Lets Talk Texans

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently people have jumped on the Watson train and have fallen in love with him. Yea he's put up good numbers and is an exciting player but he's played NE #32nd rank D and Tennessee #29th rank D. We also know that everyone falls all over Watrs at every turn. That's one of the reason fans are looking at a Houston upsetting the Chiefs. Plus the Chiefs record on prime time road games in the past hasn't been stellar. Again that is in PAST.

Recently people have jumped on the Watson train and have fallen in love with him. Yea he's put up good numbers and is an exciting player but he's played NE #32nd rank D and Tennessee #29th rank D. We also know that everyone falls all over Watrs at every turn. That's one of the reason fans are looking at a Houston upsetting the Chiefs. Plus the Chiefs record on prime time road games in the past hasn't been stellar. Again that is in PAST.

Agree.  The national media is looking for the next big deal and Watson is it based on last Sunday's numbers.  If he get hot against the Chiefs, Houston will win.  I don't see the Chiefs scoring a lot of points there.  If Watson plays like a rookie, the Chiefs win.  They're due for some turnovers and special teams plays.  Let's just hope that Watson doesn't scramble the Chiefs to death.

Agree.  The national media is looking for the next big deal and Watson is it based on last Sunday's numbers.  If he get hot against the Chiefs, Houston will win.  I don't see the Chiefs scoring a lot of points there.  If Watson plays like a rookie, the Chiefs win.  They're due for some turnovers and special teams plays.  Let's just hope that Watson doesn't scramble the Chiefs to death.

Watson got hot against NE and they still lost. So I don't think it's as simple as that. The one thing that has been evident this thus far this season is that we've been behind in three of the four games and have found a way to bounce back. IF Houston go behind, how will they react? it's those little things that can make all the difference.

Biggest nightmare?  Chiefs stop Houston on the first two down and Watson scrambles on third down and the defense can't get off the field.  If that happens too often, it will become very frustrating.  Can't keep harping on missing Berry, but he'd have come in real handy against Watson's improvising.

We are about the same as we were last year with him. Last year with Berry we were the 26th ranked D by yards. This year without him, we are 26th. Last year, just under 20 points per game. This year, the same. Berry is a very good player, but he isn't on this defense. Sutton adjusts. It's not as bid a deal as people make it out to be IMO.

The Texans QB looked very poised for a rookie. But if you are going off the Titans game then consider the fact the Titans turned the ball over on their very 1st drive. They also committed several costly PI penalties that set up other scores. And they continued to turn the ball over. 

The Texans love to slip the running back out of the backfield and do misdirection throws. Titans totally made zero adjustments to stop it. Guys were literally wide open all day. Not to say every pass was that way. Watson threw a couple of passes in tight coverage right on the money. But truthfully, the Titans totally shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. And their contain was poor so Watson did a lot with his feet. This does concern me.

The Texans defense didn't scare me. The Titans could move the ball when Marriota was in the game. So the Chiefs need to just dominate the TOP, have long sustained drives and get in the endzone. That will disrupt the Texans offensive flow I believe.

The Texans QB looked very poised for a rookie. But if you are going off the Titans game then consider the fact the Titans turned the ball over on their very 1st drive. They also committed several costly PI penalties that set up other scores. And they continued to turn the ball over.

The Texans love to slip the running back out of the backfield and do misdirection throws. Titans totally made zero adjustments to stop it. Guys were literally wide open all day. Not to say every pass was that way. Watson threw a couple of passes in tight coverage right on the money. But truthfully, the Titans totally shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. And their contain was poor so Watson did a lot with his feet. This does concern me.

The Texans defense didn't scare me. The Titans could move the ball when Marriota was in the game. So the Chiefs need to just dominate the TOP, have long sustained drives and get in the endzone. That will disrupt the Texans offensive flow I believe.

Seems like it so far DH. I like the 3 man rushes.

Like i said... not that scary. Houston is overrated. Wahsington was a better challenge.

easier to say with Merciless & Watt out..  Watson throwing Jump ball would of been a great game plan and they shoulda started doing that  earlier

Archived