Texans vs Chiefs SNF - match thread

I have seen the Chiefs play every year since 1965. I think it fair to say I have watched at least 90% of their games. I am here to tell you I have not seen better quarterback play from anyone this season than Alex Smith has played this year so far. The last time the Chiefs had a quarterback who played this well was the 1971 season when Lenny Dawson played. And yes, I remember the Joe Montana years as well.

Seriously got to consider giving the man his $12 million.

There's just no way the Chiefs can let Alex walk after this year.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex was great, Kelce was great, Butke was great and even West had an excellent first half,  Texans have tried to incite Kelce several times in the first half but so far he's resisted temptation.  Hopefully, he'll continue to keep his cool in the 2nd half.

There's just no way the Chiefs can let Alex walk after this year.

They can’t pay him. Yes, we’ll open up cap space from other guys, but keeping Alex means you can’t sign other impact players. The economics just aren’t there no matter what happens

Yes we’re winning and yes we’ve piled up yards, but this is not a good offensive performance, and Reid would agree. The defense has played great so it’ll stand up, but way too many drives are ending in 3s.

No one complaining about kicker this week

Archived