I don't believe Brady's one of the best qb's.

It's the system.   He's accurate but so are many other QB's.    He plays on good teams but the spread offense is great system and he's been a great fit in it.   You could draft a lot of Michigan type qb's and train them in the 'spread' and they would be good.    Drew Bledsoe in my opinion was better.

Just a thought.     IT's the Texas Tech type offense.   Just plug in a new guy with a great Oline and you wont miss much.

Stopping that system is about 'cover guys' and pressure.

I completely disagree.  He's one of if not the greatest of all time.   That offense has evolved numerous times over the years and he continues to dominate.   He might not be one of the most talented but he's definitely one of the GOATs.

Joe Montana was not the 2nd best either .  Played on great teams with lots $$.   Great players around him.

Brady plays with good system WR's by the way.   It's a SYSTEM offense.  Great coaching too.

Brady is a bad ass.

Agreed. I don't think NE would have been nearly as successful through the years if it wasn't for him. Brady and Peyton Manning are once in a lifetime type players IMO. When Brady retires I think NE will still be a competitive team, because of Belichick; but it won't be the same.

Brady is the model of greatness. Even in his advanced age and declining years he’s better than 99% of all who have played the position. With Brady it’s more than the system or the people around him. Brady is the guy that makes people around him better. As talented as he is, his very presence created an aura of belief in those around him. I hate to glow about opposing players , but Brady and his talent/meaning to that franchise go far beyond his physical attributes. He’s just a really special player. Better tha Manning , joe, John. He’s the greatest because he has the perfect combination of skills, intangibles and leadership. I doubt we see another Brady in our lifetime.

Brady is the model of greatness. Even in his advanced age and declining years he’s better than 99% of all who have played the position. With Brady it’s more than the system or the people around him. Brady is the guy that makes people around him better. As talented as he is, his very presence created an aura of belief in those around him. I hate to glow about opposing players , but Brady and his talent/meaning to that franchise go far beyond his physical attributes. He’s just a really special player. Better tha Manning , joe, John. He’s the greatest because he has the perfect combination of skills, intangibles and leadership. I doubt we see another Brady in our lifetime.

Yes. Yes yes

For you new folks I don't believe there can ever be a GOAT. The readon is all theses players play in different eras and the game changes throughout the years.

Does anyone who actually watched games of the 60s honestly believe WRs today could have played against the defenders of the dirtiest team in the league, the Raiders or cross the middle against Lambert or Nitschke? What about playing in an era where QBs would get power driven into the ground without seeing laundry all over the place.

No, there is no way to compare players of the sissyfied 2000s vs the roughnecks of the 60s or early 70s.

I will say he has been the best of HIS time but don't really think he would have played like this within the rules or lack there of them of the SB era football. Not even counting the QBs that played in the 40s and 50s where they played both ways.

Could any of todays players have held up when they had to work a part time job in the off season and not spend all their time in the gym or some special camp?

No, we should never compare players outside their own era.

For you new folks I don't believe there can ever be a GOAT. The readon is all theses players play in different eras and the game changes throughout the years.

Does anyone who actually watched games of the 60s honestly believe WRs today could have played against the defenders of the dirtiest team in the league, the Raiders or cross the middle against Lambert or Nitschke? What about playing in an era where QBs would get power driven into the ground without seeing laundry all over the place.

No, there is no way to compare players of the sissyfied 2000s vs the roughnecks of the 60s or early 70s.

I will say he has been the best of HIS time but don't really think he would have played like this within the rules or lack there of them of the SB era football. Not even counting the QBs that played in the 40s and 50s where they played both ways.

Could any of todays players have held up when they had to work a part time job in the off season and not spend all their time in the gym or some special camp?

A valid argument and yet my personal belief is that Brady transcends this.

I, like Moon, believe he's got some maniacal version of each of the very best attributes and is able to use them in the most perfect scheme for him, that he has mastered. I hate it, but I respect it.

I do however believe that we'll see strong competition for the title though. Maybe not 'Oldtimer' though...????

Probably right. The size of the players and speed of the game is so much faster today than many of those old time players would have never have made nearly the impact today as they did then. Weve got dlinemen and most LBs faster than most RBs and even WRs were in that era.

Joe Montana was not the 2nd best either . Played on great teams with lots $$. Great players around him.

Brady plays with good system WR's by the way. It's a SYSTEM offense. Great coaching too.

This is a QB and coaches league. Without Brady the Patriots would still be a solid contender, but not the dynasty type franchise they have been with him. 38 TDs, 2 INTs in his last 16 games by the way. Down 4 with less than two minutes left yesterday was there really much doubt what would happen? He's that good. Just ask the Falcons.

IMO Brady is either the best or one of the best QBs ever. No playmaker has been able to replicate their NE performance after leaving for another team and the reason that system works great is Brady leading the pack. They changed the system quite a few times but he still keeps on going. 

Probably right. The size of the players and speed of the game is so much faster today than many of those old time players would have never have made nearly the impact today as they did then. Weve got dlinemen and most LBs faster than most RBs and even WRs were in that era.

And at the same time most of the receivers now days aren't touched due to the pansie rules in place. They are not tough enough to have played then. Almost everytime there is a close play they look for a flag. Go back and watch some earlier games and see how many times a receiver comes up looking for flags. I am not saying if they played then they couldn't have been good but the numbers would have been lower.

And at the same time most of the receivers now days aren't touched due to the pansie rules in place. They are not tough enough to have played then. Almost everytime there is a close play they look for a flag. Go back and watch some earlier games and see how many times a receiver comes up looking for flags. I am not saying if they played then they couldn't have been good but the numbers would have been lower.

There's no doubt rule changes really favor offense. The intimidation of the past eras are a thing of the past. But again can you imagine the safeties and LBs of the 60s trying to cover modern tight ends like Gronk and Kelce. That's a man against boys type thing. All things considered though you original premise is spot on. It's really hard to compare eras.

There's no doubt rule changes really favor offense. The intimidation of the past eras are a thing of the past. But again can you imagine the safeties and LBs of the 60s trying to cover modern tight ends like Gronk and Kelce. That's a man against boys type thing. All things considered though you original premise is spot on. It's really hard to compare eras.

I agree that it's hard to compare eras, that is why I don't buy into the GOAT term. In regards to Gronk and Kelce they would get physically pounded on the line and then cry about it. Neither are mentally tough and I think that is the major differences between the eras, mental toughness.

A dropped Int helped yesterday.

Brady has been doing what he did yesterday his entire career. Heck he did it in his first Super Bowl 17 years ago just like he did in his last Super Bowl 9 months ago at 39 years old. That's not scheme, it's pure greatness. He's gonna hit a wall very soon, but he's the best QB of this era.

Brady has been doing what he did yesterday his entire career. Heck he did it in his first Super Bowl 17 years ago just like he did in his last Super Bowl 9 months ago at 39 years old. That's not scheme, it's pure greatness. He's gonna hit a wall very soon, but he's the best QB of this era.

Never said he hasn't but at times it's better to be lucky than good.

Archived