Texans vs Chiefs SNF - match thread

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys realize of watt has a displaced fracture then likely the meniscus is torn and the acl, mcl, and pcl..

This is a potential carrier ending injury

That's not what they were saying during the game. I think I recall Collinsworth said he had the same injury & came back a few weeks later.

YESSSSSS!!!!..COME ON GUYS!!! GREAT WIN TONIGHT :D . Yes, some aspects of the performances wasn't great, but all that matters right now is the win my friends. Shame about Conley, he's a steady player who fits ok into Reid's system but now it's gonna be time for the other guys to step up. We also have to remember that our O-line has been banged up!!!!..hopefully next week we can get back Ford, LDT and Morse!!!...we're winning with a depleted side yall, please don't forget that. 

AND STILL UNBEATEN!!!...feels good to say that. The media darlings LA rams slipped up, the betting favourite for the superbowl (Steelers) slipped up, Dallas lost etc. But we just keep that train rolling!!!..LOVE IT. Also, I'd like to give a mention to young Butker today...kid was so cool infront of the sticks again.

Santos might have injured himself out of a job. Butker looked calm and has plenty of leg for touchbacks. 

I agree...a win is a win and we should enjoy the fact the Chiefs remain the only undefeated team in the NFL. I just have this nagging concern that if the offense has a game where they are struggling and they need the defense to step up and bail them out,....can they do it. Bend don't break will not work every single time. Sometimes you bend and...SNAP! Each game is different. Will feel a whole lot better when we start getting some injured guys back.

Santos might have injured himself out of a job. Butker looked calm and has plenty of leg for touchbacks.

I agree...a win is a win and we should enjoy the fact the Chiefs remain the only undefeated team in the NFL. I just have this nagging concern that if the offense has a game where they are struggling and they need the defense to step up and bail them out,....can they do it. Bend don't break will not work every single time. Sometimes you bend and...SNAP! Each game is different. Will feel a whole lot better when we start getting some injured guys back.

Defense will start taking the ball away. When we need them they'll be there.

That was some lucky shit by the Texans.

3 jump balls? Lol

This game wasn't close.

When we've needed the defence to stand firm, they have. I mean the offence was quite woeful against the Chargers for most of the game, and for most of the first half against Washington it went missing aswell despite us scoring a TD. So the defence has done very well when we've been lacking in the attack. Once we get back Morse, Ford and LDT I think things will look much better. Remember, we've got a few guys in the O-line who are virtual rookies aswell. So, all in all, I can't complain about the team right now.

The Chiefs get no respect. We're 5-0. We just spanked the Texans.... & the only thing they focus on is JJ Watt's injury.

The Chiefs will get no respect until they make it to and win the SB. On the subject of Watt, he seems like a good dude; looking at it from the outside as a fan; and he's also a phenomenal player. As a Chiefs fan I felt bad for him and wanted the Chiefs to beat the Texans with him playing.

Anyway, I'm glad the Chiefs won. They are a really good team and they're impressing me with every win. Even if Watt and Mercilus hadn't got hurt, I still think they would have gutted out a tough win. I'm a little buzzed off wine and am trying to contain my homerism, because I know they will lose sooner or later. 

The injuries are piling up and I really want them to beat the Steelers, but I'd rather them lose to the Steelers now, and beat them in the playoffs.

1st half they looked great. 2nd half total opposite. Watson just threw up several balls. We had players in position but apparently no one knows how to jump very high. Peters also looked soft in the tackling department.

For some reason the secondary is focused on the interception way too much. Both Mitchell and Parker allowed huge plays just because they went up with two hands. It's a good opportunity for Sutton to emphasize the difference between an interception and deflection so it might have been for the better since we didn't lose the game.

For some reason the secondary is focused on the interception way too much. Both Mitchell and Parker allowed huge plays just because they went up with two hands. It's a good opportunity for Sutton to emphasize the difference between an interception and deflection so it might have been for the better since we didn't lose the game.

I have a feeling they will be doing several jump ball drills every week now.

Yes, yes, and yes. One thing I hope, hope we do is drill it in their heads that for a Hail Mary at the end of a half to never go for that interception. I know there's always a risk of batting it into someone else's hands, but too many times paid experience professionals will try to wait for the ball to fall into their arms/chests for an interception.

Smith carried the team tonight. Secondary looked terrible. 

garbage time stats.   i know it got to 26-20, but it did so on a hail mary and the rest of the game was PURE garbage. 

I know it's only week 5 but I'm tired of our defense letting up with big leads.

They can’t pay him. Yes, we’ll open up cap space from other guys, but keeping Alex means you can’t sign other impact players. The economics just aren’t there no matter what happens

Stop this nonsense.

If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him. 

At $21m in 2018, it makes him the 14th highest paid QB in the league which is a steal.

Here are the facts to prove you wrong:  https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2018/

Yes we’re winning and yes we’ve piled up yards, but this is not a good offensive performance, and Reid would agree. The defense has played great so it’ll stand up, but way too many drives are ending in 3s.

My god you are hellbent on this Anit Smith and Reid nonsense aren't you? 

more stupid drivel from you. If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him. I don't think even $21m a year puts him into the top 10 highest paid QBs.

I think there's a way to keep him next year (especially if WEwin the Super Bowl) and yes, the 21 isn't top pay but the complexity we have with the cap is the whole team, not what he is paid.

more stupid drivel from you.  If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him.  I don't think even $21m a year puts him into the top 10 highest paid QBs.

It ties him for 10th with Palmer and Eli Manning. I still do not think we keep him but rather drives uo the price to trade for him. If they geel Mahomes is ready, then you go with him. Alex knows this and is laying it all out like a contract year. He finally does have offensive weapons too that shows what he can do. Thing is, through it all he has just six games of over 300 yards passing and two have come this season. If some one offers a high 3rd or better for him you need to jump on it and move on if Mahomes is ready. I have been on AS side for the longest time but we will have to move on sooner rather than later.

The Achilles fans out into your upper calf. I know because I have ruptured mine almost 4 times. I used to run marathons, but had to stop because of the ruptured Achilles occurring over & over.

I can run about 1-2 miles, but feel it tighten up & know that it'll reoccur if I continue to run. I miss running.

Don't I know. Tore mine this past summer. Just now getting to the point were I can stand on one leg and hop.

this is a good observation.  They need to just at least knock the ball away

this is a good observation. They need to just at least knock the ball away

What pissed me of is in one if the long plays, you can see Peters trying to rip the ball out of the ball carriers hands. That's fine if he isn't continuing down the field another 5 to 10 yards.

They need to learn to tackle once a receiver catchez the ball. Maybe watch the Watson tackle in DJ. Square up the runner and tackle him versus going for the damn ball all the time.

What pissed me of is in one if the long plays, you can see Peters trying to rip the ball out of the ball carriers hands. That's fine if he isn't continuing down the field another 5 to 10 yards.

They need to learn to tackle once a receiver catchez the ball. Maybe watch the Watson tackle in DJ. Square up the runner and tackle him versus going for the damn ball all the time.

Then again, that very move stripped Kelvin Benjamin for a score and a win. We don't win w/o it.

I agree it's maddening to watch him miss like that and I was screaming at him also. When I sat back I realized that true playmakers take risks like this and we praise the hell out of him when it works out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

Then again, that very move stripped Kelvin Benjamin for a score and a win. We don't win w/o it.

I agree it's maddening to watch him miss like that and I was screaming at him also. When I sat back I realized that true playmakers take risks like this and we praise the hell out of him when it works out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

Seen too many games where players went for the ball versus tackling the ball carrier and the game turned out to be a L. The past two weeks I have seen some solid tackling from Washington and Houston. Yes the Chiefs won but the type of tackles I would like to see the Chiefs making.

Seen too many games where players went for the ball versus tackling the ball carrier and the game turned out to be a L. The past two weeks I have seen some solid tackling from Washington and Houston. Yes the Chiefs won but the type of tackles I would like to see the Chiefs making.

I'm a huge "form tackle" guy. I've always been that way, make the Damn tackle. That's why it's difficult for me to see that type of strip be so nonchalant.

Think about the success of this D though. Takeaway margin is phenomenal. Yes some of them just fall to us. The majority are created. Win some, lose some...I hate watching the losses. Drives me nuts. Necessary evil I think.

Stop this nonsense.

If Alex Smith keeps playing like a top 3 QB there's no way the Chiefs are going to get rid of him. 

At $21m in 2018, it makes him the 14th highest paid QB in the league which is a steal.

Here are the facts to prove you wrong:  https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2018/

and how many of those teams paying more are doing well?

Archived