Daniel Sorensen

Since the loss of Berry how do yall think he's done? I've seen fans and commentators alike, say "secondary is a weakness for the Chiefs", but I think Sorensen has come in and done a very good job. Yes, he's not Berry (not many are), but thus far he's got on with his job and done very well I think.

He's doing a good job similar to last year but neither Sorensen nor Parker has been good enough with an extended role in Berry's absence. Chiefs switched to a more traditional role with 2 Safeties relatively deep and I think Sorensen has been the better one of the two. They are a good duo but neither give us the flexibility of a single high safety, which is something we have to live with this year. 

He's doing a good job similar to last year but neither Sorensen nor Parker has been good enough with an extended role in Berry's absence. Chiefs switched to a more traditional role with 2 Safeties relatively deep and I think Sorensen has been the better one of the two. They are a good duo but neither give us the flexibility of a single high safety, which is something we have to live with this year. 

I think with what happened to Berry, getting in a young stud in that position who can learn from him and take his place when he's out, should be a priority moving forward. We drafted

kid in the last draft and he's current with the practice squad. So it will be interesting to see what they do with him.

I don't think McQuay sticks in KC. He didn't make the 53-man roster with Berry out so he won't be promoted unless there's another injury. I like his potential but some lame or mediocre team will pick him up towards the end of the season similar to the McDougald. It's the downside of having so much talent at DB. 

Parker was already a starter so I don't know exactly what you mean by him having an extended role. As far as who's been the better of the 2 this season, Sorenson has graded out at a 52.3 according to PFF, while Parker is sitting at a 75.1. 

Not sure how Parker could have his role expanded more than it already was. He can handle the single high, but isn't as good in the box as Berry. And with Nelson out we lose two good tacklers that can also cover. Problem is we are short cover guys and pass rushers and Parker may actually be our 3rd best cover guy right now. The guys being asked to expand their role are Sorenson and Murray. Overall secondary has held up pretty well considering but we saw on those scrambles by Cousins we are succeptable to some bigger issues. 

I hated the McQuay pick. They worked out Elijah Lee and he was still on the board. I was sure they would take him. He could have developed into good dime lb. Vikings took him.

Sort of off topic but just an FYI about Lee.   The 49'ers plucked Lee off the Vikings practice squad and signed him to a 2 year deal a few weeks ago.  Personally,  I thought the Chiefs should have taken Jordan Willis since I think he's better than Dee Ford.  Hopefully this Tanoh  kid will end up being a stud for the Chiefs.

Sort of off topic but just an FYI about Lee.   The 49'ers plucked Lee off the Vikings practice squad and signed him to a 2 year deal a few weeks ago.  Personally,  I thought the Chiefs should have taken Jordan Willis since I think he's better than Dee Ford.  Hopefully this Tanoh  kid will end up being a stud for the Chiefs.

Dorsey was pretty adamant that he liked Willis, but didn't think he fit our system. 

Parker was already a starter so I don't know exactly what you mean by him having an extended role. As far as who's been the better of the 2 this season, Sorenson has graded out at a 52.3 according to PFF, while Parker is sitting at a 75.1. 

Not sure how Parker could have his role expanded more than it already was. He can handle the single high, but isn't as good in the box as Berry. And with Nelson out we lose two good tacklers that can also cover. Problem is we are short cover guys and pass rushers and Parker may actually be our 3rd best cover guy right now. The guys being asked to expand their role are Sorenson and Murray. Overall secondary has held up pretty well considering but we saw on those scrambles by Cousins we are succeptable to some bigger issues. 

They tried both Parker and Sorensen as the single safety against Philly before settling at the current 2-man approach. Extended role isn't the snap count but rather the area to cover. With both safeties playing deeper than before we are seeing less of the 3-Safety sets and fewer guys close to the LOS which might be the reason our pass rush regressed a bit but obviously Ford's injury has a role to play there as well. 

Archived