This team is different with Hunt and Smith playing like he is. But before we discuss HFA, they need to prove it and win every home game this year. They should

yep... odds will be better if our oline improves... imagine if smith had just a few more seconds

be good to get ford back asap too

really like our chances just gotta stay healthy

be great to get a three td lead in the 4th every now and then... get mahomas some reps

The line should be better if Morse and Ehinger get back in time to jell into a cohesive unit.  A lot depends on how bad LDTs knee is.  This line will never be a big plus, but they don't have to be perfect, just open a few seams for Hunt and give Smith a little more time to do his thing.  Smith probably will never have 3+ seconds on a consistent basis but he doesn't need it for most of Reid's playbook.

Yep AR is pretty good at playing to an opponent's weakness. Our schedule so far has been mostly against lower-tier defenses... and Smith has been running for his life quite a bit 

Considering Washington has a top 10 defense, maybe this is a sign the offensive line is getting better.

Gonna need it... 3 of our next 4 opponents are in the top 4 defenses in the league.  Good lord this schedule just doesn't leave much breathing room.

We must win home field advantage. The Chiefs are a home town team. Last night was absolutely electric in every corner of the stadium

If I remember correctly, I believe the away games are better win % for us so far under Reid than what we have done at home. I would love HFA, but if we go on the road we are not that bad of shape.

It's not a matter of HFA, Chiefs have successfully failed both at home and on the road in the playoffs for years. We beat the Texans but frankly they were merely a product of easy schedule and some luck. 

The winning mentality that seems to be building this year might be the difference maker when it really matters. Chiefs could be the favorites regardless of the venue but would be great to have the HFA as Arrowhead does make a big difference.

If I remember correctly, I believe the away games are better win % for us so far under Reid than what we have done at home. I would love HFA, but if we go on the road we are not that bad of shape.

2013:  Home 5-3 Road 6-2 Playoffs 0-1 Road

2014:  Home 6-2 Road 3-5

2015:  Home 6-2 Road 5-3 Playoffs 1-1 Road

2016:  Home 6-2 Road 6-2 Playoffs 0-1 Home

So we're still better at home, but not by a lot.

2013:  Home 5-3 Road 6-2 Playoffs 0-1 Road

2014:  Home 6-2 Road 3-5

2015:  Home 6-2 Road 5-3 Playoffs 1-1 Road

2016:  Home 6-2 Road 6-2 Playoffs 0-1 Home

So we're still better at home, but not by a lot.

No matter what the numbers say, I will never believe we have an nearly equal chance of beating teams like New England and Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs as we do at home.

No matter what the numbers say, I will never believe we have an nearly equal chance of beating teams like New England and Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs as we do at home.

I don't disagree, just pointing out the results to date.

We've lost some stupid games at home and won some surprising ones on the road in the Reid era---best example is splitting with Denver in 2015, road team won both.  But overall we're still better at home by just a little bit according to the results, and I bet the actual gap for a playoff game would be greater.

Maybe this year's version of the Chiefs is similar to the 2015 Royals.  The previous year they came close and seemed to start the '15 season with the drive and confidence to take it all the way from the beginning through the world series.  The Chiefs team this year seem just a little more dedicated and confident than in most previous years.  This is Smith's best shot at the SB.  DJ is about done.  Win this year or Alex, Tamba, and DJ may not get another chance.  Doesn't mean they'll go to the SB, but they're doing the right things to get there so far.

Archived