Defensive frustrations

That is the major difference I see this year. The team is adapting and changing as the game plays out. In the past they had a game plan and seemed to never updat as the game progressed.

Agreed.

Sutton seems to be adapting way better in the 2nd half. I remember last year he would blitz blitz blitz all the time and never adapted strategies, it was maddening. 

This year is a world of difference for everything - especially A Smith. Love him this year

Why is Houston in coverage so much. Let him get after the QB. This frustrates me with Sutton.

Please no more Zombo. He is terrible. No pass rush and soft in run support. I understand Kpass might now be ready but Zombo isn't either and never will be.

Injuries and the Chiefs always start the season slow on defense and gain steam later in the year. 

Plus, the are doing good at making 2nd half adjustments.  KC has now outscored their opponents 52-10 in the 4th QTR this season. 

Injuries and the Chiefs always start the season slow on defense and gain steam later in the year. 

Plus, the are doing good at making 2nd half adjustments.  KC has now outscored their opponents 52-10 in the 4th QTR this season. 

Yep

If the offensive line wasn't struggling so badly, the Chiefs' offense might take a multiple-score lead. Then we could see whether this was a defense playing under pressure or a defense playing to pressure. Sutton's trying to scheme to cover for the loss of an upper-tier strong safety and a good nickle cornerback, and last night he had to play the backup's backup across from Houston.

The Chiefs' defense gave up 20 points to the Redskins in a game where the offense didn't have a lead until the second half. The big play seemed to be where the Chiefs got hurt. Otherwise, they limited the Redskins to 6 plays per drive. More concerning was that they allowed 2.5 points per drive on the Redskins' first 8 drives. In the end, I think that this defense can play better, but the team found a way to win.

The primary problem is not the defense, and health could solve some problems there, too.

Agree here. I think Sutton could be more aggressive at times.

Oline needs to play better. Alex still looked behind that mess.

Dee Ford didn't play? I thought it was one of his better performances. No off sides penalties.

Nope, and we only had a few false starts.????

How and the hell do you jump when you know the count? I know how it happens it was a rhetorical question.

It's easier for the OLine to stay onsides then it is for defensive players so I tend to give him a pass, oline not so much.

I don't love the non aggressive starts we've had but by the end of the game our D has held its own against some formidable offenses.   Getting Ford, Nelson, and Hali back will help a lot.   Gaines is getting a lot of extra reps which is good and will pay off down the stretch.  Hali will help as well even if he's lost a step.    Hoping one of the LB's we've brought in will develop into a competent DJ replacement next year.  That might be a tall order to fill.

This thread should read "offensive frustrations "

Because this defense has been consistent for a couple of years.

The oline play is the most inconsistent thing in recent history.

And drops which showed up this week.

I wonder how many ppl would have wanted Gaines cut had Doctson came down with that TD grab... :P

I have two friends back in KC who argued about Gains last year, it was funny. He was beat physically and there was nothing he could do. Luckily Doctson dropped the pass.

I have two friends back in KC who argued about Gains last year, it was funny. He was beat physically and there was nothing he could do. Luckily Doctson dropped the pass.

I still think Gaines is a practice squad player. I've never seen a good play from him.

This thread should read "offensive frustrations "

Because this defense has been consistent for a couple of years.

The oline play is the most inconsistent thing in recent history.

And drops which showed up this week.

Wasn't Harris the main dropper last night?  I think he lost three in just that game.

Archived