Arrowhead!!..will it ever be expanded again?

I just wonder how big we could expand the stadium IF we needed to? And what size crowd could we realistically attract if it was expanded? Could we ever get 90 thousand into Arrowhead every other week yall? We've consistently had good, passionate crowds. But I don't think we should rest on this, I believe we should always strive to get bigger and better year after year. But the question is, would the Hunt's be willing to go to the next level? Because as we all know, the bigger the crowd, the bigger the revenue. 

Doubt it. Ther are Some exciting times in the kingdom currenlty and to come. But To me the game and stadium isnt what it used to be. Some of that in my case may be some nfl burnout. But, I am sure once the winning slows you will see another dip in attendence and the trend will continue. Just too many more distractions and the rising cost of going.

And unless the team comes up with the cash I'm not real sure how supportive the tax payers will be from here on out.

If I were Hunt...i wouldn't expand it, especially if you look at Nascar tracks who are tearing out back stretches of stands (Richmond for example)...it doesn't make sense financially. I remember 20 years ago when there was a waiting list of 5000-10000 people annually just to get a ticket for Richmond...now days it looks pretty sad..tons of empty seats. Not sure if Arrow head is selling all seats for every game to even force talk of expansion.

The argument I would make is we've been a pretty good side for the last few years. Yes, We haven't won the big trophy yet, but It just seems like we might be entering into a wonderful period for the team. And we must remember, most of our best players are still pretty young, so who knows where they could take us? The ground right now is fine as it is, BUT, if we do win the superbowl this year or next, I believe we should take advantage of prestige it would bring and continue to build. IF we continue to be looked upon as one of the best teams in the league (and right now many believe we are the best), then do folks really think we couldn't get 85-90 thousand into Arrowhead? I do. 

if anything were to be add'd they would be suits. The new Gold Level altho really really nice is a determent to the stadium IMO.

Oh to those who have not been on the GL ..We had  35 yrd line Gold Level seats for well over 20 years. Other than the seats and the possibility of getting a cocktail or  getting early enough to eating foo foo food it was no big deal. The new stadium  GL people hang out in there the entire game and watch it on 500 TV screens/eat a plethora of different foods ..BFD!. we quit when Piloi came in town..tickets were $250 per...SEAT

I'm in total agreement with KCCHIEF4Lif and 12go's example the waning of NASCAR and their attendance is a great example as well... you just dont see  sold out tracks anymore..not even Bristol under the lights and that was the hardest ticket to get not just a few years ago.

Instead of expansion a state of the art indoor like Atl's would be in order.

The thing I really wanted to see was that rolling roof idea go into action. Although it would be an expensive addition..it would open the door to hosting super bowls, no fear of rain out at Kauffman...no rain at Arrowhead..there was also a concept thrown in to completely button up Arrow head and supply heating...lol..wouldnt football be different in December in that scenario? Although costly, because it would benefit 2 stadiums, it would be the most cost effective...split the tab with the taxpayers...etc.

Wasn't the total capacity of Arrowhead and Kauffman actually reduced when the stadiums were renovated some years back?  The idea was to take out some seats to add suites and luxury seats.  Maybe a thousand or so less bodies but a lot more revenue.  We had friends kicked off the gold level and they refuse to ever go back to Arrowhead.  Our baseball tickets more than doubled just so we could have waitresses bring concessions and we could move into the restaurant when it gets cold or rainy.  I don't see any way the teams would push to add more seats.  The few sellouts wouldn't pay for the expansion and most games have plenty of seats available.

Wasn't the total capacity of Arrowhead and Kauffman actually reduced when the stadiums were renovated some years back?  The idea was to take out some seats to add suites and luxury seats.  Maybe a thousand or so less bodies but a lot more revenue.  We had friends kicked off the gold level and they refuse to ever go back to Arrowhead.  Our baseball tickets more than doubled just so we could have waitresses bring concessions and we could move into the restaurant when it gets cold or rainy.  I don't see any way the teams would push to add more seats.  The few sellouts wouldn't pay for the expansion and most games have plenty of seats available.

yes they were at least at Arrowhead and our seats got removed. The Chiefs offered us some sort of BS replacements but after the hard work of our "Chiefs Representative" and us playing hard ball ( a letter to the Hunt Family) we actually got an up grade in our eyes..had to give up 4 in a row but got 2x2 Tandems seat but  2 seats were then Isle seats..Ace n the Hole was Dad's law firm handled H Roe Bartles Estates so some how we got the tickets after Mrs Bartle's death.

That was the beginning of f the end of our relationship with the chiefs. Pioli did a lot of damage..stupid fuck eggheaded muthrfukr

I just wonder how big we could expand the stadium IF we needed to? And what size crowd could we realistically attract if it was expanded? Could we ever get 90 thousand into Arrowhead every other week yall? We've consistently had good, passionate crowds. But I don't think we should rest on this, I believe we should always strive to get bigger and better year after year. But the question is, would the Hunt's be willing to go to the next level? Because as we all know, the bigger the crowd, the bigger the revenue.

Arrowhead needs to be smaller, not bigger. if they built s new stadium it would seat closer to 65,000 with more suite, club and food/drink options. Last renovation they did decreased capacity of both Arrowhead and The K by about 3,500

yes they were at least at Arrowhead and our seats got removed. The Chiefs offered us some sort of BS replacements but after the hard work of our "Chiefs Representative" and us playing hard ball ( a letter to the Hunt Family) we actually got an up grade in our eyes..had to give up 4 in a row but got 2x2 Tandems seat but  2 seats were then Isle seats..Ace n the Hole was Dad's law firm handled H Roe Bartles Estates so some how we got the tickets after Mrs Bartle's death.

That was the beginning of f the end of our relationship with the chiefs. Pioli did a lot of damage..stupid fuck eggheaded muthrfukr

If a lawyer couldn't snag his deceased client's ticket rights, he'd be kicked out of the profession.  :lol:  :lol:  

The argument I would make is we've been a pretty good side for the last few years. Yes, We haven't won the big trophy yet, but It just seems like we might be entering into a wonderful period for the team. And we must remember, most of our best players are still pretty young, so who knows where they could take us? The ground right now is fine as it is, BUT, if we do win the superbowl this year or next, I believe we should take advantage of prestige it would bring and continue to build. IF we continue to be looked upon as one of the best teams in the league (and right now many believe we are the best), then do folks really think we couldn't get 85-90 thousand into Arrowhead? I do.

Lots of "we's" floating around here. You work for the team? ????

The chiefs have problems selling out now. Just look into all the promotions they've had to run the last few years on small season ticket packages and cheap game tickets. This even after they won their first playoff game in 20 plus years.

I just don't see it happening.

Lots of "we's" floating around here. You work for the team?

The chiefs have problems selling out now. Just look into all the promotions they've had to run the last few years on small season ticket packages and cheap game tickets. This even after they won their first playoff game in 20 plus years.

LOL what do you want me to say? "The organisation"? :D

I believe we as fans are the lifeblood of the team. Without the fans, there simply is no team. 

LOL what do you want me to say? "The organisation"? :D

I believe we as fans are the lifeblood of the team. Without the fans, there simply is no team. 

:D

Someone pointed the "we" thing out one time..  It just kinda stuck with me, and I correct myself saying it at times.  

Yes the fans are..  Part of my no go stance is how they are allowing the players to push many fans away with the whole   interjection of politics to the game.  Especially when tax payers foot the bill for the facilities.  

The reasons, Right or wrong, you can't be pissing a big segment of your fan base off.  Take your causes outside the stadium where people want to escape from the constant barrage of that crap.  

This may very well blow over.  But if it keeps on you are gonna have a harder time getting tax payer funds.  

I've never been a fan of the rolling roof/dome idea.  Football without the elements just isn't football.  I've been to games at Arrowhead where it was so cold I was stuffing hand warmers into my shoes because my feet were numb and the wind was blistering, but I still wouldn't trade it for being indoors.  It's part of the experience.  Covering Arrowhead to me would be like making Lambeau an indoor stadium, the history and the mystique are entwined with images of the extreme elements.  

I've never been a fan of the rolling roof/dome idea. Football without the elements just isn't football. I've been to games at Arrowhead where it was so cold I was stuffing hand warmers into my shoes because my feet were numb and the wind was blistering, but I still wouldn't trade it for being indoors. It's part of the experience. Covering Arrowhead to me would be like making Lambeau an indoor stadium, the history and the mystique are entwined with images of the extreme elements.

Rolling roof though would have gotten us a Super Bowl and Final Four. But overall I agree. Football needs to be played outdoors. I do love how Sporting Park was built with cover for the fans, but not the field. Lots of rainy games at Arrowhead where being a fan is brutal.

Lots of "we's" floating around here. You work for the team? ????

I say we all the time as well. Why does that matter? Your promise though is correct that fewer people today attend sports in general and that defintely applies to the NFL where the elements can dampen fan experience. Plus tv coverage is really good and much cheaper. Royals won the World Series and attendance went down the next year. And now with Sporting KC having five straight years of sellouts, there's more legit competition. Trend in traditional pro sports is for smaller stadiums with more amenities.

Is there a non-ugly way to shield the fans without affecting the elements? Everything that comes in mind to Scheels the fan would affect the wind, rain, directions, and possibly even temperature. Even an ugly way would be may be possible? I'm not a physicist or meterologist or whatever they call it. Maybe let those who are close to the field, feel the elements but those in the back she'll be a little bit? You could choose. Of course, you would be farther away but it would also be cheaper and less difficult weatherwise.

Is there a non-ugly way to shield the fans without affecting the elements? Everything that comes in mind to Scheels the fan would affect the wind, rain, directions, and possibly even temperature. Even an ugly way would be may be possible? I'm not a physicist or meterologist or whatever they call it. Maybe let those who are close to the field, feel the elements but those in the back she'll be a little bit? You could choose. Of course, you would be farther away but it would also be cheaper and less difficult weatherwise.

Soccer stadiums in the EPL all have a roof structure that covers all the fans but not the field. It won't protect from temps and wind but it does the most important thing and keep fans from being rained on. They built Kansas City's MLS stadium this way and I can assure you it can make a gigantic difference I can handle almost anything but being poured on for three hours. Also eliminates the big no show element which means more concession revenue. No reason to do this in baseball because they don't play in most bad weather. But a sport like football it makes total sense.

Rolling roof though would have gotten us a Super Bowl and Final Four. But overall I agree. Football needs to be played outdoors. I do love how Sporting Park was built with cover for the fans, but not the field. Lots of rainy games at Arrowhead where being a fan is brutal.

I don't know if it's feasible to invest in a rolling roof that will bring in a SB sometime in the next decade. Too much investment and the weather in Arrowhead is actually a plus for the Chiefs later in the season. QBs from warmer climates tend to fail in bad weather and QBs like Brady or Big Ben have been using that to their advantage for years. 

I like the idea of a roof to cover the fans as it also helps create the atmosphere.

:D

Someone pointed the "we" thing out one time..  It just kinda stuck with me, and I correct myself saying it at times.  

Yes the fans are..  Part of my no go stance is how they are allowing the players to push many fans away with the whole   interjection of politics to the game.  Especially when tax payers foot the bill for the facilities.  

The reasons, Right or wrong, you can't be pissing a big segment of your fan base off.  Take your causes outside the stadium where people want to escape from the constant barrage of that crap.  

This may very well blow over.  But if it keeps on you are gonna have a harder time getting tax payer funds.  

Until the "large segment" actually start to care about why the players are protesting in the first place, then America will remain divided for many years to come imo.

Until the "large segment" actually start to care about why the players are protesting in the first place, then America will remain divided for many years to come imo.

Just look how the league is pivoting now. They are really feeling the backlasH of letting it go. From keapernick, to bennet, to peters, to Pence walking out. Viewers don't want it in the game. Again, no matter what side of the evolving argument you are on. Take it outside the stadium.

Just look how the league is pivoting now. They are really feeling the backlasH of letting it go. From keapernick, to bennet, to peters, to Pence walking out. Viewers don't want it in the game. Again, no matter what side of the evolving argument you are on. Take it outside the stadium.

What if the players stayed in the dressing room for the anthem then? Because you simply cannot force anyone to stand for anything, they are men, not children. 

What if the players stayed in the dressing room for the anthem then? Because you simply cannot force anyone to stand for anything, they are men, not children.

You can financially influence them unless the courts get involved. You can make them not play, unless the courts get involved. Both can backfire. Some players want to play enough that they won't risk that even if the courts could side with them later. If they are already kneeling, there's more pressure but if not, players, might conveniently decide "for other reasons" not to kneel.

Archived