Redskins

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For whatever reason, Oakland was flat as a pancake. I think Wash will be the weakest team we've played so far. We have played all good teams so far, and I'm including the Chargers in that.

Weak teams don't dismantle the Raiders like the Redskins did. This will be a difficult game for the Chiefs no doubt.

The thing that concerns me about this game is the way Sutton plays defense. Rarely rushes more than 3. Likes to drop guys in coverage.

After watching the Philly-Redskins game it was apparent that Cousins is not that accurate when being pressured. The Eagles sacked Cousins 4 times and pressured him numerous other times. He barely completed 50% of his passes. To me this is the key to the game. Getting pressure on Cousins. But the way Sutton plays...I am just a little worried.

The thing that concerns me about this game is the way Sutton plays defense. Rarely rushes more than 3. Likes to drop guys in coverage.

After watching the Philly-Redskins game it was apparent that Cousins is not that accurate when being pressured. The Eagles sacked Cousins 4 times and pressured him numerous other times. He barely completed 50% of his passes. To me this is the key to the game. Getting pressure on Cousins. But the way Sutton plays...I am just a little worried.

Our second half defense has always been better during the Sutton regime. I expect us to pressure him with a base front then throw in some exotic blitzes later in the game. I don't see Washington putting up more than 20 on us.

Nobody has spoken on the Jordan Reed injury. He's been banged up although Vernon Davis filled in well for him Sunday night. Chris Thompson, is the guy we need to contain. He's their XFactor - put up over a 100 yds from scrimmage in every game this season. I'm not too worried about their receiving corp. Crowder maybe. Only thing I remember about Terrell Pryor is 4th and 48.

Our second half defense has always been better during the Sutton regime. I expect us to pressure him with a base front then throw in some exotic blitzes later in the game. I don't see Washington putting up more than 20 on us.

Nobody has spoken on the Jordan Reed injury. He's been banged up although Vernon Davis filled in well for him Sunday night. Chris Thompson, is the guy we need to contain. He's their XFactor - put up over a 100 yds from scrimmage in every game this season. I'm not too worried about their receiving corp. Crowder maybe. Only thing I remember about Terrell Pryor is 4th and 48.

Pssshaw... 4th and 48? Try 3rd and 93. Punting on 4th and goal: https://m.herosports.com/amp/college-football/louisiana-tech-fumble-punt-4th-and-goal-byby

Neat article from the Washington Post. Do some of you oldies last remember the Chiefs last loss to the Skins? Wilkie, West, Bily?

Bill Kenney was the QB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/28/after-34-years-and-six-mostly-humiliating-losses-the-redskins-owe-the-chiefs/

Weak teams don't dismantle the Raiders like the Redskins did. This will be a difficult game for the Chiefs no doubt.

heard there is a rumor floating around that the raiders front 5 were pissed at Carr for not kneeling, and they let him get pressured ala Burt Reynolds in the longest yard

don't know if it's true, but that is the best o-line in football, and they got manhandled

heard there is a rumor floating around that the raiders front 5 were pissed at Carr for not kneeling, and they let him get pressured ala Burt Reynolds in the longest yard

don't know if it's true, but that is the best o-line in football, and they got manhandled

If true, they should release every one of them.

Tanking a game for personal reasons?  Probably just a rumor, but if not, the NFL should suspend the whole group.

LOL if folks believe that they'd believe anything. 

Ah damn it who let this guy out of his cage? Sir, the Raiders got manhandled because they're a bunch of black and grey bitches. EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS

Can I guess which network reported that news?

The injury update from yesterday's training sessions reads as followed

Chiefs

Ford= (Back problems) Didn't train

Morse= (Foot problem) Didn't train

Fisher= (Had back problems) Had a light workout

Pierre-Louis= (Had groin issues) Had a light workout

Ehinger= (Had knee problems) Took part in full training

Logan= (Had knee problems) Took part in full training

Thomas= Had shoulder issues) Took part in full training

Washington

Nsekhe= (Core muscle problems) Did not train

Foster= (Shoulder problems) light workout

Kelley= (Rib problems) light workout

Ioannidis= (shoulder problems) light workout

Reed= (Rib/Sternum problems) light workout

Norman= (Had shoulder problems) took part in full training

Nicholson= (Had shoulder problems) took part in full training

Perine= (Had a hand injury) took part in full training

Hopefully, Ford trains either today or tomorrow. Morse not due back for a week or two apparently. Fisher having a workout is good too.

If true, they should release every one of them.

Just a rumor heard on one of the sports shows driving to work... they said it was a local Oak reporter... who was told if he pursued the story, he'd never be allowed to cover the team again

yeah... their o-line is pretty good

Seeing that Carr was sacked 1.1 times a game last year for 18 sacks and averaging 1 a game this year to give up 4 in a single game it is a little out of the norms for this line.

If KC doesn't give up 4 or more this week then those who scoffed at the notion the line would'nt do this may need to rethink their opinion on the matter. Oakland's front line is better than KCs so in theory KC should give up at least 4 sacks. KC has given 11 already or 3.6 sacks a game this year and averaged 2 per game last year.

Seeing that Carr was sacked 1.1 times a game last year for 18 sacks and averaging 1 a game this year to give up 4 in a single game it is a little out of the norms for this line.

If KC doesn't give up 4 or more this week then those who scoffed at the notion the line would'nt do this may need to rethink their opinion on the matter. Oakland's front line is better than KCs so in theory KC should give up at least 4 sacks. KC has given 11 already or 3.6 sacks a game this year and averaged 2 per game last year.

I'm not sure it works like that. Oakland was playing from behind the whole game. Washington didn't have to respect the run and could bring all kinds of pressure. They had 23 yards rushing on 8 carries. I doubt we will give up 4 sacks, but it doesn't mean we have a better line than Oakland.

I'm not sure it works like that. Oakland was playing from behind the whole game. Washington didn't have to respect the run and could bring all kinds of pressure. They had 23 yards rushing on 8 carries. I doubt we will give up 4 sacks, but it doesn't mean we have a better line than Oakland.

Normally I would probably agree but Carr was sacked on back to back plays (within 7 minutes of the game starting) in the 1st Quarter only down by 7.

His 3rd and 4th sack came when they were down 21-0 in the same series.

This narrative would not surprise me coming from a Jack Del Rio team.

Archived