Penalties

They seem to have been an issue during the Reid years. This year seems excessive, though.

Not sure how they clean it up.

Andy has been here 4 years. During that time we have been 5th, 9th 15th and 19th in penalties per game, and we have never been worse than 11th in penalty yards per game. The other 3 years we were top ten in least penalty yards per game. I think it just seems worse than it is to us because we are Chiefs fans.

The referees were bad across the league yesterday.  Was not a banner day for officials. 

Is is probably worse because I'm a fan, but the Chiefs are no stranger to getting flagged more often than normal. 

Playing on the road is also a factor.

Just clean up the PF and false starts while working on fundamentals to get less holding calls going forward is all you can do as a team.

It is frustrating to watch our DL and pass rushers week in and week out get held w/o calls.

Yesterday's game:

Net yards passing- 122

Penalty yards- 122

And a W.

259 Net passing/79 penalty yards - Loss

235 Net passing/40 penalty yards - Loss

264 Net passing/68 penalty yards - Loss

336 Net passing/137 penalty yards - Loss

373 Net passing/ 98 penalty yards - Loss

I hope your point is too many penalties and not to few passing yards. I remember hearing over and over again that QBs are rated on wins and losses.

And a W.

259 Net passing/79 penalty yards - Loss

235 Net passing/40 penalty yards - Loss

264 Net passing/68 penalty yards - Loss

336 Net passing/137 penalty yards - Loss

373 Net passing/ 98 penalty yards - Loss

I hope your point is too many penalties and not to few passing yards. I remember hearing over and over again that QBs are rated on wins and losses.

My point is too many penalty yards. Put that up there as perspective. Net passing yards is a reflection of the team not the QB. Don't worry Alex is playing well this year so far.

Archived