Shit I saw in the Game Thread

I've never understood why people get so negative during the game. Then afterwards we're the greatest team ever. Manic depressive much?

Will there be any kind of moderation for the GDT's?  I really enjoyed posting on the Scout board but the main reason it went to hell was because of all the nonsense that was allowed in the GDTs. 

The mods had their privileges taken away which didn't help, but the GDTs were always a disaster over there.

I was looking for a fresh start over here, but it looks like alot of the problematic posters came over here too.

The thing I hate about it is they make all these ridiculous statements, never own up to being wrong and then get upset and claim they're being attacked when you confront them with facts.

The nonsense in the GDTs will spill over to the rest of this board.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there be any kind of moderation for the GDT's?  I really enjoyed posting on the Scout board but the main reason it went to hell was because of all the nonsense that was allowed in the GDTs. 

The mods had their privileges taken away which didn't help, but the GDTs were always a disaster over there.

I was looking for a fresh start over here, but it looks like alot of the problematic posters came over here too.

The thing I hate about it is they make all these ridiculous statements, never own up to being wrong and then get upset and claim they're being attacked when you confront them with facts.

Yes & define "nonsense".If there are Personal attacks. yes that will be addressed..arguments between two people on whether So & So sucks or not.. thats up to you to look past. I'll use usually check in from time to time and maybe comment but wont read the whole thing. You dont like something report it and we'l look at it then ..note  for along time there was one  person working now there are a couple more so we'll need to get in sync  to be consistent ..thats just me talking cant & wont speak for the other admins or Staff

we do have an ignore feature..if there is someone (s) that you dont want to read..ignore them.

Yes & define "nonsense".If there are Personal attacks. yes that will be addressed..arguments between two people on whether So & So sucks or not.. thats up to you to look past. I'll use usually check in from time to time and maybe comment but wont read the whole thing. You dont like something report it and we'l look at it then ..note  for along time there was one  person working now there are a couple more so we'll need to get in sync  to be consistent ..thats just me talking cant & wont speak for the other admins or Staff

we do have an ignore feature..if there is someone (s) that you dont want to read..ignore them.

I just glanced through the GDT, I really didn't see anything too terrible.  There wasn't any personal attacks towards one person to the other.  Actually, it was pretty normal up and down stuff expected from that type of game.

Color me surprised.

I don't get why people are so upset if people are negative, people look at things glass half empty and glass half full and as in all cases in life the glass half empty people are usually more vocal.  I mean did we not watch the same game, did we struggle and guys made some bad plays and bad play calls happen?  If people are able to voice their displeasure, should the defensive frustrations thread be deleted even though it is bringing up completely valid points but it is 'negative'?

This, a million times this.

As far as the GDTs, it's not that people express frustration or correctly criticize what's going on, it's how over-the-top it is.  When certain people assume that the team is going to lose just because they go down 7-0 or 10-0 in the first quarter or even when they're ahead but they give up a score and a drive stalls, at some point you're not having anything remotely resembling a worthwhile conversation.  The idea that people need an outlet where they can throw tantrums is just not something I buy into.  And even if I did, it makes the whole board toxic.  That's what happened at Scout.

Meh. You have to get other guys involved. If you only ever run plays to the same guys teams will key in on that pretty quickly.

Those 3 drops were huge swings. Play calling looked fine to me. And I'm usually killing Andy for his calls. He's gotten nuch better. Again, those drops were killers.

My problem with the game day threads on Scout was that many people's posts seem like they were trying to set themselves up for saying "I told you so." I mean, I can tell you that we are going to lose and that it will be because of clock management, read, Smith, the defense fallone, being embarrassed on national television, etc. and then when we win say that I'm really happy. It doesn't work that way in my opinion.

I'm not saying that one must predict we are going to win or not blame anybody. But rather I like game day threads that talk about what just happened or what is happening in the game that don't seem to be predictive of the result at least until it is way out of hand. And last year's opener showed that 23 points was not out of hand if are playing a Chargers team.

As far as the GDTs, it's not that people express frustration or correctly criticize what's going on, it's how over-the-top it is. When certain people assume that the team is going to lose just because they go down 7-0 or 10-0 in the first quarter or even when they're ahead but they give up a score and a drive stalls, at some point you're not having anything remotely resembling a worthwhile conversation. The idea that people need an outlet where they can throw tantrums is just not something I buy into. And even if I did, it makes the whole board toxic. That's what happened at Scout.

We only have a few rules. They are posted. We aren't going to moderate people on emotional swings.

As far as the GDTs, it's not that people express frustration or correctly criticize what's going on, it's how over-the-top it is. When certain people assume that the team is going to lose just because they go down 7-0 or 10-0 in the first quarter or even when they're ahead but they give up a score and a drive stalls, at some point you're not having anything remotely resembling a worthwhile conversation. The idea that people need an outlet where they can throw tantrums is just not something I buy into. And even if I did, it makes the whole board toxic. That's what happened at Scout.

It's a message board. It's what people do. It's an outlet.

We only have a few rules. They are posted. We aren't going to moderate people on emotional swings.

I'm not really suggesting a moderation strategy, I'm just telling you how things went at Scout and how they're likely to go here if the same people gain a foothold.

It's a message board. It's what people do. It's an outlet.

Per my above post, I disagree.  No one needs an outlet for the type of ridiculous, 2-year-old tantrum style behavior that I'm referring to.  But I'm not in charge.

I was on scout for awhile and I will say that some people say that while it will not be moderated that somehow we are going to forget what they say in a game day thread and act like they are levelheaded all the time. Well, obviously in the heat of the moment one will react more, we do get to know people's posting personalities. It's not a true reset when one leaves.

I'm not really suggesting a moderation strategy, I'm just telling you how things went at Scout and how they're likely to go here if the same people gain a foothold.

Per my above post, I disagree. No one needs an outlet for the type of ridiculous, 2-year-old tantrum style behavior that I'm referring to. But I'm not in charge.

Of course. Ignore it.

This place has a way of moderating itself with that stuff. Don't let a few folks spoil it for you.

Per my above post, I disagree. No one needs an outlet for the type of ridiculous, 2-year-old tantrum style behavior that I'm referring to. But I'm not in charge.

And I did see it in the thread last night..

You won't get an argument from me on that front, but I can think of about 5 guys I'd rather have touch the ball than Wilson.  I'll give the guy his due, he came up big when we needed it, but I'd be lying if I said I was comfortable with him getting the ball in game situations.  He very nearly didn't catch that pass last night, and if that ball had hit the ground, there would've been thousands upon thousands of people calling for him to be cut today.  It's a game of inches, and on that play he was on the right side of it.  I hate to say it, but I'd be willing to bet that before the year is over, Wilson will put the ball on the ground on one of those jet sweeps.  

I've never been an Albert Wilson fan but he may have made the play that saved the game last night.  When Alex;s pass caromed high in the air off of Kelce's helmet, Wilson jumped right in front of the Skin's guy and snagged the ball, thus avoiding an almost sure interception on a Chief's scoring drive.

I've never been an Albert Wilson fan but he may have made the play that saved the game last night. When Alex;s pass caromed high in the air off of Kelce's helmet, Wilson jumped right in front of the Skin's guy and snagged the ball, thus avoiding an almost sure interception on a Chief's scoring drive.

He played good. Best game of his career. I'm not a fan of his. Conley really needs more opportunity.

Per my above post, I disagree.  No one needs an outlet for the type of ridiculous, 2-year-old tantrum style behavior that I'm referring to.  But I'm not in charge.

if you'd like to point out an example on this last GDT  so we can get what your talking about? I'm pretty sure we have been around for as long and if not pretty close to Scout. we have our ups and downs people come and they go but we have survived and you all are here. I imagine when the dust clears some new guys will be gone guys thats just the way it is but like Cali said "We aren't going to moderate people on emotional swings".  GDT's do not make or break what we have here.

Having Conley, and Wilson on the team is healthy. When was the last time you heard their names in a pre game announcement? Of course Kelce-Hill-Hunt get the mention..and teams draw their defensive schemes around that. They can play..arent targeted that much..and provide much better matchup scenarios against mid level secondary defenders. Now..personally..i feel DAT is a wasted roster spot..and Harris only seems to be successful in the end zone...he isn't versatile enough to dig out a ball thrown toward his knees.

if you'd like to point out an example on this last GDT  so we can get what your talking about? I'm pretty sure we have been around for as long and if not pretty close to Scout. we have our ups and downs people come and they go but we have survived and you all are here. I imagine when the dust clears some new guys will be gone guys thats just the way it is but like Cali said "We aren't going to moderate people on emotional swings".  GDT's do not make or break what we have here.

I didn't read your GDT, I'm talking about what happened on the Scout GDTs and just saying that I hope it doesn't happen here.  The premise of this thread from the OP was that your GDT was a little crazy with similar behavior, I hope with our influx it's a net positive, but I can see things going the wrong way too.

Having Conley, and Wilson on the team is healthy. When was the last time you heard their names in a pre game announcement? Of course Kelce-Hill-Hunt get the mention..and teams draw their defensive schemes around that. They can play..arent targeted that much..and provide much better matchup scenarios against mid level secondary defenders. Now..personally..i feel DAT is a wasted roster spot..and Harris only seems to be successful in the end zone...he isn't versatile enough to dig out a ball thrown toward his knees.

certainly seems so

yep, a HOF coach is a moron.  Stop this nonsense.

You get too emotional, and put words in people's mouths.  I never said Reid was a moron, I said his playcalling has been suspect dating back to his days in Philly.  Anyone that denies Reid's tendency to get too cute or abandon the run is only lying to themselves.  

Great game against a good team. The skins D was the hardest-hitting team we've faced in a while... hit so hard half their defense had to be helped off the field... but we just kept plugging. Smith is playing well...

I was impressed with how well they tackled outside of Kareem Hunt doing Kareem Hunt things. The Chiefs usually get YAC and this game there was none of that. As soon as a player caught the ball they were getting wrapped up and tackled. I noticed during the game everytime Tyreek Hill caught a pass and than started paying attention to it the rest of the game. Washington's defense is top 5 good.

You get too emotional, and put words in people's mouths. I never said Reid was a moron, I said his playcalling has been suspect dating back to his days in Philly. Anyone that denies Reid's tendency to get too cute or abandon the run is only lying to themselves.

His play calling goes in the shitter quite often. He has entire games that suck. But he wins. Better winning percentage than Mike holmgren and many other "great" coaches.

Andy’s play calling sucks (one of the best offenses in the league)

Peters is a cancer and needs to go (bitch please)

Sutton’s an idiot (beat Brady, Wentz, Rivers, and Cousins)

Why are we running plays for Wilson (makes key play on game winning drive)

We’re gonna get blown out (how’d that work out)

Talk about some negative fuckery! Geez some of you are fucking depressing

Watch the goddamn game, enjoy it, and stop fuckin’ whining for a couple hours.

Bitch Please????!?! For anyone that think Marcus Peters is a team player and helping this team by constantly getting beat and then acting like a "Bitch" after the play and a spoiled brat sitting on his sorry ass while the Nation Anthem is being played. How many of his teammates are supporting him he looks pretty lonely by himself. I want the Chiefs to win as much as you but the "Only" reason you feel that way about Peters is because he is a Chief. Marcus Peters is a cancer growing on this team if you don't want to admit it because you are wearing your red goggles that's your problem, I would rather be truthful and not let my love for the Chiefs cloud my thought process! (Bitch Please)

Archived