Texans vs Chiefs SNF - match thread

Chiefs have won 5 straight prime time games...But with 60 percent of our oline in flux and no pass rusher beyond #50 we've got a very tough task to keep a pretty amazing streak going. I sure wouldn't count this team out though. If we keep it close, we find a way to win more than most teams. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs have won 5 straight prime time games...But with 60 percent of our oline in flux and no pass rusher beyond #50 we've got a very tough task to keep a pretty amazing streak going. I sure wouldn't count this team out though. If we keep it close, we find a way to win more than most teams.

Chris jones brings pressure.

LOL I went into hiding from this forum in the hope that I'd come back and see a change. Oh well, I'll have to wear this embarrassment until the game is over then :D

Haha, newbie thinks it'll be over when the game, I mean match, ends. Just ask DieHard. Nevermind, we never take him seriously.

Chris jones brings pressure.

Valid point. Bailey has shown some as well. But overall this isn't a very good team at pressuring the QB right now. Some of it is scheme as Sutton plays the bend don't break scheme and does it very well. Ill be interested to see if we blitz more vs the rookie. 

I don't if we want to go after this kid. Make him throw from the picket and we might just pick that slow ball if 2 or 3 times. I would look to contain rather than sack. Sutton is the master though. Last weeks it felt like we sat back playing coverage and brought the pressure towards the end.

Valid point. Bailey has shown some as well. But overall this isn't a very good team at pressuring the QB right now. Some of it is scheme as Sutton plays the bend don't break scheme and does it very well. Ill be interested to see if we blitz more vs the rookie.

I'd say it's almost all scheme. When you have as many good pass rushers as we do, there should be more. This 3 man pressure stuff is maddening.

I'd say it's almost all scheme. When you have as many good pass rushers as we do, there should be more. This 3 man pressure stuff is maddening.

Dropping 8 into coverages though has been doing well in masking our short comings at olb, ILB and cb. I think it is more for that until we settle in on getting Ford back, then seeing if Ragland can handle ilb and either Nelson comes back or Mitchell does well.

Dropping 8 into coverages though has been doing well in masking our short comings at olb, ILB and cb. I think it is more for that until we settle in on getting Ford back, then seeing if Ragland can handle ilb and either Nelson comes back or Mitchell does well.

Mitchell is a baller.

That’s what happens when you rush 3 and drop 8. It’s Sutton.

This will be the match that either tells the NFL we are actually the team to beat OR the team that has had good luck but very beatable. A prime time smack down by Houston will give the media “experts” an excuse to throw KC back down.

The last two games have been quite nerve-wracking. Would so love us to have a comfortable win today to really send out a message to the rest of the league. But even if we fall behind and things are looking tough in the first half, we must keep faith guys. Because over the last few years this team have shown over and over again that win or lose, they'll fight till the very end. 

Biggest thing I'm concerned with is the line affording AS11 enough time to work. I've done some research on Houston and their weakness on D is through the LB and secondary. A few sites predict Kelce to explode. A few sites predict Hill to haul in some deep stuff. If Houston's D is that tough..it could take dink n dunk to get it done...whatever it takes to win. Watson's arm strength is more than adequate but precision is a bit off. Should be a great game imo.

I agree with mis-chief...this KC team seems to have plenty of gas in the tank and production has increased during the 2nd half in all games this season. The homer in me wants to think that 2nd half adjustments and new looks(matchups) are the reason but the sample size is still too few to call it confidently.

This match should be a massacre sort of like Germany vs Brazil in the last world cup. Perhaps we can utilize hunt as a false 9. Play tic tac football control possession and it should be a great win for kc.

Nah, I'd much prefer to see "long ball" tactics that would see Smith feed Hill and Hunt :D 

Archived