College football prospects watch!!!

Yeah just thought I'd create a thread so we could discuss potential players that our beloved Chiefs might want to take a look at ahead of next years draft? In the last few years, it almost seems like the heavens have given us a bunch of gifts in Hill and Hunt (and maybe Pat too) . With Dorsey now gone, lord knows what will happen. I'm sure we will be fine, but that doesn't mean we as fans can't help out a little and identify a few gems ourselves that we could put forward to the powers that be if possible? 

So let's use this thread to post about players you might have seen that you like the look of, I'll go first.

As I've said previously, I'd like to see another top class WR to combine with Kelce and Hill, so with that In mind....

Name: Courtland Sutton

Position: Wide Receiver

College: SMU

Video:

Info: HERE

Thoughts

Depending on the season he has this year, I think he may well be a first-round pick. So we may have to wheel and deal to get a chance at him. But I look at his fundamentals and he looks very impressive to me. Has a high leap, goes past players regularly, makes intelligent runs and has a little "Odell" in him with his ball catching skills in the N-Zone. 

I usually start scouting college guys toward end of their season. I do agree that WR is well up on the list of priorities. I think another stud CB would be nice, and we may need to look at OLB depending on how Fords season and contract situation play out.

Yeah, I just thought I'd start this thread so we as fans could play scouts ourselves, then possibly at the end of the college season email our findings to Veach? (I have his email address so I will forward every single suggestion on this thread to him) I know we have a plethora of scouts everywhere probably, but sometimes there's a diamond in the rough that folks might not think is that great. Or there could be a talent out there making waves that we could encourage our guys to really take seriously. Reid and Veach will have their own ideas of course, but as we love the team so much why not lend a hand? My view is the more eyes you have on the prize, the better your chances are of winning it. The whole point is, let's do all we can to make sure our folks see every decent talent they can, so at least when we go into the draft, we as fans will know we did our part. 

Anyway yeah, with Hill, Hunt and Kelce, we have a great trio there on our hands. IF we get a young, talented WR to compliment them. One who actually scores touchdowns, evades tackles, as well as having the intelligence to create space and good catching abilities down the field, then I think we'd be even more incredible to watch than we already are. 

Ok so another kid I'm eyeing

Name: Christian Kirk

Position: WR

College: Texas A&M

Video:

Info: HERE

Thoughts

The kid looks like a top prospect to me. Elusive, quick, direct and fearless. He's doing very well at Texas by all accounts so it will be interesting to see if he decides to enter the draft for 2018. He'll be 21 but might decide to wait another year. If he doesn't then he's certainly worth looking at. 

I think 2018 will be very defense oriented. With a full year under their belts a lot of young WRs on the roster will mature. Offense needs fatties right now and defense needs a CB and a couple LBs, which all look to be higher priorities. 

We're already pretty good defensively though. So where's the harm in making one of our first two picks be a top attacking talent? Conley doesn't score enough touchdowns and the other WR's in Chesson, Thomas, Robinson etc might mature to be decent, but in order to win superbowls you need your WR's to be more than just "decent". We have a great talent in Hill already. Pair him with another dynamic WR and we'd be almost unstoppable.

It doesn't need to be one or the other. We can get a top class WR and STILL get good defensive players aswell. But anyway, feel free to add any defensive prospects you may have spotted recently.

We're already pretty good defensively though. So where's the harm in making one of our first two picks be a top attacking talent? Conley doesn't score enough touchdowns and the other WR might mature to be decent, but in order to win superbowls you need your WR's to be more than just "decent". We have a great talent in Hill already. Pair him with another dynamic WR and we'd be almost unstoppable.

It doesn't need to be one or the other. We can get a top class WR and STILL get good defensive players aswell. But anyway, feel free to add any defensive prospects you may have spotted recently.

Another WR in the mix will be a need but I doubt a rookie WR will help us in the short term. I'm hoping for a Boldin-like FA signing to handle that duty for us as the group is just way too young and looks like Reid wants to spend some time with young receivers before giving them major work. 

Mitchell and Logan are FAs so unless at least one of them stays we'll have to use the 2nd on that position and might have to give up an extra pick as our 2nd will be quite late. Since we'll have some cap space with Smith and Hali leaving both could stay and provide some flexibility but way too early to predict that. 

Another WR in the mix will be a need but I doubt a rookie WR will help us in the short term. I'm hoping for a Boldin-like FA signing to handle that duty for us as the group is just way too young and looks like Reid wants to spend some time with young receivers before giving them major work. 

Mitchell and Logan are FAs so unless at least one of them stays we'll have to use the 2nd on that position and might have to give up an extra pick as our 2nd will be quite late. Since we'll have some cap space with Smith and Hali leaving both could stay and provide some flexibility but way too early to predict that. 

I dunno, I see what you're saying about the group being young. But to me, that's what makes us so exciting. Because if Hill, Hunt, Peters, Mitchell, Jones etc are doing extremely well aged 25, 22, 23 and so forth, then what will they be doing in a few years time as they grow together? That's what's so exciting. And I think there's nothing like a young, flashy receiver debuting in the NFL. We found Hill so it's just a matter of whether we can find another one? That's the question I have in my mind. If we do then I don't believe that many defences will be able to cope with us tbh.

I dunno, I see what you're saying about the group being young. But to me, that's what makes us so exciting. Because if Hill, Hunt, Peters, Mitchell, Jones etc are doing extremely well aged 25, 22, 23 and so forth, then what will they be doing in a few years time as they grow together? That's what's so exciting. And I think there's nothing like a young, flashy receiver debuting in the NFL. We found Hill so it's just a matter of whether we can find another one? That's the question I have in my mind. If we do then I don't believe that many defences will be able to cope with us tbh.

The thing is our 1st pick will probably be lower than #60 so I doubt any flashy offensive player will last that long. There's always a chance to land someone who slips but Conley-like project WR is the best we can hope for in that situation. Going depth/project players in 2018 and picking up a flashy new offensive toy for Mahomes early in 2019 but obviously we can never know so early. First let's see the depth in this draft class.

The entire young group growing together sure will help us big in upcoming years. Mahomes and all our young WRs are working on the same style and it's definitely easier to learn and adjust when the guys are so young. 

The thing is our 1st pick will probably be lower than #60 so I doubt any flashy offensive player will last that long. There's always a chance to land someone who slips but Conley-like project WR is the best we can hope for in that situation. Going depth/project players in 2018 and picking up a flashy new offensive toy for Mahomes early in 2019 but obviously we can never know so early. First let's see the depth in this draft class.

The entire young group growing together sure will help us big in upcoming years. Mahomes and all our young WRs are working on the same style and it's definitely easier to learn and adjust when the guys are so young. 

Aren't we allowed to trade a player for another teams first round pick though? If so then maybe we could use Alex Smith for that? Looking at a few draft projections for next year, it's looking increasingly likely that a lot of teams will be falling over themselves to get QB's and defensive players in the first round. So I believe a decent WR is bound to slip through the net and into the second round if our pick in round one remains off the table. 

The most hyped up WR's at the moment seem to be Kirk, Washington and Ridley. They may be gone by the time it's our turn to pick but I've got a feeling Sutton might still be there for us tbh and imo he may be the best of the bunch. 

Aren't we allowed to trade a player for their first round pick though? If so then maybe we could use Alex Smith for that? Looking at a few draft projections for next year, it's looking increasingly likely that a lot of teams will be falling over themselves to get a QB and defensive players in the first round. So I believe a decent WR is bound to slip through the net and into the second round if our pick in round one remains off the table. 

The most hyped up WR's at the moment seem to be Kirk, Washington and Ridley. They may be gone by the time it's our turn to pick but I've got a feeling Sutton might still be there for us tbh and imo he may be the best of the bunch. 

I can see us get a 2nd for Smith if he keeps up the current form but doubt we could get anything better for a 34-year old guy. If we can get a mid 2nd someone might fall but that's too optimistic of a prediction just yet. May be after the season when we see what Smith can bring. 

I can see us get a 2nd for Smith if he keeps up the current form but doubt we could get anything better for a 34-year old guy. If we can get a mid 2nd someone might fall but that's too optimistic of a prediction just yet. May be after the season when we see what Smith can bring. 

What about Spencer Ware? With the incredible Kareem Hunt looking like a superstar, Ware's days as a starter may well be over. If he's healthy in the off-season would he be worth trading for a pick too? And what other options would you say we have to use as leverage? 

Also, would Reid bring in a rookie QB to cover Pat? Or get an experienced free agent? 

Depending on if he falls a bit to the second and we get a higher second round pick or move up....i would like to go after Josey Jewell, ILB from Iowa who can cover, tackle, fill the whole etc. If he keeps it up though he will be gone before middle of the 1st.

What about Spencer Ware? With the incredible Kareem Hunt looking like a superstar, Ware's days as a starter may well be over. If he's healthy in the off-season would he be worth trading for a pick too? And what other options would you say we have to use as leverage? 

Also, would Reid bring in a rookie QB to cover Pat? Or get an experienced free agent? 

Next QB is an interesting point. Looks like Bray won't be around much longer so I'm guessing both a vet and a new rookie will be on the roster for 2018.

Ware might bring in a mid round pick which would be great but doesn't have enough sample size to make a splash. He could simply be a steal for some other team if let go. 

Shhh!!! He's not 34 until after the trade. Want to keep that on the down-low. He's 33!

Yes, I'm kidding, of course.

Archived