I said it based on his 40 time. Guess he has a difference between timed runs and football speed. That's not the first or last time I've been wrong.

Disclaimer: I am only kidding with the following.

Other than money, there's no reason to get drafted earlier. You want to go to a good team. (Outside of the first round, though, it doesn't matter much.)

***, I thought Charles was the fastest in the league at one point, this kid looks as fast.

Hunt's not fast. The Chargers could have run him down, but they were mentally defeated when they saw Hunt break through for the first down on the final play. I didn't mind: That won me one of my Fantasy Leagues this week.

One of my pet peeves is how fickle people are when it comes to 40 times. Apparently if you are not a sub 4.4 guy, you're not fast. What a joke.

DBs and WRs that have world-class speed are nice to have, but it's rare that the opportunity to run 40 yards in a straight line ever happens in a real game.

4.6 guy is roughly 4-5 yds behind 4.3 guy in a 40 yd race. Throw in field/weather conditions, pursuit angles, trained assassins gunning for you, fatigue, and pads, and the gap is even smaller.

Just stop.

One of my pet peeves is how fickle people are when it comes to 40 times. Apparently if you are not a sub 4.4 guy, you're not fast. What a joke.

DBs and WRs that have world-class speed are nice to have, but it's rare that the opportunity to run 40 yards in a straight line ever happens in a real game.

4.6 guy is roughly 4-5 yds behind 4.3 guy in a 40 yd race. Throw in field/weather conditions, pursuit angles, trained assassins gunning for you, fatigue, and pads, and the gap is even smaller.

Just stop.

Hunt is game day fast! ;)

Just stop.

Assuming a guy in pads can run 10 yards/sec., he would be two yards behind the guy running .2 seconds faster.  That doesn't take into account the quickness of the first steps or the difference in just top end speed.  Hunt seems to be fast enough after a second or two when in the open.  Maybe his first steps are slower but that doesn't matter as much as the fact he makes people miss to get into the open and seemingly has great instincts and vision for finding the crease.  BTW, he's on pace to rush for 2800 yards this season.  Of course, that's not realistic as defenses key more and more on him, but it does show just how fantastic his first three games were.

Not sure who will be a bigger pick for Dorsey's legacy, Hunt or Mahomes. And that's saying something with how good I expect Mahomes to be. What great going away presents.

Mahomes was Veach's guy; Hunt was Dorsey's. I mean, I know, Dorsey had to pick both of them, but that's what the reports are.

Not sure who will be a bigger pick for Dorsey's legacy, Hunt or Mahomes.  And that's saying something with how good I expect Mahomes to be.  What great going away presents.  

Hunt is tearing up the league; Mahomes hasn't seen the field.  For now, there's no contest.

Mahomes was Veach's guy; Hunt was Dorsey's. I mean, I know, Dorsey had to pick both of them, but that's what the reports are.

They are all the GM's guys.  He takes his scouts info, and makes the final decisions.  I hope Veach, now that he's in the big chair, can come close to how good Dorsey was at this on draft day.   Remains to be seen.   

They are all the GM's guys. He takes his scouts info, and makes the final decisions. I hope Veach, now that he's in the big chair, can come close to how good Dorsey was at this on draft day. Remains to be seen.

Dorsey will be missed, and he will be greatly missed. Perhaps, Dorsey will be missed, like that missed opportunity he had when he was given the chance to be missed.

Archived