Areas you'd like to see strengthened/player trade thread

I know it's still early in the season and we're doing incredibly well at the moment. But I'm of the opinion that a good side never stops thinking about improving. So I was wondering which areas of the team yall would like to see strengthened? And what potential players would you trade out and like to see us target from other sides? 

If Mahomes starts next year, I would like a trade more than a cut, obviously for Smith. Higher round the better and that's our only goal, but if to the NFC team that he can start and win, I'd like that. Again, best compensation first and foremost, but he's a good guy that I'd like to do good by (yes, we've already treated him well).

If Mahomes starts next year, I would like a trade more than a cut, obviously for Smith. Higher round the better and that's our only goal, but if to the NFC team that he can start and win, I'd like that. Again, best compensation first and foremost, but he's a good guy that I'd like to do good by (yes, we've already treated him well).

He could go in and replace Palmer in AZ. If he takes anymore shots like he did last night they may be looking for a replacement this year.

If/When we trade Smith would you be inclined to bring in another QB to challenge Pat? and if so would it be another young stud or a moderate one?

I personally wouldn't mind seeing us get another first class WR to join up with Hill and Kelce tbh. I think that would take us to a whole different level. Because though Conley has potential, I'm just not sure he'll ever have that "X factor" that all top class WR's have.

If/When we trade Smith would you be inclined to bring in another QB to challenge Pat? and if so would it be another young stud or a moderate one?

I personally wouldn't mind seeing us get another first class WR to join up with Hill and Kelce tbh. I think that would take us to a whole different level. Because though Conley has potential, I'm just not sure he'll ever have that "X factor" that all top class WR's have.

I would hope that Tyler Bray had stepped up, but people who know more about quarterbacks then I have expressed doubt. I know there may be growing pains, but I think Mahmes is mature enough that we would need a backup for injury purposes but not for complacency. But who knows? It couldn't hurt. Get the best quarterback we can to fit the role and cap number.

I would hope that Tyler Bray had stepped up, but people who know more about quarterbacks then I have expressed doubt. I know there may be growing pains, but I think Mahmes is mature enough that we would need a backup for injury purposes but not for complacency. But who knows? It couldn't hurt. Get the best quarterback we can to fit the role and cap number.

I believe that when you have a young starting QB, you need an experienced vet backing them up, not just because possible injuries, but also act as a mentor to help them stay focused and disciplined.

With so many young/rookie QB's starting for their respective teams this season, I've been watching a footage of Pat from both his college days and pre-season with the Chiefs. I'm confident we may have a gem, but I'm wondering who he's working with right now to develop? Is it just a matter of working with Alex day in, day out, and learning? Or are the coaches drilling him individually on the training field to iron out his supposed "bad footwork and mechanics"? He says he's a big fan of Rodgers and many believe he has a lot of Aaron's traits. I just pray he can be half as good for us as Aaron has been for the packers. 

Left guard,   DJ replacement.    More pressing needs.

Unless Ehinger is damaged goods, I think the LG position is okay.  ILB and CB are top requirements and WR might need upgrading depending of how Robinson and the rookie (I can never remember his name) pan out.  If the Chiefs can generate a bidding war over Smith, that would help next season.  There's no potential trades to help this season beyond filling a need with a reject.

Unless Ehinger is damaged goods, I think the LG position is okay. ILB and CB are top requirements and WR might need upgrading depending of how Robinson and the rookie (I can never remember his name) pan out. If the Chiefs can generate a bidding war over Smith, that would help next season. There's no potential trades to help this season beyond filling a need with a reject.

I don't see cb as a top need either unless it's a 3rd in line type of guy.

Mitchell not letting go.

I don't get all this support for Ehinger,he's a 5th round rookie that's not done anything significant to demonstrate suck fan loyalty. Help me understand.

The OL needs obvious help as well as youth in the LB corp for DJ and Hali. Can never be too strong there.

In five games Parker Ehinger demonstrated more upside than Zach Fulton has demonstrated in 54, and more upside than Bryan Witzmann has shown in two-and-a-quarter years in the league. His ACL injury likely will have delayed his physical and mental development by a year, but he's still got more value left on his contract than either Fulton or Witzmann have on theirs.

I hope Fulton has a great year. Perhaps then the Chiefs could recoup some of their surrendered draft capital with a third- or fourth-round compensatory pick.

CB and OLB are major needs right now IMO. We need to address them in the offseason since it's almost impossible to find some talent there right now. If there's a player like TJ Watt in next year's draft I hope we land him and wouldn't mind packaging Smith with our 2nd for such a guy in late 1st as it would be a huge boost to our defense. 

We need to find another OG as well. I don't know how Erwing will turn out but we need some solid depth or a starter.

I don't get all this support for Ehinger,he's a 5th round rookie that's not done anything significant to demonstrate suck fan loyalty. Help me understand.

The OL needs obvious help as well as youth in the LB corp for DJ and Hali. Can never be too strong there.

Even in the small sample size he did better than what we have right now. Nobody is sold on him as the next best thing but definitely more hopeful compared to Fulton or Wietzman. 

CB and OLB are major needs right now IMO. We need to address them in the offseason since it's almost impossible to find some talent there right now. If there's a player like TJ Watt in next year's draft I hope we land him and wouldn't mind packaging Smith with our 2nd for such a guy in late 1st as it would be a huge boost to our defense. 

We need to find another OG as well. I don't know how Erwing will turn out but we need some solid depth or a starter.

Who is Erwing?

We all hope Ehringer becomes what we need at the LG spot. But truthfully...who knows? Same with Ragland. I do believe he has the pedigree to take over DJ's spot. He was a stud coming out of Alabama. But who knows? If just those 2 players pan out...we are way further along than realized.

I don't see either as pressing needs. I think Mitchell is very good opposite Peters. And when healthy Nelson is a very good nickel corner. Gaines and Acker are slid as a 4th and 5th corner. So not pressing.

Kpass is the future opposite Houston. Ford is now quality depth and the healthy return of Dadi solidifies us.

Does every starter need to be a first rounder for us suck fans to get excited?

This is going to be one hard rebuild!

I don't see either as pressing needs. I think Mitchell is very good opposite Peters. And when healthy Nelson is a very good nickel corner. Gaines and Acker are slid as a 4th and 5th corner. So not pressing.

Kpass is the future opposite Houston. Ford is now quality depth and the healthy return of Dadi solidifies us.

As I said both positions are major needs right now, don't know how the youngsters will progress later on. If a decent guy is up for a trade I would probably pull the trigger, especially for a CB. There's always the possibility of keeping Mitchell after this year but he'll want to get paid.

If Kpass turns out to be our next starter at OLB that will be great but otherwise I think we'll have to invest in the position very soon. Still don't know if he'll end up at DL or LB as we are yet to see him. I liked Dadi last year but he'll have to show some major progress to stick as the rotational pass rusher and I think Ford will be very questionable going forward. It's tough to find someone like Houston but we at least need another OLB who can stop the run opposite to him.

I forgot to add NT to the list, Logan is a free agent after this season so we might have to throw that into the mix but I'm guessing they keep him with the cap space.

Archived