And down goes Carr

Derek Carr went for X-rays on his injured back and expects to have an MRI later this week.

Carr didn't return after exiting in the third quarter Sunday at Denver and admitted he was still in a lot of pain after the game. Coach Jack Del Rio downplayed the injury, saying Carr just had back spasms. The injury occurred on a sack by Broncos DE Shelby Harris. E.J. Manuel will start at QB if Carr can't go next week against the Ravens.

Carr didn't return after exiting in the third quarter Sunday at Denver and admitted he was still in a lot of pain after the game. Coach Jack Del Rio downplayed the injury, saying Carr just had back spasms. The injury occurred on a sack by Broncos DE Shelby Harris. E.J. Manuel will start at QB if Carr can't go next week against the Ravens.

I didn't see the play where Carr got injured, but I can say that this is why I refuse to justify calls for a quarterback to "stand tough" in the pocket when his offensive line is playing a substandard game. When is one good play ever worth losing your starting quarterback for the rest of the game, several games, or even the whole season? It's been many years since a backup quarterback won the Super Bowl.

I had that game on but wasn't paying that much attention to it, while doing other things. I saw Carr walk off the field under his own power so hopefully it's not serious. I'm with fanatic, I want to face the Raiders at full force, it's funner that way. Having said that, the Chiefs so far haven't really had much trouble with the Raiders even with Carr.

Hope Xen doesn't ban me, but Carr did take a knee......right in the middle of his back when he was going down. He was walking funny on the way to the locker room, but it was probably just a bruise according to Del Rio.

He has numbness in his legs

Hope Xen doesn't ban me, but Carr did take a knee......right in the middle of his back when he was going down. He was walking funny on the way to the locker room, but it was probably just a bruise according to Del Rio.

Is Del Rio trying to play some gamesmanship to not let the next team know who is going to quarterback? Does he not know? Or is he questioning Carr's toughness like 9ers Nolan questioned Smith when he had a grade three torn throwing shoulder? All I know is that Del Rio has been a jerk before.

it was just back spasms for Carr, he'll be fine.

The more interesting story out of that game for me was just how bad the game was.

Denver couldn't pull away from EJ Manuel and the rest of the Oakland back ups at home?

ggggrrrroooaaaannnn....

a few raider fans i know said it appeared to them that the O-Line was providing better protection when EJ was in...i do not need to finish this statement

Did the coach light a fire in them for getting Carr injured and so they stepped up for Manuel or are we going to go all-flag on this?

Archived