Predicting the Next 7 games

Looks like all 7 will be on TV in So Cal. Very tough Schedule. Would like to see Hill returning all kicks.

So far no special teams scores or defense scores. I think that changes.

Chiefs go 5-2 

A healthy Houston is the big difference! 

What say you?

Nelson and Berry out leaves us weak in run support and succeptable to play action. That's not good vs Pitt team we don't matchup well with on offense. Short week road game at Raiders is brutal and a probable loss. Cowboys present similiar problems as Steelers on offense. Call Skins game a toss up after the way they looked last week.

I'll go 8-2 or 7-3. Hopefully we get Nelson back after this and Ehringer should also help as well. Not to mention Tamba? Our schedule isn't tough at all the last 6 weeks.

Hi guys, new on the forum. I'm of the opinion that we just have to take one game at a time and see what happens. During the Chargers game the commentator called us "the best team in the league", and he said it for a reason. Right now we're riding on a crest of a wave and in Hill, Hunt and Kelce we have a trio that is perhaps the most in-form/fearsome trio in the league right now. I just believe that Hunt has taken us to a different level and has thrown the normal rule book out of the window. The more we win, the more confident this team will become. Yes, some teams will present different questions of which Andy will have to find the answers for. But having gone to NE and completely dominated the champions/Brady, who else is there to fear? 

The great thing about these three games thus far is we've been solid as a rock in defence and our offence has been frightening at times. We've also got stronger as the game has gone on and held our nerve when things have been a little sketchy. All this should stand us in good stead for the battles ahead.  

Not all teams figured us out yet. With a different aspect of our game suffering every week I'm not confident in a 7-0 but it's not too far fetched either. 5-2 seems more likely as some tougher teams sure will cause us major problems. I think the key point right now is to fix the OL as they don't stand much chance against a tough opponent and we are facing 3 solid DLs in this stretch one of them being a division game.

Prior to game 1, my biggest doubt was offensive output. The D was the one thing I felt totally confident with. Funny how injuries flip the script, along with the offense finding the success they have. I know many aren't impressed with Bob Sutton, but I feel like our success will hinge on his ability to gel the D. My prediction is 5-2 with the 2 losses coming from any of the 7...

8-2 after ten games would be very good and seems a little high.  Having Berry out and still no Morse of Ehinger cuts the odds of the Chiefs winning that many games.  Of course, the Chiefs did go on a long win streak last year without JC or Houston so who knows?

We have been very lucky so far, there's no way we win half these games :D

Prior to game 1, my biggest doubt was offensive output. The D was the one thing I felt totally confident with. Funny how injuries flip the script, along with the offense finding the success they have. I know many aren't impressed with Bob Sutton, but I feel like our success will hinge on his ability to gel the D. My prediction is 5-2 with the 2 losses coming from any of the 7...

The defense was much more impressive than the offense in our most recent victory.  The offense has the capability, as they have shown, but I have serious doubts about the offense being able to be extremely productive on a regular basis.  The NE high was the ceiling for this offense, but most certainly not the norm.  Sunday's game was the opposite end of the spectrum.  The offense should truly be somewhere in between. 

Losing Berry really hurts for a number of reasons. Bad thing is that Nelson brings physicality and cover skills to help offset this and we lose him as well. So right now the defense is a work in progress and Sutton figures out what he has. Tyreek has just stepped up his game as our only legit WR. Obviously Hunt has exploded onto the scene and given Andy the big play RB his offense needs and hasn't had for several years. Alex has played great as well. Oline is a little discouraging after a good first week. 

Schedule-wise, the toughest matchup will be in Oakland.

Berry was an overpriced luxury. Of the team's top-ten contracts, his position had the best depth backing it. You can't say the same about LT (Fisher), RT (Schwartz), TE (Kelce), QB (Smith), DT (Logan), OLB (Houston), DE (Bailey), or FS (Parker).

If the Chiefs can get healthy, the offensive line can start pass protecting, and special teams can start being special, there's no reason this team can't keep winning week after week.

Usually agree with you, but I'm going to reserve my optimism. I heard this about Gaines and that dude sucks.

Nelson is the real deal in my opinion. Good tackler who can handle the slot really well and was clearly getting better. If he can't come back  healthy this season it's a big blow we may need to address via trade. Sounds promising though he will be able to return in earnest. Gaines has flashed some really good cover skills in man to man, but absolutely never shown any ability to locate the ball and regressed last season in coverage. 

Lots can happen in the next seven weeks, but if the Chiefs enter week 10 at or near the top of their division, they will have the easiest path to winning it at the end.  Just gotta survive these next six weeks and hope the injury bugs doesn't bite too hard.  Both the Donks and Raiders have very rough patches later in the season.

Archived