Every time I see Deshuan Watson

Stupid last second TD makes people who didn't watch think that the puntTD was the difference. They needed the two point conversion to get within 8, so even taking 7 away from our punt return would have then lose by one at the buzzer (or three if we stop the conversion attempt).

3 garbage Jump balls. All could Have been intercepted

3 garbage Jump balls. All could Have been intercepted

I'm fine with deflection, in fact 2 of them should have been deflected. Just a couple mistakes by our defense and Watson looks like a star. I like his performance so far but I think there's quite a bit of hype as well.

Second half of the Patriots game, there would be a drop-off with Mahomes. Since then, Mahomes could easily outplay Smith overall. Different styles and I could easily live with the growing pains. We'd still be 3-0. Just my Opinion of course.

It's Alex's team for now...I'm not looking for him to screw things up or get hurt. I only wish he'd play less in the shell he lives in and keep his eyes downfield. He's proven he can do it and yet he rarely does. It's maddening and games could be much less tense with this defense if he'd just open up.

Watson would still be on the bench as well in KC.

That's the Alex Smith from the second half of the Patriots game! Fantastic performance! Keep it up! It's so refreshing to see him keeping his eyes downfield. He truly is a different QB to watch when he does. Safe and conservative has won us a ton of games for sure. This type of play can win in the post season.

Watson got some serious help to pad those stats but there is no denying that he has potential. Good luck to him, except against us.

Teams don't know much about the rookie QBs and they are mostly afterthoughts, therefore QBs like Watson or RG3 have the chance to catch the opponent off-guard. It won't be as easy once they start adjusting to him.

So far I like what I've seen from Watson. He has a winning attitude which makes an important difference, but we'll have to see if he's the next Newton or RG3. Mobility is very important but the QB must be able to make things happen with his arm rather than his legs in most cases, otherwise the shelf life is very short. 

I think Mahomes will be a different type of QB. The reports had him as the next Favre in terms of arm talent but he looked more like Rodgers in preseason, which is a lot better IMO considering our offensive scheme. I think the focus should be getting a solid franchise QB out of him rather than comparisons to Watson. 

I agree with this. I would like to add that I think teams are doing a better job of adjusting their Pro offenses to account for some college offenses to help the learning process. However, it's year 2-4 where we see a more accurate picture of what type of NFL QB said players are. Teams have a whole season of film to breakdown and prepare. We have witnessed dozens of QB's that the Chiefs "should have" drafted based off of their first season performance to later say "glad we didn't draft him for QB." Watson is playing well, but whether or not he will be better than any QB drafted this year is years away from knowing.

That's the Alex Smith from the second half of the Patriots game! Fantastic performance! Keep it up! It's so refreshing to see him keeping his eyes downfield. He truly is a different QB to watch when he does. Safe and conservative has won us a ton of games for sure. This type of play can win in the post season.

Watson got some serious help to pad those stats but there is no denying that he has potential. Good luck to him, except against us.

The Alex in the Indianapolis Colts playoff game, The Niners–Saints game, the Patriots game, and this game is why I thought that we used conservative for the boring regular season and would turn it on in the playoffs. But then the Pittsburgh game happened and we did it too late in the Patriots playoffs game two years ago. (Yes, I realize the two games this year was after the Pittsburgh game.)

So there is a time and place for "don't lose the game" and a different time for take over but it is hard to make a switch in game and there are too many games where a winnable game becomes one in danger. I'm not saying you " turn on "efficiency or turn on good play. I just mean be aggressive or not.

But let's do it now in the regular season and continue it in the playoffs.

Watson is special.  Not just his considerable talent, but he has that certain something that makes him a winner and a leader.  His performance against Alabama in last year's championship game was a classic.  He has a chance to be a leading QB for years to come.  With all that, Houston has lost three games with an above average defense.  They have the receivers and okay RBs so Watson has no excuse for losing except his inexperience.  

Mahomes has a chance to be elite.  If the Chiefs can keep a good team around him, I think he can be more than Watson.  His arm is better.  His coach is much better.  He seems willing to listen and learn.  Give him time and he'll be racking up some big numbers.  The Chiefs took the right guy considering Alex is here this year.

BTW:  Houston's coaching is horrible.

I must admit.. I fully expected Dorsey and Reid to select Deshaun Watson. Watson has a style similar to Donovan McNabb. And maybe if was just Andy Reid making the pick, there's probably a chance that he does indeed go with Watson.

But thanks to John Dorsey's input, he stood behind Patrick Mahomes, who was more similar in style to HIS type of QB, in the mold of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. I hope it ends up being the right call.

I must admit.. I fully expected Dorsey and Reid to select Deshaun Watson. Watson has a style similar to Donovan McNabb. And maybe if was just Andy Reid making the pick, there's probably a chance that he does indeed go with Watson.

But thanks to John Dorsey's input, he stood behind Patrick Mahomes, who was more similar in style to HIS type of QB, in the mold of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. I hope it ends up being the right call.

Veach is the guy who was pushing for Mahomes after scouting him early. Of course, it was Dorsey's call. I wonder if that's why Dorsey's gone? That Reid wanted Watson?

Veach is the guy who was pushing for Mahomes after scouting him early. Of course, it was Dorsey's call. I wonder if that's why Dorsey's gone? That Reid wanted Watson?

Watson looks decent. Heaving up Hail Marys doesn't impress me.

Mahomes has many more tools in the bag.

Dorsey is gone because of Maclin. Book that.

Watson looks decent. Heaving up Hail Marys doesn't impress me.

Mahomes has many more tools in the bag.

Dorsey is gone because of Maclin. Book that.

Agreed. This was the turning point. Reid did not attend that mans wedding the weekend prior with intentions of letting him go a couple days later. Maclin was Reids guy, and Dorsey used Maclin as a way to free up some much needed cap space, necessary because of the fact that he couldn't handle contracts to save his life, and had completely fucked up our cap situation. On top of playing hardball with some vets deserving of new contracts when he didn't need to, and alienating said players in the process.

Sucks because he had an eye for talent that is probably equaled by very few around football. Veach may be cut from the same cloth though. His work looks good thus far.

Agreed. This was the turning point. Reid did not attend that mans wedding the weekend prior with intentions of letting him go a couple days later. Maclin was Reids guy, and Dorsey used Maclin as a way to free up some much needed cap space, necessary because of the fact that he couldn't handle contracts to save his life, and had completely fucked up our cap situation. On top of playing hardball with some vets deserving of new contracts when he didn't need to, and alienating said players in the process.

Sucks because he had an eye for talent that is probably equaled by very few around football. Veach may be cut from the same cloth though. His work looks good thus far.

Dorsey did have an eye for talent but tbh this years draft, bar Hunt, hasn't really helped us, has it? Kpass, Chesson, Eligwe, Mcquay etc are still just prospects that may or may not be good in the years to come. Now Mahomes might be the one that ends up defining this entire draft if he realises his potential, but I still think we could have done a little better tbh. I hope that's what Veech will bring to the table. Word is he was the one big on Mahames so I hope he continues to look at those hidden gems whilst also striving to bring in solid targets who can go straight into the team aswell. He worked alongside Dorsey and our scouting network for many years so let's pray he can take things to the next level.

Dorsey did have an eye for talent but tbh this years draft, bar Hunt, hasn't really helped us, has it? Kpass, Chesson, Eligwe, Mcquay etc are still just prospects that may or may not be good in the years to come. Now Mahomes might be the one that ends up defining this entire draft if he realises his potential, but I still think we could have done a little better tbh. I hope that's what Veech will bring to the table. Word is he was the one big on Mahames so I hope he continues to look at those hidden gems whilst also striving to bring in solid targets who can go straight into the team aswell. He worked alongside Dorsey and our scouting network for many years so let's pray he can take things to the next level.

I think this year's draft was more of depth development. We have such a deep team talent wise and it is showing by us winning still with key injuries we have had. This is why i am fine giving up late future picks for talent now in areas of need. This will also create great competition for years to come as we can replenish old vets with developed picks like we had this year. If a rookie beats out a vet or replaces one like Hunt did, then it just shows how well we are doing at the draft and keeping our depth with solid talent.

Dorsey did have an eye for talent but tbh this years draft, bar Hunt, hasn't really helped us, has it? Kpass, Chesson, Eligwe, Mcquay etc are still just prospects that may or may not be good in the years to come. Now Mahomes might be the one that ends up defining this entire draft if he realises his potential, but I still think we could have done a little better tbh. I hope that's what Veech will bring to the table. Word is he was the one big on Mahames so I hope he continues to look at those hidden gems whilst also striving to bring in solid targets who can go straight into the team aswell. He worked alongside Dorsey and our scouting network for many years so let's pray he can take things to the next level.

Mahomes is also still just a prospect that may or may not be good in the years to come.

Archived