Lets Talk Texans

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our O-Line took a big hit with  DLT going down but even with the Wash D line they held their own..mow facing another top tier Defense and Watson( from what very little I have seen) looks like the real deal. I know what Gunther would do..blitz the hell out of him but I'm not sure thats the right strategy.. i'm not a ford fan but I think we sure could use his speed.

One thing is for sure if the Chiefs keep it close at halftime  they have very good chance of adjusting things  and exploding. I think this game will be similar to Washington, hopefully with the same kind of ending. Defense or ST are going to have to score to win and Buttkicker  cant be missing any FG's..JMO

Our O-Line took a big hit with  DLT going down but even with the Wash D line they held their own..mow facing another top tier Defense and Watson( from what very little I have seen) looks like the real deal. I know what Gunther would do..blitz the hell out of him but I'm not sure thats the right strategy.. i'm not a ford fan but I think we sure could use his speed.

One thing is for sure if the Chiefs keep it close at halftime  they have very good chance of adjusting things  and exploding. I think this game will be similar to Washington, hopefully with the same kind of ending. Defense or ST are going to have to score to win and Buttkicker  cant be missing any FG's..JMO

They are going to kill us. Like actually kill us. I expect several dead Chiefs players. Smith will fold like a napkin and sack himself 20 times. I expect him to throw for negative yards. Sutton will probably drop 11 into a deep coverage and concede the 15 yard hook routs. Reid will be in the concession stand eating bratwursts and Marcus Peters will remain kneeling the entire game.

His running ability is his biggest weapon.  They do have some stellar wr's with speed which could be a problem.  We have to get pressure consistently and keep a spy back to prevent him from running.    However, the more the L sees him the better they will be prepared.   I'm more concerned about our banged up Oline.     

As much as they beat up Tennesse, they've still lost two games this season and the Tennesse QB was running in TD's for fun before he got injured. We've got the experience of just facing a Washington side who also demolished an opponent before they met us, So I think we should feel confident. I think Ford will be back and I'm hoping Morse will make it aswell. Reid will have plans for Watson and he sure is red hot right now. But at the same time can they deal with Hunte, Hill and Kelce? We'll see. 

They are going to kill us. Like actually kill us. I expect several dead Chiefs players. Smith will fold like a napkin and sack himself 20 times. I expect him to throw for negative yards. Sutton will probably drop 11 into a deep coverage and concede the 15 yard hook routs. Reid will be in the concession stand eating bratwursts and Marcus Peters will remain kneeling the entire game.

I'm reading that your confident that we will win easily?

Hardly.

The Chiefs make shift line played pretty well in the second half.  Maybe with a week of practice together they will hold up okay.  Pressuring Watson could be risky.  If the Chiefs bring pressure and he escapes containment, he'll run wild.  Gotta keep a spy on him and take away his receivers.

I never expected to have the Texans as our toughest game early in the season but right now the injuries are giving them a huge advantage. We are weakest in their strongest areas but Chiefs have been doing some amazing work this season hopefully it'll continue. Keep in mind that Chiefs DBs love the Texans QBs 

I never expected to have the Texans as our toughest game early in the season 

Funny how every week seems to be the toughest game so far.  :lol:  PIT will be worse and then there's those hard-to-win divisional games against playoff quality opponents.  On paper, this should be the easiest for the next five but if Watson does his magic, the Chiefs could very well lose.  It just goes to show how even the league is.  For example, only four AFC teams have less than two losses in four weeks.  Parity rules.

I think we win this game by double digits.  I'm gonna go 24-14.  I have that much faith in our defense, and if the offense gives Hunt 25 touches, we win this game relatively easily.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but we literally beat up on the Redskins in a very physical way that we haven't seen in a long time.  That has drastically changed my outlook on this team.  Hunt is a RB that delivers the hit rather than taking it, and even a fluxed offensive line was getting physical.  I think Hunt gives the offense an identity it sorely lack in recent years.  Yes, JC was good and he was fast, but he didn't have the combination of power to go with his quick, and while Hunt isn't as fast as JC, he's going to get the tough yards and wear down a defense.  Pounding out yards by running through the defense instead of away from it is a refreshing change, and one that's going to pay big dividends in January. 

I like the Chiefs chances against a rookie QB but oh lord that defense is scary as hell. Won't bet against the Chiefs at this point though. They will be ready to even the score after last years loss to them.

I'm not worried about this game. The Chiefs are road warriors and have been shining in prime time. Alex Smith loves the dome and he's having the best year of his career.

I am only worried about the offensive line. The only way the Chiefs lose this game is if the texans manage to shut down Kareem Hunt and get enough pressure/sacks to turn Alex Smith into robot Alex

Alex Smith has been the best QB in the league after 4 games...

I could not be happier as a fan.

That said, the key to winning on the road is stout defense and the running game.

Its going to come down to Hunt and the O-line.

w

I think this is the type of game we'll need to be +3 in turnovers, and/or some big special teams contribution to win.  We'll have to play alot better than we did against Washington.   That performance will get us beat soundly against a better team than Washington, at their place.  

I know Alex is overall playing well, but he needs to stop sacking himself so much, especially against this front 7.  

I think this is the type of game we'll need to be +3 in turnovers, and/or some big special teams contribution to win. We'll have to play alot better than we did against Washington. That performance will get us beat soundly against a better team than Washington, at their place.

I know Alex is overall playing well, but he needs to stop sacking himself so much, especially against this front 7.

Houston is has nothing on Washington.

FAR better defense in every area, FAR better WR's, Better RB's. I think what will be ultimately a better, more dangerous QB, if he's not already. Wash has better TE's, and a better OL.

Far better defense? I'll disagree. They have played who?

Far better defense? I'll disagree. They have played who?

They got crushed by the Jags (without Watson but Watson doesn't play D), squeeked by Cincy, lost to the Pats, and crushed the Titans. Their offense has really picked up under Watson. I predict another close one 24-20 CHIEFS!!

Archived