I must admit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else feel that something happened between the Redskins defense and Smith? It seemed more chippy than usual. I think it was the reason why Smith didn't just go down or out of bounds at the end of the half.

I thought that him not going out of bounds was dumb because he could've gotten injured. I also thought that the late hit later in the game might have been frustrations from the Redskins for that. It put a target on his back ( more than it already is for a quarterback). Not only was it a late hit and hard, but he kept pulling on Smith's throwing arm. When he ran the ball in, I was worried that his arm was shot. The pass on the negated play (neutral zone infraction) wasn't exactly a good one.

I know it was an overall physical game so maybe I'm just saying something.

In the press conference, a reporter asked about the toughness that he saw from Smith, something that he "had not seen much in recent years." Say what you will, but that's a bunch of horseshit. Smith has been one of the toughest quarterbacks as far as taking hits, playing through injury, and physical toughness. He's also shown a lot of mental toughness. I guess the reporter wasn't really watching. Smith smiled and sarcastically finished the thought, "soft." I don't think he answered the rest of the question. He had too much experience to get baited or upset publicly. I think even privately, he probably shrugs it off and it just becomes part of the chip on his shoulder.

Man I have to admit, Smith balled out there.  He was getting harassed and making plays, when he had time he was making plays and look at the end of the day against a great defense he drove down with 40 seconds left to win the game.  He also brought us back from 10-0 when we looked completely flat, how huge was that 3rd down throw for our first down of the game to Kelce over the middle.  Smith was a new man out there last night.

Anyone else feel that something happened between the Redskins defense and Smith? It seemed more chippy than usual. I think it was the reason why Smith didn't just go down or out of bounds at the end of the half.

I thought that him not going out of bounds was dumb because he could've gotten injured. I also thought that the late hit later in the game might have been frustrations from the Redskins for that. It put a target on his back ( more than it already is for a quarterback). Not only was it a late hit and hard, but he kept pulling on Smith's throwing arm. When he ran the ball in, I was worried that his arm was shot. The pass on the negated play (neutral zone infraction) wasn't exactly a good one.

I know it was an overall physical game so maybe I'm just saying something.

In the press conference, a reporter asked about the toughness that he saw from Smith, something that he "had not seen much in recent years." Say what you will, but that's a bunch of horseshit. Smith has been one of the toughest quarterbacks as far as taking hits, playing through injury, and physical toughness. He's also shown a lot of mental toughness. I guess the reporter wasn't really watching. Smith smiled and sarcastically finished the thought, "soft." I don't think he answered the rest of the question. He had too much experience to get baited or upset publicly. I think even privately, he probably shrugs it off and it just becomes part of the chip on his shoulder.

He was sending a message. He's a competitor!

Archived