Top 5 Best & Worst Uniforms

Maybe I'm just biased, but I've just always loved the way the Chiefs' bright flashy red. Then when the Chiefs go "flame" red, where the Chiefs wear their road red pants with their home red jerseys. And Thursday Night Football's Color Rush is just beyond sweet looking.

So I got to thinking which teams' uniforms are best and worst. I won't include the Chiefs uniform because I'm far too biased to realistically rank it. To save time, I'll list my Top 5 and Bottom 5.

BEST

#1. Carolina Panthers (All Black)

#2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Home Red)

#3. Oakland Raiders (Color Rush/White)

#4. Detroit Lions (New 2017 look)

#5. Seattle Seahawks (Both Navy & Gray)

WORST

#1. LOS ANGELES RAMS:

The Rams have by far the worst looking uniforms. The Rams switched just the helmets switching from navy blue and gold, to navy blue and white. And the uniforms are still the same color scheme with gold on it. It just looks terrible and like the Rams are wearing the wrong uniforms or wrong helmet, depending on which helmet style you like better.

#2. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS:

Not only are the Colts uniforms just plain, but to use a bland gray facemask on a white helmet and blue as the only other color on the uniform. Back before the deal with Nike to re-design all the teams' uniforms, the facemask was blue, that matched the blue on the jersey, pants and helmet.

#3. BUFFALO BILLS:

Yet another team sporting the terrible bland gray facemask on a white helmet. I was a much bigger fan of the blue jersey tops with a red helmet and white facemask, which in this case, white is actually I'm the color scheme as trim. The overall look is just very plain and uncolorful.

#4. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS:

Jus like the previous 2, the 49ers also have that ugly bland gray facemask. The 49ers best uniforms were during the Jeff Garcia/Terrell Owens days, which not only had red facemasks, but also had much better looking trim on the lettering and numbers, rather than they're awesome plain and very old looking uniforms.

#5. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS:

The Jaguars used to be my favorite uniform, but then for some reason they went with the black and gold look on the helmets. The helmets are just hideous to look at, which sucks because outside of the helmet, the uniform is one of the best in my opinion. The black on black looks super sweet. Now just imagine how sweet it'd be if the helmet ditched the gold on the back and went with all black.

• 9 months later...

My top five in no particular order,

Chiefs

Raiders

Colts(really like the blue with white helmet)

Cowboys

Packers

Honorable mention

Seattle

Atlanta(really like red jerseys and black helmet)

Agree with the Rams. Pick a damn uni.

Best is -- without question -- the Chicago Bears. No one else is close.

Green Bay Packers

Chiefs

Vikings

Worst is the freaking Rams. Good gravy, people. The Rams (in the days of Deacon Jones, Merlin Olson) had classic NFL unis. That makes the current uniforms even more revolting.

Ugh. Chicago uniforms suck. Agree with rest. Love the vikes and packers uni's.

I'd like to see teams remove the names off the back of the jerseys. Good fans will know who the players are or at least the ones they follow. Those who don't know the players by their numbers or positions then they can either buy a program or look them up on their phones.

This would again put more emphasis on the name (or logo) on the front instead of the one on the back of the jersey.

I'd like to see teams remove the names off the back of the jerseys. Good fans will know who the players are or at least the ones they follow. Those who don't know the players by their numbers or positions then they can either buy a program or look them up on their phones.

This would again put more emphasis on the name (or logo) on the front instead of the one on the back of the jersey.

Disagree strongly. The players are the one's putting their bodies (and literally their brains) on the line. They deserve all the $ and recognition they can get. Yes I'm going to root for the team always, but rooting for individual players is fun and not having names will screw people watching for fantasy football, which i know you don't care about, but a lot of people do. It's why a lot of people watch games they don't have a team playing in. Plus it's anti capitalist.

Disagree strongly. The players are the one's putting their bodies (and literally their brains) on the line. They deserve all the $ and recognition they can get. Yes I'm going to root for the team always, but rooting for individual players is fun and not having names will screw people watching for fantasy football, which i know you don't care about, but a lot of people do. It's why a lot of people watch games they don't have a team playing in. Plus it's anti capitalist.

Hmm, the Yankees have never had unues with names on the back and they as well as their players are one of the most successful franchise in sports.

Hmm, the Yankees have never had unues with names on the back and they as well as their players are one of the most successful franchise in sports.

Uh yeah because they play in the largest US cities and those players have historically won more championships than any other team. Pretty sure it was because they were able to buy any player they wanted due to having more income due to, you know, all the winning and again, being in the largest city.

The dallas cowboys are the worth the most of any US sports team, despite the fact that players have names on their jersey.

I like going to games and seeing old names on backs of uniforms. Last year I saw a Moeaki jersey. It's a lot more interesting to see a Moeaki than an old 81 and not having a clue who that was.

Holy shit a Moeaki jersey. Now that's a fan!

Uh yeah because they play in the largest US cities and those players have historically won more championships than any other team. Pretty sure it was because they were able to buy any player they wanted due to having more income due to, you know, all the winning and again, being in the largest city.

The dallas cowboys are the worth the most of any US sports team, despite the fact that players have names on their jersey.

My point with the Yankees is that names aren't required to make big dollars. It's an ego thing more than a money thing.

Archived