off it by the end.

If no QB at all, I think you would have to be insane to go anywhere but TJ Watt. Sure Foster would of fit in well and they needed one, but I'll take a terror on the edge over an inside backer 10 times out of 10.

Mahomes was the best pick regardless of cap issues. Smith had 4 years to ascend and he never did.

He did fine shoring up the position, but it was time to stop settling for okay play.

If they didn't get Mahomes, I would of taken a look at Kizer. Watson was low on my board after analyzing further and was practically off it by the end.

If no QB at all, I think you would have to be insane to go anywhere but TJ Watt. Sure Foster would of fit in well and they needed one, but I'll take a terror on the edge over an inside backer 10 times out of 10.

Yes yes yes

Archived