When our injured players return!!

Just read THIS article which talks about the Chiefs having a lot to look forward to come the middle of the season as Ehinger, Morse, Hali and Nelson should all be back within weeks. What are yall thoughts on these guys potentially returning within weeks? Would these guys coming back in take away worries about our O-line? :D

Good news for sure. Others likely injured by then. Unfortunately Its part of the game. Hope our key guys stay healthy.

Just read THIS article which talks about the Chiefs having a lot to look forward to come the middle of the season as Ehinger, Morse, Hali and Nelson should all be back. What are yall thoughts on these guys potentially returning within weeks? Would these guys coming back in take away worries about our O-line? :D

They will get back right when the schedule gets easier and hopefully that leads to production and maybe some resting. I won't get ahead of myself because we still have this hard stretch to go through. But that's the hope.

We'll have some nice depth after upgrading our starters, especially at OL. I think Nelson will have the biggest impact as we'll get some rotational flexibility at secondary. Some other players will probably get injured but we definitely need that number be lower than what it is now. 

Tamba said on twitter he hopes to be back in a few weeks. Still a very odd deal but he can provide needed pass rushing depth. Nelson still is the key. Haven't heard a word other than they are hopeful he can return. Ehringer is already back but clearly not yet playing at level he needs to be.

Tim Grunhard said he missed three games his entire career with same injury Morse has. Said pain is really bad. Didn't expect him back til late Oct, early Nov.

It seems like we have been saying this for a long time. When we get Charles back we'll be much better. Or when DJ comes back. Or Maclin. Or Bailey and Howard come back. Or Houston comes back. Or DJ comes back again. Or Hali and Ford. Or Berry. And Nelson getting back will be good. And our line will be better with Ehinger and Morse.

It seems like we have been saying this for a long time. When we get Charles back we'll be much better. Or when DJ comes back. Or Maclin. Or Bailey and Howard come back. Or Houston comes back. Or DJ comes back again. Or Hali and Ford. Or Berry. And Nelson getting back will be good. And our line will be better with Ehinger and Morse.

Houston came back and was indeed the catalyst behind that win in Denver last year. Our run defense isn't stellar, but it's much better than the train wreck we had last year with DJ back now. Berry came back last year and had the best season of his career. I guess I'm not getting your point here?

Houston came back and was indeed the catalyst behind that win in Denver last year. Our run defense isn't stellar, but it's much better than the train wreck we had last year with DJ back now. Berry came back last year and had the best season of his career. I guess I'm not getting your point here?

Just that we seem to always have key players injured. It feels like when they get back someone else goes down. I don't remember a time when we were not waiting for someone's return.

I guess the point is that having good players is good. Or sumthin...

I know, it would be nice to get through a year without injuries to key players.  Yes, injuries happen to every team but it's not always key guys.  Hopefully by week 8 this team is fully healthy and watch out.

Just that we seem to always have key players injured. It feels like when they get back someone else goes down. I don't remember a time when we were not waiting for someone's return.

I think you just named every team in the NFL. I think the point was simply we have some guys out that could really help us and are expected to return in the next month. We are going to continue to have other injuries, but at least everyone but Berry and Ware at this point have the potential to get back for the stretch run. 

Yep. DJ, Houston and Logan have made us a much better run stuffing team.

I think you just named every team in the NFL. I think the point was simply we have some guys out that could really help us and are expected to return in the next month. We are going to continue to have other injuries, but at least everyone but Berry and Ware at this point have the potential to get back for the stretch run. 

It's hard to compare:

Mitch Morse, Parker Ehinger, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Spencer Ware, Steven Nelson, Eric Berry, Dee Ford, and Tamba Hali

- to -

Any other NFL's team's combined inactive/reserve list

Every team deals with injuries. The Chiefs have dealt with multiple-week injuries to multiple core players. And we're not even counting the people that are nicked up.

Archived