Arrowhead!!..will it ever be expanded again?

What if the players stayed in the dressing room for the anthem then? Because you simply cannot force anyone to stand for anything, they are men, not children. 

No clue if that is the answer.  That will be for the league to possibly test the waters and decide.  

And yep they are grown men and you sure can't make em do it.   When you are in a business and your "cause" is hurting your bottom line,  this includes all paid employees, from the beer man, to the top exec, you gotta find another avenue for your voice.  That I think is the biggest issue here.  You're correct you have EVERY right to protest and speak your mind, but you have to be aware of the consequences.   There are times and places for such things and what the players are not getting is this is not the place.   

This could very well end up costing some players in the long run..  Kaeps situation could be that case, or it could have been his play (another debate).  But, he took his personal cause above the team and it may have cost him his career.   He is now living with his choices and decision.  If he feels that strong about it, then he should be one happy camper.  

Didn't mean to swerve this one off the coarse but it kind of played into future direction of expansions or lack of.

I agree with you guys the cold Rain games are MISERABLE but I don't want a cover over the stadium  Takes away from the mystique of the stadium.

No clue if that is the answer.  That will be for the league to possibly test the waters and decide.  

And yep they are grown men and you sure can't make em do it.   When you are in a business and your "cause" is hurting your bottom line,  this includes all paid employees, from the beer man, to the top exec, you gotta find another avenue for your voice.  That I think is the biggest issue here.  You're correct you have EVERY right to protest and speak your mind, but you have to be aware of the consequences.   There are times and places for such things and what the players are not getting is this is not the place.   

This could very well end up costing some players in the long run..  Kaeps situation could be that case, or it could have been his play (another debate).  But, he took his personal cause above the team and it may have cost him his career.   He is now living with his choices and decision.  If he feels that strong about it, then he should be one happy camper.  

Didn't mean to swerve this one off the coarse but it kind of played into future direction of expansions or lack of.

I agree with you guys the cold Rain games are MISERABLE but I don't want a cover over the stadium  Takes away from the mystique of the stadium.

I think it has a lot to do with the protests rather than the disrespect, rating have been falling for a while and most people are actually using this as an excuse to disregard the problem. I've rarely seen non-military people actually respect the anthem. Even most of the law enforcement is relaxed and waiting for it to be over. The fans rarely care, quite a bit of them stand for the anthem with their hands full or in their pockets and some even keep eating. There have been lots of protests over the years regarding the violence over minorities and still are a lot of them but kneeling during the anthem seems to be the only one that's getting any attention so this might actually be the best way to protest and could also end if people focus on the root of the problem rather than a symbolic action that's pointing out the issue.

I think it has a lot to do with the protests rather than the disrespect, rating have been falling for a while and most people are actually using this as an excuse to disregard the problem. I've rarely seen non-military people actually respect the anthem. Even most of the law enforcement is relaxed and waiting for it to be over. The fans rarely care, quite a bit of them stand for the anthem with their hands full or in their pockets and some even keep eating. There have been lots of protests over the years regarding the violence over minorities and still are a lot of them but kneeling during the anthem seems to be the only one that's getting any attention so this might actually be the best way to protest and could also end if people focus on the root of the problem rather than a symbolic action that's pointing out the issue.

I have thought throughout this whole thing about what would be the marker of satisfaction? I know there is racism in the world but if the objection is about police brutality and I'm not a police officer, other than voting in congressman and pressuring police departments and supporting judges that could rule in favor of civilians, I don't know what is to be done.

How are we going to know that is being done enough? I know it isn't right now, but the protest would end when it is but how would we know when that is? Will it be never? And if so, I think better is better and I hope that it is getting better, but a perpetual protest over something that the owners are not doing is not going to please the owners. Not that pleasing the owners is the point of life. People already missed the point and it'll eventually be meaningless.

It's simply cannot be that there is no racism because there always will be, especially when events are being magnified and nationalized. Are there statistics on police brutality versus please stats? Play shootings? These are things that are subjective and one by one I have found that case it was enough to say that is a problem obviously. But when are we going to know that it's not a problem? How aware is aware?

I have thought throughout this whole thing about what would be the marker of satisfaction? I know there is racism in the world but if the objection is about police brutality and I'm not a police officer, other than voting in congressman and pressuring police departments and supporting judges that could rule in favor of civilians, I don't know what is to be done.

How are we going to know that is being done enough? I know it isn't right now, but the protest would end when it is but how would we know when that is? Will it be never? And if so, I think better is better and I hope that it is getting better, but a perpetual protest over something that the owners are not doing is not going to please the owners. Not that pleasing the owners is the point of life. People already missed the point and it'll eventually be meaningless.

It's simply cannot be that there is no racism because there always will be, especially when events are being magnified and nationalized. Are there statistics on police brutality versus please stats? Play shootings? These are things that are subjective and one by one I have found that case it was enough to say that is a problem obviously. But when are we going to know that it's not a problem? How aware is aware?

I don't think we'll ever reach the full egalitarianism anywhere in the world. Individual racism will probably never cease to exist but we still have to do our best to reach the final goal. In case of establishments like law enforcement or the government few bad acts by some individuals are easily generalized and seen as the norm for the said establishment. 

As you said it's probably meaningless right now as after a certain time it's more like people not trying to back down and the entire process is not raising any more awareness than the first protest. The thing is there are no sides to the real issue as all sane people want the brutality to stop, the other side was created by a guy who couldn't condemn neo-nazis to create a counter outrage to hide the initial act. We should have been past this mess already. 

Right now NFL is the focal point as it's one of the few things the entire country has in common but the issues are ongoing in various environments, we just don't recognize most of them as they are not nationally televised. Also most of us who are aware don't really care as much, which is another issue.

I want it small enough to sell out regularly so the games get televised on a regular basis even on down years. This size seems about perfect.

More teams are doing away with the blackouts but as always, I only care about the Chiefs and I don't want you guys blacked out. And I don't really see any benefit to hosting the Super Bowl because I won't be there. (I obviously see their benefit, of course.)

Rolling roof though would have gotten us a Super Bowl and Final Four. But overall I agree. Football needs to be played outdoors. I do love how Sporting Park was built with cover for the fans, but not the field. Lots of rainy games at Arrowhead where being a fan is brutal.

The Super Bowl would've been nice, but what would we have ended up with, maybe 2 of them in our lifetimes?  Meh.  The final 4.  Basketball games in ginormous football stadiums is completely stupid. The sight lines are terrible and it's just too damn big.  I've always wanted to go to a F4, but I'd never waste the time or money unless they went back to basketball venues.  Could you imagine sitting in the corner of the upper deck at Arrowhead and trying to watch a basketball game on a court that's a third of the size of the field?  No thanks.

I think the worst thing to happen was the rolling roof not get enough votes!

I think what a lot of people get stuck on is the “Arrowhead was meant to be open to the elements”. I agree with this and the rolling roof would allow it to be open and only shielded from heavy heavy ice/rain. You would still be cold as hell haha.

I think the roof being in between the stadiums is where it would shine. You then give fans a place to hang out before and after the game while being shielded from the elements.

I honestly think it would benefit the Royals more than the Chiefs. There is nothing worse than sitting in that damn stadium when it’s 90+ with 90+ humidity there. Please shot me!

post-25703-0-72897200-1507818333_thumb.jpeg

post-25703-0-44843600-1507818342_thumb.jpeg

I think the worst thing to happen was the rolling roof not get enough votes!

I think what a lot of people get stuck on is the “Arrowhead was meant to be open to the elements”. I agree with this and the rolling roof would allow it to be open and only shielded from heavy heavy ice/rain. You would still be cold as hell haha.

I think the roof being in between the stadiums is where it would shine. You then give fans a place to hang out before and after the game while being shielded from the elements.

I honestly think it would benefit the Royals more than the Chiefs. There is nothing worse than sitting in that damn stadium when it’s 90+ with 90+ humidity there. Please shot me!

Was there ever a plan to use the rolling roof over the tailgating area? That would be a ventilation nightmare but could be very useful if those issues are taken care of.

The Super Bowl would've been nice, but what would we have ended up with, maybe 2 of them in our lifetimes? Meh. The final 4. Basketball games in ginormous football stadiums is completely stupid. The sight lines are terrible and it's just too damn big. I've always wanted to go to a F4, but I'd never waste the time or money unless they went back to basketball venues. Could you imagine sitting in the corner of the upper deck at Arrowhead and trying to watch a basketball game on a court that's a third of the size of the field? No thanks.

I bought Final Four tickets to Phoenix last year actually believing KU would make it there. We decided to go anyway and had club level seats. Experience was very cool as I ran into about 10 coaching legends and had a ton of fun with pregame party. The view from our seats were indeed laughably bad and I'd never go back unless I get court side tix. College basketball selling out fans for this type of venue is indeed annoying.

But what I like is irrelevant. This is about being a massive money maker for the city. Actually getting some tangible economic stimulus for city's investment in the stadiums. This is why rolling roof not getting passed on same ballot as renovations made no sense. Make the owners pay if you aren't getting a ROI. Of course that means the Chiefs were moving to Kegends in KS and the Royals would have left. So we did keep our teams. We just don't get any real economic benefit.

It seems like the economic growth is on the Kansas side anyway, so I think both teams would have benefited from a move across state lines.  Of course I have a little bias there.  From where I live, if the teams were stationed at Legends, I'd attend a ton of games just because of the easier proximity.  When I was in my early 20s, I would go to 30-40 games a year at the K and a few at Arrowhead.  Back then the drive didn't bother me because I had more free time and it was a little easier to get up for work the next day after not getting home until 1 or 2 AM and turning around on a few hours of sleep.  Fast forward to my mid 30s and life is busy, I have less free time and more bills, and workdays on 3 hours of sleep suck a lot more than they used to.  

It seems like the economic growth is on the Kansas side anyway, so I think both teams would have benefited from a move across state lines.  Of course I have a little bias there.  From where I live, if the teams were stationed at Legends, I'd attend a ton of games just because of the easier proximity.  When I was in my early 20s, I would go to 30-40 games a year at the K and a few at Arrowhead.  Back then the drive didn't bother me because I had more free time and it was a little easier to get up for work the next day after not getting home until 1 or 2 AM and turning around on a few hours of sleep.  Fast forward to my mid 30s and life is busy, I have less free time and more bills, and workdays on 3 hours of sleep suck a lot more than they used to.  

I'm 49 and totally understand this. Going to Arrowhead for 8 hours, 8 times per year gets harder and harder the older I get and with a girl involved in high school sports. This will be the first year I do not go to all the games in decades. I almost prefer watching Royals games on TV than taking the 27 mile trip out there with any regularity these days even with partial season tickets. Ease of the experience draws me to more Sporting KC games than anything else now.  I can get to Legends, watch an entire Sporting KC game and be back home in less than 3 hours. I love soccer though. But same principal would apply if the Royals or Chiefs moved West (although the games in both leagues last too long in my opinion). 

Well according to reports, This Steelers game may have the biggest attendance since 2010 yall!!!..so maybe my original argument might have some weight afterall? :D

Tickets for the next two games are hard to get at less than about 120 percent of face value. But we are again backloaded with cold weather month games where it's much harder to sell tickets even with a really good team.

I still play Madden 06

Yeah I know

Trent Green, Priest , Roaf ,Tynes

Anyway

The Stadium is 40 in 06

So you have to upgrade , rebuild or Move

1 of 10 times do you get approval to rebuild

So it's like what actually happened

You upgrade

So now you are looking at a 50 year old stadium

That is upgraded to the max

So about all you can do at this point is play it out because a new stadium is out of the question

By the way Derrick Johnson is the only guy left from 06 his rookie season

Archived