Areas you'd like to see strengthened/player trade thread

As I said both positions are major needs right now, don't know how the youngsters will progress later on. If a decent guy is up for a trade I would probably pull the trigger, especially for a CB. There's always the possibility of keeping Mitchell after this year but he'll want to get paid.

If Kpass turns out to be our next starter at OLB that will be great but otherwise I think we'll have to invest in the position very soon. Still don't know if he'll end up at DL or LB as we are yet to see him. I liked Dadi last year but he'll have to show some major progress to stick as the rotational pass rusher and I think Ford will be very questionable going forward. It's tough to find someone like Houston but we at least need another OLB who can stop the run opposite to him.

I forgot to add NT to the list, Logan is a free agent after this season so we might have to throw that into the mix but I'm guessing they keep him with the cap space.

It's a passing league. Pay Mitchell within reason.

I think another to notch WR is needed. I wish we could have gotten in on Sammy Watkins.

I was hoping we land Boldin, he would have been a huge boost with a 2-year contract. Surprised we didn't make a move for Watkins considering that we are now willing to trade away picks for young players. 

With those two out of the picture, have any other targets in mind? 

If I'm not mistaken Watkins will be a free agent after this season but he will either be terrible at LA or get resigned. 

My candidates for the Chiefs are:

Larry Fitzgerald: Played at a very high level for a contender so has a lot of experience. I can see him signing an average deal for a shot at the title. Mahomes needs an experienced receiver and Kelce is right now our top guy who doesn't look like would be helpful for a young QB.

Jordan Matthews: I was very high on him coming out of college and he was actually good in Philly so could be a nice pickup.

Devante Adams: They probably won't pay him with Nelson and Cobb in the mix so might end up walking. Won't be very cheap after last year but who knows. 

Martavis Bryant: Probably leaves to be a #1 WR somewhere with a big paycheck but with quite a few Steelers WRs not living up to their contracts without Big Ben he might slip by.

Archived