Lets Talk Texans

Funny how every week seems to be the toughest game so far.  :lol:  PIT will be worse and then there's those hard-to-win divisional games against playoff quality opponents.  On paper, this should be the easiest for the next five but if Watson does his magic, the Chiefs could very well lose.  It just goes to show how even the league is.  For example, only four AFC teams have less than two losses in four weeks.  Parity rules.

May be every game is tough in the NFL  :unsure:  :D

I doubt Texans would be tough against a healthy Chiefs team but our injuries play into their strengths, allowing them to dominate in various areas while stopping us from exploiting theirs. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far better defense? I'll disagree. They have played who?

It's not who they've played.  It's who they have as players compared to Wash.  Was has one scary player in Kerrigan.  Norman is real good.  Houston has JJ, Mercilous, and Clowney as scary good players all in the front 7.  

It's not who they've played. It's who they have as players compared to Wash. Was has one scary player in Kerrigan. Norman is real good. Houston has JJ, Mercilous, and Clowney as scary good players all in the front 7.

lol did they get scarier since the last few times we played them?

lol did they get scarier since the last few times we played them?

They beat us last year 19-12 with Brock Osweiler at QB, and held us to zero TD's.  So yes, they are scarier now with a far more dangerous QB, and a back to health JJ Watt.  

They beat us last year 19-12 with Brock Osweiler at QB, and held us to zero TD's. So yes, they are scarier now with a far more dangerous QB, and a back to health JJ Watt.

Meh. Charcandrick West was our leading rusher and Tyreek was still a gadget player. 1 early td and a bunch of fg's for both teams. Not exactly scary. Both are different teams now. I'll take suttons D vs a rookie qb most days.

Meh. Charcandrick West was our leading rusher and Tyreek was still a gadget player. 1 early td and a bunch of fg's for both teams. Not exactly scary. Both are different teams now. I'll take suttons D vs a rookie qb most days.

Same. That first year when Reid and Sutton took over, the Chiefs faced off against several backups and rookie QBs and made them all take a step back after seeing shit drippin from their pants. Granted that was 2013, it's the same coordinator

Houston has a good team. They were mentioned in the Super Bowl conversation prior to that horrendous opener. Defense is really good and offense has a bunch of weapons. I do think Watson is a guy teams don't know how to defend yet and if we could figure that riddle out (IE keep him in the pocket), we will win. If we lose containment like we did with Cousins, its going to be a long day. 

In fact Sutton is playing defense a little different this year. We are dropping back 8 in coverage quite frequently and only rushing 3. Houston himself has only rushed the passer 50% of his plays. I like this idea early on in the season. Rushing the passer every passing down may end up injuring Houston and he just fully recovered. No need for some bs. Also, this allows for more exotic blitzes down the road towards the playoffs.

Whatever it is, it's working, and it's different than previous years. I don't like how Ramik wasn't the starter last game but fuck it lets experiment

I'm kinda tired of hearing about jj watt an how great here is..

Houston. Needs to fear the real beast and the hulk. Houstons o line is about a single arm curl for Chris Jones. QBs are avg like 51 % completions with as many picks as tds.. yeah and i am supposed to appreciate these guys. Hmph Houston. Beware Houston is coming to visit.

This will be a big challenge. Great defense and running QB. Not to mention good receivers. Hoping the Big Lites may be a factor for the rookie. Road Game. We need Ford back!

I think I prefer Zombo over Ford. Less snaps and more production. Of course, Ford has a sack and Zombo doesn't but Zombo is better against the run. It's kind of a push. Neither are the answer.

I'm kinda tired of hearing about jj watt an how great here is..

Houston. Needs to fear the real beast and the hulk. Houstons o line is about a single arm curl for Chris Jones. QBs are avg like 51 % completions with as many picks as tds.. yeah and i am supposed to appreciate these guys. Hmph Houston. Beware Houston is coming to visit.

I think Watt is about done. He is on pace for 0 sacks. He will likely have a good game against us because we give up sacks. But so does Houston. I think we are the two teams that have given up the most sacks. I could be wrong.

First off Ramik Wilson, needs to start. Let's not get cute. That's his job - he's earned it. Ragland looked like a Rag doll out there. He's not quite ready for the big stage. 

Need to contain Watson in the pocket. Make him a pocket passer. TN played a lot of zone against him. Let's see how he does against tight man coverage. Watson will throw a few up for grabs there's no question about it. Oh, and TN QBs through 4 picks setting up great field position for Houston and give them credit they punched it in every time. Alex Smith, is due for an INT but I don't see it in this game. The Chiefs will take care of the ball. Alex is too much of a threat indoors and plays extremely well in domes. Andy will have a good gameplan lined up (hopefully). We owe them one from last year.

Chiefs 27

Tex Mex 20

Houston has a bit of an advantage in that the Chiefs played on Monday.  Isn't there a state someplace that shows team operating on a short week don't do so well?  Should be interesting.  One thing is certain.  If the Chiefs are close at the half, they've got Houston right where they want them.  

I think I prefer Zombo over Ford. Less snaps and more production. Of course, Ford has a sack and Zombo doesn't but Zombo is better against the run. It's kind of a push. Neither are the answer.

Zombo is supposed to give Houston the flexibility to rush the QB more often but he's not a solid option when rushing himself. Rather than as a starter opposite to Houston I would probably rotate the two depending on the situation. That being said Zombo looks weird when rushing the passer as if he hasn't done it a thousand times in the past.

Houston has a bit of an advantage in that the Chiefs played on Monday.  Isn't there a state someplace that shows team operating on a short week don't do so well?  Should be interesting.  One thing is certain.  If the Chiefs are close at the half, they've got Houston right where they want them.  

Chiefs are playing with confidence... It should be a close one. Don't expect to win every game, but we can beat Houston

What's odd is almost every analyst for ESPN, NFL network, CBSsports, SI, etc...picks the Chiefs to win. Even the computer models I saw favored KC.

Yet when you scroll through the comments section almost every fan picks Houston for the upset.

Just weird how overwhelmingly lopsided the opinion is for both groups. Guess we'll see who is right.

Archived