Predicting QTR 2

Quarter II  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Chiefs record be after QTR 2 of the 2017 NFL Season?

• 8-0
    • 7-1
    • 6-2
    • 5-3
    • 4-4

texans.png At Texans - SNF 

steelers.png Steelers

raiders.png At Raiders - TNF

broncos.png Donks - MNF

The Chiefs have officially gone 4-0 in the first quarter of the 2017 NFL Season. So what do we presume will happen next? I'm guessing we'll slip up in one of the next four. We have a bye week after the Cowboys game, but i'm just going by QTR here. All games here are on the spotlight being nationally televised.

7-1. If we lose a game it will be at Houston most likely... We are out to get Pittsburgh at home I believe that's a W. The Faiders dont scare me even on a short week TNF with Manuel starting. The Donks could be tricky at home on MNF similar to the Skins game.

6-2 would be acceptable.  The next five games are brutal and depend on injuries as much as anything.  Assuming Carr is back for the Raiders game, I think the Chiefs lose that one and one more, PIT or HOU.  They should handle the Donks at home on MNF.  If the Chiefs get through the first nine games in reach of first place in the division, I think they will win it.  The schedule for DEN and OAK are equally tough and they both have to play NE which is better than their record to date.

I'm fine with a 6-2 record but the Chiefs have been doing great so far so wouldn't be shocked to see 8-0. I picked 7-1 as it is highly possible and it makes sense to lose a game early in the season to avoid the pressure of being unbeaten. Even BB and Brady couldn't handle that.

Pitt seems to have our number lately. If we lose one, it will be that one.

I really hope not. I hope we beat them because of last year's playoff game, the previous regular-season game, my friend's a Steeler fan, and I don't want the media to further hype them or demote us.

I want the players to feel demoted and the Steelers being complacent due to hype would be great, but as a fan, I'd like to see appropriate rankings. If we lose, it will be appropriate but I think that they're just waiting to be critical. I know every fan feels that way. Even Patriots fans feel that everyone is waiting for their demise.

Toughest stretch of the season. I'll predict and would actually be happy with 2-2 as we continue to also deal with a lot of injuries. Again short week road trip to Oakland is brutal. Teams lose that road game more than any other and our only loss to Raiders in Feod era came in this spot. Now if Carr can't play, it defintely helps. We do not match up well with Pitt and I think between that and game this week we split. Denver won't be easy but as long as we don't turn it over will win.

Toughest stretch of the season. I'll predict and would actually be happy with 2-2 as we continue to also deal with a lot of injuries. Again short week road trip to Oakland is brutal. Teams lose that road game more than any other and our only loss to Raiders in Feod era came in this spot. Now if Carr can't play, it defintely helps. We do not match up well with Pitt and I think between that and game this week we split. Denver won't be easy but as long as we don't turn it over will win.

We own the Raiders with or without Carr. Short week sure hurts but if we don't suffer another major injury that game will go easier than expected IMO.

We own the Raiders with or without Carr. Short week sure hurts but if we don't suffer another major injury that game will go easier than expected IMO.

Again though. We do own the Raiders, but our only loss in the Reid era came in this exact same situation. And that Raiders team was awful. 

It's hard to keep winning when you have three backups on the offensive line, but with everyone else playing at such a high level, Alex Smith is 'elevating his offensive line'.

In case you missed it, Tampa Bay came close to beating the Patriots tonight. The Buccaneers' defense did very well to hold the Patriots to 19 points over 11 drives, but the Patriots' defense played pretty well, too. Tonight's game was decided in part because Stephen Gostkowski is a better kicker than Nick Folk.

Again though. We do own the Raiders, but our only loss in the Reid era came in this exact same situation. And that Raiders team was awful.

As I recall we "should" have won that game. We were ahead late in the 4th and gave up a long TD drive. Defense looked soft. Plus it had poured rain all night. Short week certainly plays into it but there were other factors that particular night.

I went with 7-1, although 8-0 isn't out of the question.  The toughest game of that stretch will without a doubt be Pitt, and that's a premium game because come season's end we will likely be battling with them for playoff seeding, so the head to head will be a big deal should we have similar records in December.  Even more importantly, IMO, is defending your home turf.  Sweep the home 8, play .500 ball on the road, and you have 12 wins and sit firmly in the discussion for homefield advantage in the playoffs.  Oakland without Carr isn't very threatening, and I'm still not convinced that Denver isn't a .500 team. I think we handle the Texans this weekend with relative ease (+10 points).

I don't think that one counts as Berry playing with cancer might have been the primary reason for some huge plays as well as the long TD run. IMO that game was 11 on 10 which is always a losing scenario in the NFL. 

In case you missed it, Tampa Bay came close to beating the Patriots tonight. The Buccaneers' defense did very well to hold the Patriots to 19 points over 11 drives, but the Patriots' defense played pretty well, too. Tonight's game was decided in part because Stephen Gostkowski is a better kicker than Nick Folk.

It just shows how important a kicker is in today's parity.  The Chiefs very well could have lost on Monday because the kicker missed his first try and of course we all remember the Christmas playoff game against Miami.  We're not allowed to mention the playoff game following the 1995 season.  Having a reliable kicker out to 50 yds. and beyond is gold.

The Chiefs really won only one game in the first quarter season that we didn't have marked as wins when the sked came out.  Nearly all the games are possible losses, but if the Chiefs win three on the next five, they'll probably win their division and we'll look forward to an easier last seven games.  They can't afford to lose both games to OAK or DEN, but a split with either or both won't hurt them.  PIT and at DAL are the two hardest games remaining IMHO and after them, we should have good predictions of the rest of the year.

Interesting point about parity.  As of this moment, only two teams in the AFC have less than two losses, KC and DEN.  Only CLE and LAC have less than two wins.  The other twelve teams are 3-2 or 2-3.  Again, if the Chiefs can pull out three of the next five, they are sitting pretty.  BTW, the Cowboys are looking good at home so far.

Archived