It was terrible.

Immediately before I hit 'post', I changed "terrible" to "consistently poor". I imagined I would get less push-back for it.

There continue to be Chiefs fans that think Alex Smith's protection has been adequate. It's nice to see you distancing yourself from such apologetic arguments.

Immediately before I hit 'post', I changed "terrible" to "consistently poor". I imagined I would get less push-back for it.

There continue to be Chiefs fans that think Alex Smith's protection has been adequate. It's nice to see you distancing yourself from such apologetic arguments.

I call it how I see it. Alex had no time. Kelce had one reception. That can't happen.

I also blame Reid. He doesn't let the line get a rythym either by his weird play calling. Establish the run and get the defense on their heels.

5th year with Reid and we still have a struggling OL? I'm tired of this excuse.

But look at the Raiders tonight, supposedly having one of the best in the league & they got tossed around, allowing pressure & sacks like none other.

Chiefs are at the top of the West. Feels good with next week's Monday night Prime Time looming. can't wait to see how Arrowhead welcomes the team team that smacked around some black Raider ass.

OL is built for agility and they get good blocks in the open field but they don't seem to be beefed up to handle the pass protection. Hopefully they'll adjust and an upgrade at LG will help soon but after 2013 our OL has always been one dimensional which is worrisome.

But look at the Raiders tonight, supposedly having one of the best in the league & they got tossed around, allowing pressure & sacks like none other.

Chiefs are at the top of the West. Feels good with next week's Monday night Prime Time looming. can't wait to see how Arrowhead welcomes the team team that smacked around some black Raider ass.

I'm almost happy I dont get ESPN.. Chiefs are gonna lay an egg sooner or later in front of the country and at home

To be fair, the Chiefs have played out two of their three opening weeks of the season with two second-string offensive linemen. Provided everyone else can stay healthy, this line will be better once Ehinger and Morse are back on the field (and Fulton and Witzmann are off of it, although I definitely like Witzmann more than I liked Jah Reid).

To be fair, the Chiefs have played out two of their three opening weeks of the season with two second-string offensive linemen. Provided everyone else can stay healthy, this line will be better once Ehinger and Morse are back on the field (and Fulton and Witzmann are off of it, although I definitely like Witzmann more than I liked Jah Reid).

Good point, we didn't have Morse our Ehringer our usual starters at C and G.

The defense stepped up this game. It's growing tiresome to see the rest of the team having to redeem consistently poor protection by the offensive line.

The great thing about football is it's a team sport and there are 3 phases. How many times have we seen, not only on the Chiefs but all teams where one phase pulls the others out.

The St. Louis SB Rams had a shitty D but their O was high flying. The 2015 Doncos, average at best O but their D pulled their butts out of the fire. Just yesterday Philly kicks a 61 yard FG to win their game.

The NE game the O and D picked up special teams. Philly, one could say that win was a product of all 3 phases and yesterday Hunts last minut run put it out of reach but the Ds turnovers were major in the win.

I'm almost happy I dont get ESPN.. Chiefs are gonna lay an egg sooner or later in front of the country and at home

OT, after all these years you and Wilkie are rubbing off on me. I'm glad the Chiefs are winning and am enjoying this season, but sooner or later they will lose. Andy Reid will do something we don't like, Alex Smith may mess up, or a combination of things. This attitude does not make me enjoy the Chiefs any less, but it does prepare me for when they eventually lose.  Having said that, I do think the Chiefs have a solid team this year, how solid is yet to be determined. 

OT, after all these years you and Wilkie are rubbing off on me. I'm glad the Chiefs are winning and am enjoying this season, but sooner or later they will lose. Andy Reid will do something we don't like, Alex Smith may mess up, or a combination of things. This attitude does not make me enjoy the Chiefs any less, but it does prepare me for when they eventually lose.  Having said that, I do think the Chiefs have a solid team this year, how solid is yet to be determined. 

Fight It Man Fight It!!!!

And next week it gets even tougher. Josh Norman and the redskins dline. 

Is the 'Skins line better than Fletcher Cox or Bosa/Ingram?  There's someone tough every week and Washington doesn't scare me any more than the last two opposing D-lines.  The Chiefs O-line won't be good until Morse and Ehinger come back 100% and the line gels with them.  Until then, Reid has to plan ways to deter the pass rush for the offense to produce.

Next 7 Games may be the most difficult schedule KC has recently faced. Honestly 5-2 would be an amazing accomplishment.  4-3 not that bad either.  That would put KC at 7-3 heading into an easier part of the schedule.

It's always fun to look ahead at the schedule although team fortunes usually change before the actual games arrive.  KC should win the next two games.  The law of averages would suggest that they lay an egg in one of them, but playing at home and against a less than average Houston team gives them good chances.  The next four are killers.  Hopefully, they can win at home against DEN and maybe the Cowboys will stay in a funk.  Winning at PIT is the biggest test followed by playing in Oakland.  The Raiders won't always look like they did against the 'Skins and PIT is a huge test for the KC run defense.  Maybe by the time of the Giants game, the Giants will be out of the race and not so fired up.  7-3 is likely and I agree that it should lead to a shot at the division title.  When teams stack the box against Hunt like they did to JC several years ago, the Chiefs have a few other weapons that can make defenses pay.  I'm looking forward to an exciting division race.  One thing about starting 3-0 or better is that the toughest road games aren't "must win" situations but rather they are bonuses if the Chiefs win.

Is the 'Skins line better than Fletcher Cox or Bosa/Ingram?  There's someone tough every week and Washington doesn't scare me any more than the last two opposing D-lines.  The Chiefs O-line won't be good until Morse and Ehinger come back 100% and the line gels with them.  Until then, Reid has to plan ways to deter the pass rush for the offense to produce.

They seem to be a better overall team on both offense and defense from what I've seen against the Raiders and their defense look to have stopped some high scoring offenses so tough to dismiss them. I don't think they will be too tough to handle though but our OL looked like a bottomfeeder.

Archived